Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

New Pup Zephyr Home In Texas

That's a handsome fellow! Please resize your pictures if you can, next time. 600 X 800 pixels is a good size for member viewing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite pic so far - shows how happy...and silly they are together!

Hi everyone!   I am still getting a hang of the forum (navigating and figuring out where to post), so I hope I am posting this in the right place! I picked up Zephyr last Friday and then traveled a

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more

Posted Images

nrrosque, you are really good with the camera. Good lighting,...great shots.

Excuse my ignorance and stupidity......what does nrrosque mean / stand for?

• Like 2

nrrosque, you are really good with the camera. Good lighting,...great shots.

Excuse my ignorance and stupidity......what does nrrosque mean / stand for?

Miz Molly... you have a tendency to say and wonder about the same things I do. :-)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@nytebyker @miz molly :: nrrosque is just my initials lol! First name Natasha, middle name Reis, last name Rosque -- I wish there was a much cooler explanation now that you were so curious haha, but unfortunately pretty boring!

@miz molly :: thanks so much for the camera compliment!!

• Like 2
He looks so much like our Lucy who passed. He is absolutely beautiful!!! How old is he and how old when you got him? Jane

Aww that's so sweet and thank you! He is about 5 months now I think, the days are all a blur lol. He was right at about 6 weeks when I got him. He is still so gangly and petite...still only 22lbs. But I guess he is just a slow grower. He is a doll and gets SO spoiled!

• Like 1

@nytebyker @miz molly :: nrrosque is just my initials lol! First name Natasha, middle name Reis, last name Rosque -- I wish there was a much cooler explanation now that you were so curious haha, but unfortunately pretty boring! @miz molly :: thanks so much for the camera compliment!!

You have a beautiful name. I hope you wear it proudly.

• Like 2

I have been meaning to share this video for quite some time now, but I had thought I lost it at one point -- luckily had it backed up on my Dad's computer.

It doesn't look like much, but it is extremely special to me. When I went to visit Kim, he recommended two pups out of that pen for me. I believe the other one I was looking at is now Nakoma (Ranger Komi) -- anyways I had held several of the pups, but after holding one pup, I would pick Zephyr up again. What drew me to him was his eyes - they were so alert and bright, just taking in the world! I was only in the pen for maybe 5-10 minutes, decided on Zeph, then Kim offered to show me his parents (Raven and Choco). So we spent some time with the adults and then I came back to the pen watched Kim and Greg feed the pups...then squatted down and made this kissing noise. He was the ONLY one that payed any attention and as you can see immediately came trotting over. It just made me feel like it was SO meant to be...how fast he bonded with me, it just blows my mind. Sometimes I think he chose me more than I chose him.

So anyways though it may not look like much, I will always hold this little video clip close to my heart :wub:

I will be getting updated pics of Zeph today too, yay!

zephcrop.jpg

zephcrop2.jpg

zephcrop3.jpg

zephcrop4.jpg

• Like 3

Message thing didn't save me edited text - but those are some pics I took on my phone at Kim's...I still regret forgetting my nice camera that day. Left to Right:: Zeph on bottom, Zeph in middle, Zeph on bottom, Zeph on top...

Wondering if the pup on top of Zeph in the 1st and 3rd photo is Atticus? 2nd and 4th pic Waka maybe or even Nakoma (a lot of their eyes looked blue at a distance, though if I remember right the dark brown one on top did have yellow eyes up close, so maybe Nakoma?

Edited by nrrosque

nrrosque - love the video and narrative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

And here are some updated pics of Zeph ... man this kid is so photogenic! Anyways my last post was more of a flashback, this is more of an actual update.

He is doing fantastic. Knows when to chill/when to play. I gave up on the crate and actually put it back in storage. I have been leaving him roaming at the apartment and he has been doing awesome -- no chewing anything (even while he is still teething) and only has an accident occasionally if I am gone for 5 hours-ish and only sometimes even then.

His temperament is perfect. Not going to lie, I was super worried in the beginning - he seemed a bit more alpha than I wanted and was so fussy about everything. He has really settled in well though. I use my dogs at my dog daycare / boarding facility to help me asses new dogs, so I require my dogs to be very good at reading energy and body language. Zeph has been doing great around all the dogs and I am slowly training him to listen to my cues when I introduce a new dog to him - he is doing very well.

Also, I am completely stunned and honestly proud of this boy. A few weeks ago, I stopped by my parents house with the dogs and was in the front yard letting them go potty before I went inside. All of the sudden, I look up to see our neighbors huge Pyranese/St. Bernard having escaped from their yard and is full on charging us barking and snarling. Remi (my husky) has been attacked by dogs twice (both times unprovoked...one dog even tried to kill her), so my first reaction was to protect her and I immediately pulled her behind me. Then I thought oh my God, Zeph is only 22lbs, one chomp and he's gone...so as I am trying to pull Zeph behind me to protect him, he will not budge. This little guy, stands his ground and gets in between me and this huge dog. He puffs out his chest and gives two "grown up" barks (they still sound so puppy-like, but as grown up as he can sound right now haha). It was enough to make the dog slam on its breaks only 2 feet from us and hesitate for a second. That's when I dragged Zeph behind me and yelled at the dog to get away. It hesitated and eventually started trotting off, but Zeph got in front of me again and then kept barking at it. I was just in awe. He has never done anything like that before and I had never heard that bark from him - I just couldn't believe my little 22lb guy was ready to take on this 90b. + dog!! Truly amazing! Anyways, I was just glad everything ended okay, and I called to the neighbors who eventually got their dog back home securely.

DSC_1000_adj.jpg

DSC_1021_adj.jpg

DSC_1049_Adj.jpg

DSC_1052_adj.jpg

DSC_1094.jpg

• Like 4

...and might I add, there was just such a calmness about him while he stood his ground, you could tell he wasn't afraid, but he wasn't going crazy and getting all reactive either - it was like he just went into this Zen state and stood there calmly, let out two barks and that was it...just mind blowing!

• Like 4

Great story! Wonderful photos, too. You are right, he is very photogenic. I love it that you photoed the back of his head. I know that ruff so well.

• Like 2
Great story! Wonderful photos, too. You are right, he is very photogenic. I love it that you photoed the back of his head. I know that ruff so well.

Thank you so much! I think that's my favorite picture, I love that little scruff so much!

• Like 1

Okay, yes I teared up - love to hear these stories of the dogs!

• Like 2

Okay, yes I teared up - love to hear these stories of the dogs!

Thanks - and I loved the article you posted also, very interesting!

Sounds like you have "The Great Protector."

yes, I was not expecting that from him, but glad to see it :D

• Like 1

That's one handsome protector that's for sure...he's growing into a very striking young man...from a very striking pup! It is absolutely amazing how these dogs continue to astound...must be the 'ound' part in that word.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Love the expression on Zephyr's face and the light bounce on the water....I'm with China, it's a great shot..

• Like 1