23 replies to this topic

#21 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:00 AM

Springtime, and Kaposia's wild urban neighbor's are lookin' good! These guys all look healthy. Photos are from today's paper.

Attached Files

Edited by LakeGirl, 19 March 2018 - 05:09 AM.

"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#22 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3350 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

Attached File  IMG_5244.jpg   78.67K   24 downloads.              Attached File  IMG_5245.jpg   97.8K   22 downloads

This pair of coyotes were browsing in my neighbors yard, heading to the river this weekend.   Beautiful and healthy.  Magnificent. 

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#23 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 385 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

Those are gorgeous. Thought I had a complimentary picture of my little coyote...not as close as I thought.

Edited by Carolyn, 19 March 2018 - 11:43 AM.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#24 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2283 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

Those are super cute.

3 winters ago after a fresh snow fall I came across these tracks. They cut across the trail I was on and disappeared into the woods. Mine were the only human tracks. I followed the tracks into the woods a little ways, to a big dump full of light brown hair. I started to feel not so comfortable squatting to photograph same. What ever it was, it was tall, left prints significantly larger and deeper than my 70 lb male GSD. That whole winter I found what I called "Dogzilla"'s tracks, one time perfectly overlayed onto deer tracks. Here is a photo of the front paw (big) and back paw (little). Cake's prints which are the same size as typical coyote tracks look like little cat prints by comparison. The print was nearly as large and wide as half my boot and relatively fresh. I kept hoping I'd spot Dogzilla. 

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coyotes, urban, people animal coexistence, california, research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users