Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Dogs Play In The Southern Oregon Snow

I just wanted to share some pictures of my dogs playing in the first "good" snow we have had since I moved here almost four years ago. These pictures were taken this morning. Anoki, Maddie and Blue Bird had a ball and I must admit I did as well.

Anoki: Anoki Still.jpg Anoki Action.jpg

Maddie: Maddie Still.jpg Maddie 2.jpg

Blue Bird: Blue Bird still.jpg Blue Bird Action.jpg

Anoki and Maddie playing: Anoki and Maddie.jpg Anoki and Maddie 2.jpg

Edited by Greg
  • Like 8

Love the photos, Greg! Snow is such wonderful stuff! My sister snd I have been "transplanted by marriage" from Minnesota to Illinois, and share via text our "Yeah! It's a blizzard!" celebrations on the odd occasions when we get a big snow. Everyone is different, but I could never move to an area without winter snow. Kaposia loves it too! Dances and dances, and snow really brings on a case of "super zoomies!"

• Like 1

Well we are originally from Illinois. My travels over the years kept me generally in the warmer climates. I have always loved the snow, my wife not so much. Once we retired and settled here, I looked forward to the white stuff. This is my third winter here and finally snow (not flurries) at home, and the dogs really enjoy it as you can tell in the pics.

Edited by Greg
  • Like 1

I love the snow but hate the cold, gray drabness of coastal New England. And the sleet and frost and black ice. I love the hilly mountains and valleys and rivers though. I moved to South Florida for the warm weather, my body was having a hard time in the cold dampness.

I still miss the land up there though.

I had an Uncle in Crete, Illinois and we had summer ceremony in trhe Shawnee National Forest. Illinois is a nice place!

PS love the pictures of thed dogs, especially Bluebird in action!

Am wondering what Maddie and Anoki's pups will be like. Hope people post topics and updates on the forum.

Ooops I meant Shania x Anoki pups!!!!

About Maddie: how big is she and how old? Oh found the topic you posted about Maddie. It answers these questions. B)

Maddie seems quite bonded with you. ^_^

You are developing quite the pack!!!!!!!! :P

Did Maddie get spayed or is she a future breeder? just wondering since Maddie came up in my head.

Edited by Denise E.

Maddie seems quite bonded with you. ^_^

Did Maddie get spayed or is she a future breeder? just wondering since Maddie came up in my head.

Maddie and I do have a very special bond. She loves to be with me and I with her. However, she can still be hard headed at times. She does tend to have her way with Anoki and Blue Bird though. Oh, and she is spayed.

Edited by Greg
  • Like 2

Gorgeousl photos!!! Snow is truly so beautiful..the cold, is another thing (I lived in Lake Placid, NY for 6 years, and we had -29 every January for at least 2-3 weeks!!!) I still live in the mountains of NY, but lower south and west of Lake Placid. I do appreciate the snow, and love the peace and such amazing quiet in the woods...walking with a dog in that is just magical! I watch Wyot run like a dolphin, push the snow with his nose (shovel dog!), and dig where the mouse tunnels start (you can see the lines in the snow, extending out into a labyrinth type of design). I also love how the blue sky and sun stand out even more with the bright whiteness of the snow. I learned how to dress for the cold (when I lived way up north), and my blood has thickened, so I can take a bit more cold than my husband...he hates the cold, but has learned to tolerate...I think the problem is the very short days, and how dark it gets so quickly.

Denise, I hear you on the dampness...but I for one can't quite give up the change of seasons, and the beauty of living right on a creek, with fields and a forest right behind my house! I love hiking through all this way too much, and would miss the landscape. :unsure: I would, however, love to escape this weather for warmer climates for a week or two towards the end of winter, when you really just can't take the cold anymore, lol!!!

• Like 2

South Florida is a nice place to visit in the winter!

I miss the hiking in the woods and all too. However, my health doesn't let me stay up there very long. So I make do! At least I have the dogs! and the travel for ceremony every year!

• Like 1

Ah yes...South Florida sounds heavenly! We are trying to find a way to be psuedo snow birds (not spend all winter someplace warm, but some of it)...not so easy when you have two aged parents to keep an eye on (both of our moms), and transitioning with work (both self employed)...it'll figure itself out eventually. :)