Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2015/post-3-0-96444500-1431472238.jpg

Tamarack

Owner: Mikaela Ritter of Barrington, NH.

• Like 9

Outstanding...awesome.... great lighting, and facial expression. Beautiful canine! Love it! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I could sit and stare.... the sentience is transcendent and mesmerizing.

Mikaela, by any chance are you a professional photographer?

I know, right?

You new pup owners, you will move from your squiggly pups, to Boone, the last dog of the month, to something like this.

Prepare yourselves. They will look to you for leadership.

Hahahahaha! It's a heck of a ride.

• Like 3

OMG I went to the front page and when I did I thought "Where did that picture of Chhaya come from" and I scrolled down and saw it was Tamarack!!!

They look so much alike it's crazy....those eyes are exactly the same....I forget who Tamaracks parents are....

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

No, Miz Molly - not a professional, just a dog lover with an outdated SLR camera LOL.

maria, he's out of Raven x Newkim - so he is a half sibling to all of the new Raven pups that are popping up everywhere! They are chocolate Tamarack's and their cute faces are killing me. I am DYING for another pup!!

I actually meant to send Allison another similar photo of him without the 'mink stole' and have her post them side by side to illustrate the difference between the summer and winter coat, but I forgot ;)

• Like 3

Newkim is Lili & Waki's papa! Nice!

• Like 1

That's right it is Newkim that is his father....Raven is Chhaya's sister....so Tamarack is her nephew! Id love another pup too!

Koda_034.jpg
chhaya_079.JPG

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures from my computer....It's been a long time and since the update on this site I haven't done any pictures...instructions please lol

These are pictures I posted a couple years ago of Chhaya and Koda...have more recent ones of Chhaya if I can get them on here.

Edited by maria
  • Like 1
Ahhh! I do see it! Like your description-Thunderbird Petroglyph. Kim calls them Eagles.
Waki's chest vs Thunderbird Petroglyph. Am I the only one that sees it? http://www.waymarkin...DeSoto_Missouri Attached Thumbnails

We learned about "chest eagles" via Allison who then replied in the quote above.

• Like 1

I see it.....This is one thing that I always take not of with the pups......does the eagle look like he is about to land to take prey with talons extended?, is it aerobatic and swooping in flight like Johnathan Livingston Seagull (now there's an oldie) ? is it a reflection in still water? They are all so different....like a thumb print. It would be interesting to get photos of all the pups "chest eagles" for comparison......Like a finger print..... Wiki has a beautiful FULL on eagle.

I see it!

Maria, is Chhaya graying out as she gets older? I swear T looks lighter and lighter every year. It's especially apparent on his haunches, which are hardly black at all now. He is almost 5 (WOW where did the time go) now and already has a white outline to his lips so I think he will go quite gray in the face early on as well.

BC Jackie, they all have varying coat lengths, but T has definitely gotten a thicker stole as he's gotten older. He had one in the winter when he was younger, too, but this year's was just downright impressive.

He gets a lot of comments on his chest marking! I've always referred to it as his eagle but I've heard it called many other things as well. I love the thunderbird petroglyphs, they really do look a lot like it!

• Like 1

Newkim is also Waki's daddy (maybe he makes good chest eagles?) Newkim had some interesting patterning. Waki has that white ring around his nose which gets bigger and smaller all the time. This spring it's really pronounced and has invaded half his nose (to the left of his white face stripe only). Also his coat is more salt and pepper right now vs black. Maybe T is going for the white nose ring look.

Yes she is. Her muzzle and her haunches is where I notice the most. Wow is right! You said he's almost 5...I had to think how old Chhaya is..she will be 7 in November.

Chhaya's parents are Nova x Hopi. If you go to the Breeders Page you can see them. I can see as she gets older too that she has this gold across her shoulders...it changes with the seasons. If you notice her chest she has what alot of people call a "lighting bolt". These dogs are the best and everyday is more awesome with them. So want another puppy! I just can't do it right now. Hopefully within a year or two I will be able to. I think Chhaya will be great with a puppy!