Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

First Pup Of The Season

Here it is! The first puppy picture of the season. Kim says this one is bound for Kentucky.

firstpupothe_season.JPG

nice pup how is he doing

getting jused to his new home

gea

She is doing really good. We have had her a week today and she is adjusting well. We have named her TarevaChine. We are pronouncing it Tare Va Sha Nay.(meaning Beautiful eyes) She is a little sweetie and has quickly become one of the family. She has been doing really good on the house training and loves to be out side with the kids. She has a blast running after the kids and pullin on their shirt tales to get them to go the way she wants or if that don't work she just runs in front of their feet and trips them. She is a blast to watch and has really touched our hearts.

I have a littermate of Tareva, I am calling her Cassie, which will be short for Cascade Rose. She is sweet, and great with other people (she hasn't met a stranger!). But she can be a handfull (she does get underfoot a lot, leading to accidental stepping on toes). I guess that some of it is just puppyhood. Tough love is definitely needed. I have had her for a few weeks, the good thing is she lets me sleep through most of the night now. She is taking to the leash rather well, which is good for both of us. They are special dogs, adorable as puppies, and hopefully, great companions as adults.

I have a littermate of Tareva, I am calling her Cassie, which will be short for Cascade Rose. She is sweet, and great with other people (she hasn't met a stranger!). But she can be a handfull (she does get underfoot a lot, leading to accidental stepping on toes). I guess that some of it is just puppyhood. Tough love is definitely needed. I have had her for a few weeks, the good thing is she lets me sleep through most of the night now. She is taking to the leash rather well, which is good for both of us. They are special dogs, adorable as puppies, and hopefully, great companions as adults.

hi michelle

she is a beaty too,very nice litter.

they can be a handful,so in mine,but such a sweet dog to my family,we love her very much already,she is 7 months now,she is very hard work but it is worth it

gea

That is great, Shannon. I pulled this off the old forum, where Kim had let us post it, just before she left for home. We were all mentioning how stout she looks! Nice name, too.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Hi,

I was wondering who are the Mom and Dad of Tareva and Cassie?? I was wondering if they are related to the pups that are coming to Holland pretty soon.

They are such a wonderful breed.

My Shawn is a year and a half old. Just this morning he could not stop talking to me. I thought he wanted me to open up the back door, but he did not go outside. He did keep on talking.... He went back inside, got his girl, and then as they both went uitside, he kept on talking to me again.... turned his head and said.....this is what I wanted, I wanted her and me to play outside! So I told him he was such a wonderful boy! Good job!

Molly

hi Molly,

It says on my pedigree that Cassie is from Mocha 2 and Rogue's Red Ryder. I saw them when I picked Cassie up, her dad is a very northern looking dog and her mom looked a bit more plains (Kim would know how much of each). Cassie seems a nice blend, slender with a medium coat and medium length ears. Her eyes are dark (dark amber-brown), which is unusal but they still have that intelligent look. I don't know if my pup is related to the ones coming your way, they might have the same dad. How exciting though!

Hi Michelle,

Our dogs share the same Dad. When the puppy is here I will ask them, too. Having a puppy shipped on a plane is such a challenge, for the new owners as well as for Kim.

Do you have more dogs or is this your first one?

I'll let you know more about the new Dutch puppies when they have arrived.

Molly

I think Miss Tarevas parents are Dream Catcher and Coup. She is getting so big growing everyday. I now understand what ya'll were talking about with the constant color change. She is so beautiful. I am really suprised that Kim didn't keep her for breeding but I am sure everyone of us feel the same way about our babys.

Thank you Michelle and Shannon. I find it so interesting to know about the Moms and Dads. I, too, think Kim is missing out on something now that he sold Shawn to me! So, yes, I agree with you!

Molly

Actually now that I read Shannon's reply I think my pup's parents are the same as Tareva's, Dream Catcher (mom) and Coup (Dad). Those sound like the names Kim used when I was up there, but it says something else on my pedigree so I am a bit confused - I should check on that! So Molly, maybe our pups aren't related by blood but I am sure they share the same spirit! Good luck with the new one. Cassie is my first and only for now. I will wait until she is older before I consider another - puppies are a handful!

-Michelle

Hi Michelle,

In a way, who cares who the Mom and Dad are, we have the best dog in the world anyway!!

But....

Hawk is my Shawn's brother, and he and Lisa are very special to us. That's just the way it is with brothers... Their Mom moved away (Sierra) and their Dad (Rogue's Red Rider) has so many sibblings by now....

Brothers... they bring people together!

Molly

Thanks Molly, you and Shawn are very special to Hawk and I too.

I like knowing who our boy's step brother and sisters are. It's neet to see pictures of them and compare what they look like and if they have some similar traits.

Who has Two Scoops? Was I reading it right last week that he is a brother to Scout? If that is so Hawk and I know Shawn welcome you brother. Let's see some pictures.

Arf Arf, Hawk and Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Two Scoops is with Dave!!

Molly and an Arf from Shawn...

Hi Lisa and Molly,

Two Scoops lives with Dave in Selma. His parents are Echo and Bow. I have lots of photos of him, but the best way to see some is to go the the action site and look on the most recent racing pages. www.indiandogsinaction.com .

Hope that helps.

Marie

• 1 month later...
hi Molly,

It says on my pedigree that Cassie is from Mocha 2 and Rogue's Red Ryder. I saw them when I picked Cassie up, her dad is a very northern looking dog and her mom looked a bit more plains (Kim would know how much of each). Cassie seems a nice blend, slender with a medium coat and medium length ears. Her eyes are dark (dark amber-brown), which is unusal but they still have that intelligent look. I don't know if my pup is related to the ones coming your way, they might have the same dad. How exciting though!

Michelle ~ Yes, your Cassie is out of Mocha & by R's Red Ryder. Mocha is owned by Don & Tamara Smith that live in Cave Junction, near us. We have bred Mocha twice now (They will be at the gathering with their 2 A.I.Dogs by the way, if you can make it, you can meet your pups mother) Mocha just had the one pup here, so we put her one pup with Catch that just had 3 pups. So Mocha could go home with her family & Catch raised Mocha's pup. That is why you didn't see your pups mother here at the time you picked her up. I think we explained that, but you where pretty excited at the time <g> & they are all related to some extent or another.

To answer someone else's coment about why we didn't keep there pup for breeding. If I have kept a pup from the same breeding - deferant litter before that one, I don't need to keep one from every litter. Plus I have to be carefull what personality, color, sex etc .... etc .... I keep to balance out the other personalities of the dog that I keep to balance the bloodlines from that dog that will be bred to that one. Also colors have to be thought about too. If you keep to many of the same colors you end up with other colors becoming delute & you can loose some colors forever. There are over 1000 things to watch for & be sure you keep in the breedings or you start loosing that balance & vareables that we want to keep in our A.I.Dog breed. The next 2 breedings of Koco X Red ..... Nackia X Red I did keep a female pup from each. As this is the next breeding generation that I needed to keep. So knowone needs to worry about any of your bloodlines not being passed on or saved in the breeding program. That's my job & that's what I've done for many years, so no worries <g> I know what I'm doing, your dogs bloodlines are safe, healthy & wise ~ Your job's are training them to bring them to their best potiential & a happy full life <g> Kim

He is beautiful !!!

Do I see some similarities in this pup and yours, Cabiara?