Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

New Pup Zephyr Home In Texas

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite pic so far - shows how happy...and silly they are together!

Hi everyone!   I am still getting a hang of the forum (navigating and figuring out where to post), so I hope I am posting this in the right place! I picked up Zephyr last Friday and then traveled a

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more

Posted Images

I haven't had a chance to get nice pics on my camera, but here are some from my phone (some are older from when I first got him)!

He is doing great, I am teaching him to swim, now that it is warmer (which he hates haha...but is slowly getting the hang of).

I can't wait until he gets his last round of shots in two weeks - yippee!

Second to last one - he is sleeping on his sister :wub:

2015-05-10_1431296369.jpg

2015-05-09_1431200876.jpg

2015-05-09_1431203990.jpg

2015-05-21_1432166939.jpg

2015-05-25_1432575266.jpg

2015-06-02_1433271326.jpg

2015-06-09_1433871260.jpg

Edited by nrrosque
  • Like 5

OMG those last two are my favorites! So precious. Can't wait to meet him. We're having a great week here with Tayamni, Boone's sister, visiting from Florida. We'll have a mini gathering here on Sunday with Boone, Tayamni, Bandit and Kito.

• Like 2

He is really cute! Photos from your gathering, don't forget.

• Like 1

We have all these handsome, classic, super wonder dog pictures for dog of the month. I hope that Dirt Dog makes it or washer dog or pillow dog.

• Like 2

He reminds me of our boy Kola....Your pup is beautiful!!!

Be very careful that your big dog doesn't play too rough with him. Kim recommends this because their joints are very loose for quite some time.

Your pictures are fabulous, funny and heart warming!

Keep them coming :)

• Like 2

Haha thanks! I can't wait until I can join in on the get together's I would love to see how he plays with other AI's!!!

OMG those last two are my favorites! So precious. Can't wait to meet him. We're having a great week here with Tayamni, Boone's sister, visiting from Florida. We'll have a mini gathering here on Sunday with Boone, Tayamni, Bandit and Kito.

:D me too, he has the goofiest personality

We have all these handsome, classic, super wonder dog pictures for dog of the month. I hope that Dirt Dog makes it or washer dog or pillow dog.

@wag65 -- I went to find your boy Kola and wow they definitely look almost identical! Kola is so handsome and I love that he is a good swimmer (hoping Zeph will be too!)

Thanks for the advice :lol:, his sister is very gentle and very good adjusting her play style based on what kind of dog/size of dog she is playing with B)

He reminds me of our boy Kola....Your pup is beautiful!!! Be very careful that your big dog doesn't play too rough with him. Kim recommends this because their joints are very loose for quite some time. Your pictures are fabulous, funny and heart warming! Keep them coming :)

Haha thanks! I can't wait until I can join in on the get together's I would love to see how he plays with other AI's!!!

Whats interesting to me is that when they get together, they all seem to "know" each other. It doesn't matter when they were born or who their parents are. They greet each other like they are long lost buddies from way back and haven't seen each other for years... Wagging tails, wiggly butts and a case of the zoomies like no other...at the gathering, there can be 12 AIdogs or more involved, never skipping a beat. Pretty amazing.....and everyone is smiling. :D

• Like 1

You can put them on the forum if you want, under "Events and Activities". You can also email them to me if you prefer.

Yes, that link worked! Great party trick. What a cute fellow.

• Like 1

Oh and I learned how to play dead!! (hope the link works :D )

Thanks for sharing the link. That is one smart puppy, and of course you did a great job teaching him that trick. I have never tried that one.

• Like 1

Highly politically incorrect and for that you get major points. Awesome trick.

He seems to be growing slowly compared to many. Wonder if he'll be a wee AID like Sega (Judy K's dog), Lili, Waki, Sita Flower and Ayita. I love the teensy AID dogs or as Sri calls Sita - pocket coyotes. Hey that would be just as good on the registry as Sock Goblin.

Oh wait, you are in Texas. OK then. Thought you were in Boston. Still give you points.

• Like 2

DSC_0577_crop.jpg

So I know I'm biased...but LOOK...look at that adorable face with his little bandana! :wub:

The other night, my family and I rented a movie to watch and we spent half the movie just staring at little Zeph...all he was doing was laying on the floor with his little bandana staring back at us with those little beedy eyes...and yet somehow we couldn't get enough of him haha!

Also, we have nicknamed him "Zephrey" or "Zeffrey" wonder if that will work for the registry? :rolleyes: ...it's funny because I envisioned Zephyr as this majestic, serious dog and named him after a Greek God (and yes he is majestic too in his own way), but he really is such a goofy silly character (hence "Zephrey" the silly version) - and honestly it's like he somehow knew that that's what I needed in my life. Does he make my life a struggle sometimes, yes...can he be ornery, yes...but oh my how he makes me laugh! :lol::lol:

• Like 5

Fantastic picture, thanks.

• Like 1

Zephrey....that's perfect!

Now....the challenge:

Alternate spellings:

Ghephery - (first two letters are silent and replaced with a "Z" sound....hey! It's my game, I can make up my rules!)

Zeghery - (this time the 'gh' produce an "F" sound as in enough. (truthfully though I pronounce 'enough' as EE-now-guh anyway so there's that)).

irhuaoew - (all the letters are silent and you pronounce it anyway you want! Thank you George Carlin for that one!)

• Like 3

Zephrey....that's perfect!

Now....the challenge:

Alternate spellings:

Ghephery - (first two letters are silent and replaced with a "Z" sound....hey! It's my game, I can make up my rules!)

Zeghery - (this time the 'gh' produce an "F" sound as in enough. (truthfully though I pronounce 'enough' as EE-now-guh anyway so there's that)).

irhuaoew - (all the letters are silent and you pronounce it anyway you want! Thank you George Carlin for that one!)

hahaha I love the "irhuaoew" ! I wonder what Kim would think if I wrote that on his registry papers :P:D

• Like 1

There will be times when he is grown that he will take your breath away with majesty but then the personality will come out. Back and forth it will go. PS Scott thinks Kim has a "glamor" line of AIDs - Cake, Zeff, Nefrit, Kona... - you know you have one when a stranger stops you to take multiple pictures of YOUR dog and comments that they won't believe this at the office.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

It's been a few weeks since I updated! Zeph is doing great, has an accident only here and there. I figured out that he crates better if I crate him together with his sister. My large crate is at my parents house, so once I get it transferred to my apartment, I will probably try that more often - I have been leaving him out in my apartment to run short errands here and there (he cries a little when I leave but settles down pretty quickly). So far so good, he won't destroy anything or have any accidents, so there is hope!

He really is a doll, though - he learns to moderate his energy level and just chill on the days when we aren't at the business. I had family in town this weekend and they just adored him :wub:

He's still super gangly, but at least he is finally growing a little bit lol!

The last pic is the look he gives me when he is too tired to go out for a walk -- if looks could kill hahaha

IMG_20150724_153945.jpg

IMG_20150724_154439.jpg

IMG_20150726_212945.jpg

• Like 2