Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Or actually how his owners did.... We were having some serious issues less than two months back ( it's crazy it was such a short time ago) Zuni at just over 12 months was in full brat mode and we were letting him get away with it! He was growling at family members ,tried to nip my husband on the couch, side eye snarly and at the same time nice to strangers friends with everyone at the dog park , good around kids etc. We were all so confused he even snapped at a trainer i brought in to help. Kim and Allison told us to buck up, get tough and don't be afraid to hurt his feelings!! I burrowed down and read everything i could on Alpha , tough love and when it came down to it it only took a change of attitude on our part, everyone using the same rules and making the rules clear and consistent to get a major change in our dog. We still have a ways to go and he still tests us once in a while but no he knows no means no and I will walk him down to get what i ask for. We started agility class last week and he is a natural. He's still a grumbly bratty teenage boy but I had 3 brothers I can handle this.

IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_7372 2.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

• Like 7

Glad to hear of Zuni's progress! It is hard during the first couple of years not to be a "marshmallow push over" when they're so smart and cute. Having all the humans on the same page and consistent is so important. Kaposia still challenges one of our grand sons occasionally (not the youngest, but the 12 year old.) He loves the dog and loves to play with her, but he's the soft hearted easy going one of the bunch. I still have to remind him, "If you want to play a little tug-of-war with the dog, fine, but remember, the dog never wins, and when you think she's getting over excited the game is over, and YOU put the rope away." Love the "Reverse 3/4 stretch" sleeping photo, it seems to be universal;

image.jpeg

• Like 3