Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Atticus And Scout: Play Date In Portland

Atticus (8 months old) and Scout (yes, both characters from "To Kill a Mockingbird") got together this afternoon for some romping in Scout's back yard.

Atticus (the red one) was born March 20, 2015, and I think Scout was a June pup.

Scout's human, Ann, was awesome to meet, and she said Kim predicted these dogs would seem to know each other, though they had never met.

Couldn't have been more true - they were like old friends and connected immediately and played non-stop for 45 minutes until they were both worn out.

Atticus is doing great; the occasional piddles are more more occasional, but now that he's got grown-up-dog teeth AND a puppies desire to chew, he's destructive if we haven't provided alternatives AND policing to prevent things. He's a champ on the leash and loves long walks, but the sights (umbrellas are TERRIFYING) and loud sounds of the big city have him more skittish than I like.

Still, and amazing companion, and a beloved member of the family.

Posting a few pictures here; more on my Web site:

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-and-Scout-Nov-2015/i-mV4r2f9/0/XL/atticus_and_scout_nov_2015-0406-XL.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-and-Scout-Nov-2015/i-SNBPsPM/0/XL/atticus_and_scout_nov_2015-0517-XL.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-and-Scout-Nov-2015/i-NmqkDZg/0/XL/atticus_and_scout_nov_2015-0535-XL.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-and-Scout-Nov-2015/i-GrHZQTC/0/XL/atticus_and_scout_nov_2015-0455-XL.jpg

• Like 5

Same same. Those photos are so happy. Great moments.

When you mentioned the sounds of the big city, it resonated with me. I have spent so much time in our small town and the woods, that I see our dog is as unnerved by the city as I am.

I decided to take the time with the next pup, to try and get him to be calm in the city.

Might help me, too. :rolleyes:

Again, spectacular photos.

• Like 1

Fabulous photos. I love to see the pups as they grow into the beautiful adult dogs. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Met Scout last weekend...She had a couple of play dates with our Belgian...They had a High Speed Blast! We are on the list for a pup & will likely be going down next weekend to check out all the pups (and hopefully bring one home)...We can hardly wait. Would love to get together with our pups & Atticus & Scout. You talk about them "knowing" each other as if old friends...we ran into another couple at 1000 acres with another male and the same thing happened...Scout & Jed (the other AI Dog) bonded & played like they had been "old friend". It was crazy. Anyhow, great pictures. Hope to meet you soon. BTW, we may go out to 1000 acres again this weekend sometime with Scout...

• Like 2

Love to see pics of the get togethers!

These two look like they are having a blast! Yes, I think the fountain picture is great :wub: and like all the pics!

So much fun - I can feel the excitement!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great photography for constant moving pups. Scout and Atticus sure get along and they sure have a lot of energy. I am currently on the waiting list to get a AI pup. It is good to see these dogs in action.