Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Hopefully Obscure Piddly Pee Issue And Resolution

We recently went on a short vacation and upon return got our dogs from the kennel. All seemed right in the world. Then 2 days later and for a period of about 5 or 6 hours Cake peed herself. Non stop. I took her to the vet and they took a culture but the vet made I pitty u face and said she suspected permanent incontinence. Even though Cake is only just now 6 (happy birth day) she said it does happen that early in some girl dogs. That was not a happy forecast. ***

All Cake's life she has been unable to express her anal sacks consistently. We know she has a problem when she scoots her bum on the ground and then my husband "fixes the problem". I have tried but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. If you really want to feel ridiculous, just try.

***Anyhow it's getting late in the evening of the dreadful forecast and I am thinking about how to live with a new potential reality, since Cake likes to sleep on my feet, when Scott does "the fix" with explosive results and the peeing stops.

We think she probably "told" the kennel of her issue and it wasn't a tell they understood so the problem festered and she was doing everything she could to release the pressure.

Anyhow thought I'd "pass" that on, in case you should ever have the same issue.

We are all very relieved...

• Like 2