Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Ai Dogs And People Who Love Them In The Southeast/mid-atlantic States

Hello AI owners,

I am seriously considering the AID as a second dog (own a young Weimaraner mix) and was hoping to meet a few AI dogs. I spoke with Mr. Laflamme, and he gave me a list of names of owners I could contact. However, I feel so odd just cold calling people!

So, I thought I'd try the forums first.

I'd love to hear from owners who wouldn't mind answering some questions and "talking dog" via email or phone.

Also, I'd very much like to meet some dogs in person. I live in Knoxville, TN, but would be willing to travel 3 or 4 hours one way to meet some AI dogs and their humans. Are there any owners who might be willing to let me intrude on their life for a bit? I could meet you at a dog park or pet store or where ever is convenient. Calling out to owners in east or central Tennessee, west or central North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, north Georgia, or southeast Kentucky.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

April

Hello AI owners,

I am seriously considering the AID as a second dog (own a young Weimaraner mix) and was hoping to meet a few AI dogs. I spoke with Mr. Laflamme, and he gave me a list of names of owners I could contact. However, I feel so odd just cold calling people!

So, I thought I'd try the forums first.

I'd love to hear from owners who wouldn't mind answering some questions and "talking dog" via email or phone.

Also, I'd very much like to meet some dogs in person. I live in Knoxville, TN, but would be willing to travel 3 or 4 hours one way to meet some AI dogs and their humans. Are there any owners who might be willing to let me intrude on their life for a bit? I could meet you at a dog park or pet store or where ever is convenient. Calling out to owners in east or central Tennessee, west or central North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, north Georgia, or southeast Kentucky.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

April

If you want to drive to Michigan, we have a 'few' of these kids!!! Love to have you meet them in person -- I truly thinks it makes all the difference in the world!!

JudyK in Michigan

April I live in Northwest Arkansas, maybe meet in the middle...Natalie

You should "cold call"..it's part of the deal. Most of us did it so I expect to answer my phone someday with a potential AI Dog owner on the other end :D

JudyK - As much as I'd love to see several of the little beasts together in action, Michigan is a pretty hefty hike for me (9-12 hrs depending on the area of MI). Thank you, though!

Natalie - Unbelievable that you would offer to meet me halfway! I would not want to impose that much; it's 4 or 5 hours to the halfway point. But, thank you!

Roots - Gracias for the assurances. It definitely makes me feel better about making some calls, and I think I will go ahead and contact some of the people on the list.

Thank you for the all quick and generous replies so far! I'm still hoping more people pop out of the woodwork :-)

I've gotten a few of these "cold calls" and love to talk about the breed. I guess it is partly sharing the passion of this magnificent animal . Go for it and do some calling. I really think everyone enjoys the experience.

• 2 years later...

April,

I have no idea if you will get this message, but we are in Nashville and just brought home our puppy last week. Kim can put you in touch with me.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not in your zipcode.. but if you have webcam ability, I am very willing to chat online with you, and you can virutally meet Jas and K'ne :)

I too have gotten those 'cold calls' LOL

But it is nice when people arrange ahead of time. ;)