Photo

Gathering- Selmac Oregon - Fundraiser

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Awesome news folks!

Kim has approved a fundraiser to help cover some of the costs of the Gathering.

(rental of shelter for the bbq/picnic, deposits, etc..)

I will be coordinating the sale of glow in the dark keyring/dog tags, with the AID logo and website

These tags glow all night, last forever, are nontoxic, low calorie, require no batteries, and can make finding your keys ...or dog.. much easier in the dark  :D

I will post a picture of them as soon as I actually have them in hand.

Great gift for campers and a great addition to your dog/s camping gear!

Our kids will be wearing them  B)

The way it will work : you snail-mail me $5 per tag and a SASE, and I will mail the tags back to you.

Just need the final ok from TheKim on the layout before I order them.   ;)

Edited by Starghoti, 30 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.
postage cost change

"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#2 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3471 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

So cool....I'm in! :D

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#3 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

So those that want to get a jump on this-  

As soon as they are available, I will mail them out to you :)

Oh, and the tags are 1.25" across.  Same size as a typical ID tag. 

Edited by Starghoti, 19 April 2013 - 01:56 AM.
Removed PoBox info until we know more about postage.

"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#4 dimsum629

dimsum629

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, Hiking, cave spelunking, being outside, crafts and gemology!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Count me in for two! :lol:

Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.

#5 dimsum629

dimsum629

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Can we give out the address to other dog owners we know or meet?

Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.

#6 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Can we give out the address to other dog owners we know or meet?

Absolutely!  That is why I got the PO Box :)

Also- Kim has approved the artwork, and I sent it off to the printer YAY!

#7 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Dang it-- apparently, according to the folks that make them, these tags are just a little too thick to send in a paper envelope.. :(
It will take a padded one and a bit more postage.

I will post pricing and such, as soon as I have the info.

Good news is, they are ordered- and should be on their way to me by middle of next week. Yay!

lol-- also the lady on the phone was curious about the breed.. So she went to Kim's site while I had her on the phone... Might have another AID family soon.. ;)

#8 ~IowayNationGirl~

~IowayNationGirl~

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Do you have a picture of this Star??

~ ~ Tonya D. ~ ~

~~~ He planned it so your path crossed mine ~~~

#9 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

As soon as I actually have them in hand, I can post a picture of them :)
The printer says they should be shipping out to me by Wednesday!

#10 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

YAY!!  Tags in hand (tho they forgot to send the little ball-chain doodads, but those are on their way)

So here is a picture of the face of the tag - and one I exposed to sunlight for a moment that is all glowey

Tags.jpg

The image is even embedded in the epoxy stuff, not just printed on the surface. 

Pretty kewl !!   :)

So I think I can go out on a limb and say they will be

$5/tag plus about $2 to cover postage and envelope.

(unless you need a bunch of tags, then we can negotiate shipping.. lol)

Send to:   PO Box 4Eight3, Springfield Oregon 97477

No I don't have a way to buy them online.. they are in a box on my dining table..   ^_^

#11 dimsum629

dimsum629

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

OK!!  Please prepare to receive a request for 20 tags next Monday from us. I think getting at least 5-10 or so will be a lot easier to if your planning on trying to sell some at your local dog park or amongst friends. Enough in case you generate interest quickly or less in case you don't.I was thinking of putting in a request for another set if the first 20 go at my local dog park like hot cakes. Probably also going to get some more before the East Coast Gathering as I will be there and I know Linda is trying to get a bunch of non aid owners to come to check the owners and dogs out and stuff.  :)

#12 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Awesome Val -  I will put them aside for you.

I have actually sold several to non-AID dog owner friends that camp and hike.  (and they like my dogs.. too :) )

#13 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3471 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'm in for 20 as well....going on my two AIDs, making necklaces for my 5 grand kids, (they will think this is just tooooooo cool, glow in the dark, they will LOVE it), one for my sons dog, one for each of my daughters dogs (2), and 10 left over to surprise my "special" friends....maybe they need them as necklaces as well :lol: and then there are my special canine friends.......  Sending check out tomorrow a.m. 

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#14 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

You Gals Rock!

:D  B)

#15 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Just a Thank You to everyone who has ordered the tags-  You are helping support our AIDog Gathering.

The picnic shelter, and other things will be possible thanks to your support!  

Even if you cannot come, it is nice to help and show solidarity!  :)

#16 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3471 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

....so I went to the post office to see if my dog tags were there.  Whooope they were.  I quickly opened the box and Kelly who works at the post office was curious to see what all the excitement was about.  I showed her the tags and told her they glowed in the dark.  Then asked if she would like one.  She said, "absolutely! I want two, one for each of my dogs."  We got to talking and then she started giggling and I asked what was so funny.  She told me she wanted two more to make ear rings to wear to the concert.  I love small towns.

#17 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Wondering if there are still tags available for sale...

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#18 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Yep! :). I still have a few

#19 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Awesome! will send $ to PO Box. Still $5 + $2? Thanks!

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#20 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yep :) $5/ea +$2 per whole shipment. Want 3 tags? $15 + $2 = $17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users