Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sita Flower

Hi Everyone this is Sita. I'm in love with her :)

She is a blackberry pup from Tonka and Chaco...I kinda had the feeling one of them might be for us.

It all happened very fast. Kim called us on Thursday, we were at SDK on Friday (we only live three hours away), had the great joy of choosing between a couple of amazing pups (I'm not complaining, but I almost thought that having Kim just send the one he feels for you is easier! It was really hard to choose!)

She is sensitive but not withdrawn, very sweet and just starting to show us her exuberant and fun side. She missed her doggy family very much the first couple of days, and was quite whiny and distressed if we were even a few feet away from her...makes sense, right? At SDK she was never NOT surrounded by her litter, her mama dog, and dozens of other dogs within a few yards of her. Now her eyes are starting to smile, as these pictures show, and enjoy the good life we have to offer her. She is especially bonding with our 15 week old 3 pound long haired chihuahua Tanka, who is a bundle of joined who really welcomed her into the family. Our 9 year old poodle mix is a bit of a grump with her, but she's probably jealous because she loves Tanka as much as we do.

Sita is AMAZINGLY chilled out. She does not startle at all to the blender or when anything falls, even going so far as to try to take a rest on my wife's legs while she was on her knees vacuuming today! She's only had one potty accident, and that's because I didn't take her right out after a long nap. She comes when called, knows sit and stay, and is just an easy and smart little girl. I cannot wait to discover the mysteries of who she will become, but we are off to a great start. She's interested in new people, and has been so respectful of our cats that they actually let her come near because she's so not a big doofus. She is very graceful.

It was good to read Denise and other's posts and find out that we were not the only ones with a puppy who gives the death howl when we crate her, or that raises an unpleasant ruckus if we aren't close enough. I was a little freaked at first, worrying that she had some major separation anxiety that was going to be a long term issue, but it's gotten so much better even in 3 days. We're feeling very blessed to have such a sweet and beautiful dog, I'll definitely keep you dogsters posted. Yay!

IMAG1219.jpgIMAG1224.jpgIMAG1232.jpgIMAG1239.jpgIMAG1241.jpgIMAG1233.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone this is Sita. I'm in love with her   She is a blackberry pup from Tonka and Chaco...I kinda had the feeling one of them might be for us.   It all happened very fast. Kim called us o

Hi everyone. Sita Flower here It's been a long time since I wrote, I know. I was busy hanging out with my adopted pack at Greg's house in Oregon while my dad was hiking around the Himalayas and st

So it's been a little while...I've never woofed with you all directly, but I see that my cousins have been doing that, and it sounded like fun. Here's me under the table. Dad was happy to get this one

Posted Images

Oh Sri, she's just gorgeous! I'm so excited for you! She looks almost chocolate in some of the pictures, is that really the case or just the lighting? So glad to hear you're on the start of your exciting journey. I love hearing (and notice how we see this from each and every one of us) that we all feel everything works just the way it's supposed to. :)

Congratulations and Well Wishes!

• Like 4

Mommom she definitely resembles her papa Chaco in his chocolate base color, probably a shade or two lighter though. Maybe she has even lightened a shade in a few days, it sure seems like it.

As for the working out the way it's supposed to, I absolutely feel that now. I will admit that after the 7 month wait and crazy anticipation, my not-patient and doubtful self did have a few moments of wondering if Kim had chosen the right pup for us as she seemed so sad, whiny, and despondent those first days...is it not meant to be? what if we got the wrong pup? etc etc...

There's a lot of puppies at SDK right now, and I now really believe, as so many have reported, that Kim has a great gift for reading people and of course his pups. Another match well made, Mr. Laflamme! Keep the faith all new puppy owners!

We had the most epic cuddle this morning, her peaceful-ness helped me fall into a deep state of nap that I really needed. Sita Flower is great medicine for me

• Like 6

Congratulations Sri. Sita Flower is a beautiful pup.

• Like 1

Sri! :D

Wow what intense blue eyes Sita Flower has! and the brown nose - good sign! B) Well, all good things come from berry bushes!

She sounds delicious, AND it sounds like she is a great joy!!!!!!

• Like 2

So sweet...in the 3rd picture, she looks like she's thinking of doing something mischevious. Our family Shar-Pei used to get that look all the time. :) He'd cut his eyes to the side, and you knew he was about to start something. :D

I agree with you Sri, I think these pups are great medicine for all of us, some of the greatest there is. :lol: I wonder what I ever did without an AI dog in my life now. I can't imagine ever being without one again.

• Like 4

Sita week 2.jpg

Wanted to share this picture from exactly one week later...she's at nine weeks now. I'm glad I got those good pics last week because as everyone here states, she is changing fast. She's really getting the AI dog ears now (so much bigger!) and I think her face is starting to widen ala Chaco.

• Like 4

It's amazing at how quickly they grow! Does 'Sita' have a meaning (if you already said - sorry for the repeat) ?

She is definitely a BLOOMING flower!!! :wub:WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Denise, Sita is the name of a goddess in the Hindu pantheon. From Wikipedia: Sitais esteemed as a paragon of spousal and feminine virtues...Sita is known for her dedication, self-sacrifice, courage and purity.

For us, it just seemed like a wonderful spiritual name, and one that we wouldn't mind saying a million times over the course of our lives together...musically rolls of the tongue, and means something profound

She is blooming indeed! Took her to a deserted, well scrubbed by rain recently beach with a friend and his immunized dog today. We had a blast! she was digging and nibbling on plants and trying to burrow herself into the thicket and running with the new friend dog and happily greeting a few folks walking up the beach...she is enthusiastic about meeting everyone, human or dog, so far! She is a blossoming jewel, no doubt

• Like 2

She is a beautiful girl!

I am glad you are getting to enjoy her puppyhood now :wub:

I giggle thinking how our previous generation of AI puppy raisers must smirk at our posts ..... remembering their experiences and sometimes, maybe, shaking their heads. I know they have faith in us - even if we are vocal about our trials. :blink: It's the sleep deprivation :P

I have observed differences in Tayamni versus Non-AI puppies and dogs. I am sure you've experienced it too. I know all the AI Dog companions have mentioned it in their posts, BUT ...... it is an experience one has to live.

That we are!!!!!!!! :D

We have quite a group going through this together .... with the fall litters!

This is special!

And the puppies make great feet warmers, YES??????

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Sita Hriday.jpgSita Sky 2.jpgSita Sky.jpgSita log.jpg

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to share some of the latest pictures. Sita is a unique creature, everyone remarks on how calm and friendly she is. The vet said puppies are usually crazy and hyper, or somewhat withdrawn and shy she was really struck by how Sita is neither, she seems quietly very confident. She is getting more cuddly by the day, which I like a lot :) I mentioned in another thread how I took her to see my elderly friend and she was SO loving and calm, sitting with him on his easy chair for literally hours, kissing him, cuddling with him...I had never seen her that way, and it really seemed like she 'knew' that her 'job' that day was to love him up. I don't know what a therapy dog is, really, but she has an amazing sense for energy. She blends right in. Last night I took her to a music jam, and she sat right in the middle of the music, so interested, I could tell she wanted to play something but didn't quite know how tee hee...She was just chilling with all of us. Again, she was in a home where the dog that lives there is not usually okay with other dogs and by the end of the night they were cuddled up on the couch together! I'm so stoked to have such an easy going and sensitive companion. Oh yeah and she is fully potty trained at this point...even going so far as to ring the bell by the door, even though I stopped showing her a week ago that is what I wanted her to do: I figured she was too little and I would train her later for that, and she 'remembered' and started doing it even though I had stopped showing her! Now that is cool

Edited by Sri
  • Like 3

Sounds like everyone is doing well over there! WONDERFUL!

• Like 1

Wonderful pictures. It's interesting how there are so many puppy pictures right now, and one would think since they're the same breed that they would all look pretty much alike--but not so! Their individual personalities shine through. Sita looks like a sweet, calm, confident pup. Fascinating....

• Like 2

Carolyn I know what you mean...to me, AI dogs with their often light colored eyes, eyes that appear to give a real glimpse into their personalities...dare I say their souls? eyes being the window and all of that...there are some that have been posted lately that are just such jokers, you can see it in their eyes...

• Like 2