Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Aidog Flyer: Printable Download

Hi all,

I wrote to Kim asking him if he thought fliers (flyers?) were a good idea - I wanted to check because it struck me that he might not want such a thing in order to keep the dogs from becoming a popular sensation. Silly me.

Just as a reminder, I've offered to do the layout if no one objects. I can save it as a PDF for downloading and printing at home.

Here is his reply:

Karen ~ Funny you should mention that … every few years we discuss this on the e-mail group at the time.

Before the internet when I went to group outings like Pow-wows I would always bring fliers just so I would not have to repeat myself over & over. I even made a recording at one point & just waited for a crowd to form & turned it on …. Over & over. Now that we have the internet I just tell them a short version & say “to learn more go to indiandogs.com … But I find that most people forget to do that or forget the web site. I have the old flyers, but they are a little out dated now, so it would be nice to make up new ones & maybe send to people with there registration papers? This might really help to promote our breed in a personal way as people are actually meeting an AIDog in person this way & getting an education at the same time & something ion there hand that they won’t forget.

I wonder if there would be a way to put something that any one can copy off the forum & fold up to keep with them, maybe on the public area? I’m not good with computer stuff, & don’t know how to print both sides…. Or maybe just one side, but I would think we could figure out a way to print both sides & mark the lines to fold it into 1/3’s & be able to see both sides? Maybe Allison (or other computer experts) knows more about this & could give some suggestions? You are welcome to cc this to the forum to discuss this if you like?

Thanks, good idea … I sure could have used flyers this week-end at the Dogs for the Deaf Dog walk fundraiser on Saturday & the 4-H club animal fun day where I gave a little seminar on the dogs & genetics. Believe me I know all about all the questions & comments that every one has from – “what’s that a coyote, wolf, fox etc “ … all depending on the color of your dog
It sure would make life easier ~

• Like 1
Hi all,

I wrote to Kim asking him if he thought fliers (flyers?) were a good idea - I wanted to check because it struck me that he might not want such a thing in order to keep the dogs from becoming a popular sensation. Silly me.

Just as a reminder, I've offered to do the layout if no one objects. I can save it as a PDF for downloading and printing at home.

Here is his reply:

Karen ~ Funny you should mention that … every few years we discuss this on the e-mail group at the time.

Before the internet when I went to group outings like Pow-wows I would always bring fliers just so I would not have to repeat myself over & over. I even made a recording at one point & just waited for a crowd to form & turned it on …. Over & over. Now that we have the internet I just tell them a short version & say “to learn more go to indiandogs.com … But I find that most people forget to do that or forget the web site. I have the old flyers, but they are a little out dated now, so it would be nice to make up new ones & maybe send to people with there registration papers? This might really help to promote our breed in a personal way as people are actually meeting an AIDog in person this way & getting an education at the same time & something ion there hand that they won’t forget.

I wonder if there would be a way to put something that any one can copy off the forum & fold up to keep with them, maybe on the public area? I’m not good with computer stuff, & don’t know how to print both sides…. Or maybe just one side, but I would think we could figure out a way to print both sides & mark the lines to fold it into 1/3’s & be able to see both sides? Maybe Allison (or other computer experts) knows more about this & could give some suggestions? You are welcome to cc this to the forum to discuss this if you like?

Thanks, good idea … I sure could have used flyers this week-end at the Dogs for the Deaf Dog walk fundraiser on Saturday & the 4-H club animal fun day where I gave a little seminar on the dogs & genetics. Believe me I know all about all the questions & comments that every one has from – “what’s that a coyote, wolf, fox etc “ … all depending on the color of your dog
It sure would make life easier ~

I could of used it this weekend also. We went to the coast again and down at the tide pools just about everyone that came us to us wanted to know what kind of dog Hawk was. After repeating yourself a 1/2 dozen times in 10 min. gets tiresome.

Ok, Karen maybe you and Allison could put something together. I'd be happy to help in any way.

Lisa

You guys are great. Really. Do you need help with the copy? I could put something together, and we can go from there, everyone put in their two cents. Or perhaps you already have your words in mind?

It would be fun to have just a bit of humor, and information that draws them to check out the website, yet is not just a repeat of the first lines they'll read when they get there.

I know what I'd say....

Shannon, I love your idea of a short "card" version, too. It makes sense.

A very creative group, we've got going. Kim sure knows how to pick 'em.

I was hoping you'd want to do copy! Humor, too. ;)

Something to download would be great, definately save on postage! that way, cost could be kept to a minimum and everyone could have as many or not as they wish. of course there are people withour computers or the knowledge how to do this so would need hard copies for them.

Love to give you all a hand, I'm good at proof reading if it's a help!

We'll definitely put it up for a proof read. Thanks, Liz.

What do you think about a few very short quotes from any of us, who would like to add them?

Think about it, and we talk about adding them, after the main part is finished.

We'll definitely put it up for a proof read. Thanks, Liz.

What do you think about a few very short quotes from any of us, who would like to add them?

Think about it, and we talk about adding them, after the main part is finished.

Short Alison? You know we all like to say how good and brilliant our dogs are! Keeping it down to a few short words is more than difficult!

• 6 months later...
Short Alison? You know we all like to say how good and brilliant our dogs are! Keeping it down to a few short words is more than difficult!

It's funny, I don't even have an AID yet, but I could have used a handout this weekend :P We had so many people asking us, "what brings you here" (when we were in Bend, Mt. Shasta, Selma, etc.) Each time we said we were checking out some dogs in Selma, Oregon, they asked what kind, we said American Indian Dog, then it went on to... "I've never heard of that, what are they..." and then we explain the best we can.

Would be nice to hand over a little 5X7 ;)

I have the same issue with my Vehicross... I get chased down occasionally with people asking what it is.

It's funny, I don't even have an AID yet, but I could have used a handout this weekend :P We had so many people asking us, "what brings you here" (when we were in Bend, Mt. Shasta, Selma, etc.) Each time we said we were checking out some dogs in Selma, Oregon, they asked what kind, we said American Indian Dog, then it went on to... "I've never heard of that, what are they..." and then we explain the best we can.

Would be nice to hand over a little 5X7 ;)

I have the same issue with my Vehicross... I get chased down occasionally with people asking what it is.

I've attached a Word version of the flyer to download. (I think, I hope that's how it will work.) I haven't seen in Word a way to save as a PDF.

Karen

Dogflyer.doc

This is just a thought y'all but I would totally throw in for the cost of it.

When we have climbing competitions and the vendors are out they give away sweet stickers ( striking logo and website addy on it ).

Climbers, Mtn. Bikers , 4wd peeps , motorcycle enthusiasts , Dog people etc. all love stickers...heck its the cheapest way to give your vehicle or helmet the extra pizazz it needs...I also heard it makes cars go faster...Bwahahaha

I am not an owner yet but I know I would rock the sticker on my truck anyday. Something w/ the AIDog logo and either the IIDOBA.com or Songdog.com site at the bottom

just 2cents

• Like 1

Hey, we've got some great stickers! You'll love them!

• Like 1

well hook a brotha up yo!

email me jamacee@gmail.com tell me how to buy one and I'll get you my addy

I got a yakima roof rack for christmas and a cargo basket on top w/ a fairing that has a perfect spot for an AIDog sticker

(are they the stencil kind or of the bumper sticker persuasion?)

I've attached a Word version of the flyer to download. (I think, I hope that's how it will work.) I haven't seen in Word a way to save as a PDF.

Karen

Resident computer expert to the rescue! Here is the flier in PDF format. Karen, if you are using Office 2007, you can download the add in to save as PDF from Microsoft website!

Dogflyer.pdf

• 7 years later...

Thanks for the flyer I will keep it with me...I just had a guy (a Native American) give me a bad time about calling my dog American Indian Dog. he said"-and a bunch of other we don't like to be called that and a bunch of other stuff that had nothing to do with my dog but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem?? I have to say in the end after spending a couple of minutes with my dog his heart changed a bit and we left as friends and the lady that was with him fell a little in love.... maybe this just a California problem? Great flyer !!!

• Like 3

Somewhere and I couldn't say exactly where, Kim himself said that he (an elder) and other elders prefer "American Indian". As with all people there are differences. Some like Aboriginal. Some First Nations. I've not run into it but wouldn't be surprised if I did at some point and that would be my answer. Fuss at your Elder if you don't like the name. I expect that will cure 99.999% of any issues.

• Like 3

I thought it funny that the flyer doesn't speak at all of the dog's ancestry links to the old camp dogs of the tribes.

I do like the flyer though and the picture says it all!

All the elders and Natives I know are over what name Dominant Society calls them. They laugh. Each normally identifies by his/her Nation's name: Lakota, Dine, Tsalagi, Lenai Lenapi, etc.

• Like 2
I thought it funny that the flyer doesn't speak at all of the dog's ancestry links to the old camp dogs of the tribes.

I do like the flyer though and the picture says it all!

All the elders and Natives I know are over what name Dominant Society calls them. They laugh. Each normally identifies by his/her Nation's name: Lakota, Dine, Tsalagi, Lenai Lenapi, etc.

Thanks so much for all the insights--learning so much from my dog and y'all !!

One word of wisdom I have run into is careful how you talk about your dog because it took me a minute to realize why I received strange looks. I have had two American Indian dogs and so far both do not like to swim. Seems like a trend. They like water but not swimming on average. Now this is where the discussion can get awkward without context. My wife talking to someone just said "Indians do not like to swim". After a few other run ins I just say AI dogs. LOL.

• Like 2
One word of wisdom I have run into is careful how you talk about your dog because it took me a minute to realize why I received strange looks. I have had two American Indian dogs and so far both do not like to swim. Seems like a trend. They like water but not swimming on average. Now this is where the discussion can get awkward without context. My wife talking to someone just said "Indians do not like to swim". After a few other run ins I just say AI dogs. LOL.

Oh too FUNNY!!!!! I call them "Indian Dogs' after I say AI Dogs because I keep thinking "iRobot" when I say "AI".

BTW, Tayamni loves to swim around, she will just swim out in the lake and make circles and come back in sometimes. Coffey can swim but likes to splash - he is finally using the pool at the dog park to cool off in and loves laying down in that.

So we have swimmers here!

Neither will jump off the bank into the water though. They run after other dogs and then stop short and run around to the wading in parts.

I do love that there are such distinct personalities in these dogs and at the same time you can tell that they are the same breed (even with different dominant tribe types)!