Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Little Bird X Tonto (2017 Summer Litter)

Kim La Flamme and Song Dog Kennels is happy to announce the arrival of a litter of puppies from Little Bird X Tonto. Little Bird and her pups are all doing well. Stay tuned for more information and pictures.

Little Bird Little Bird.jpg Tonto Tonto.jpg

• Like 9

I think I just died and went straight to heaven :wub:

Chepis mom with my favorite stud!

*Faints*

What a dream! Wouldn't it be wonderful for her to have a literal brother or sister packmate :wub:

Edited by Felix
  • Like 3

Ooohhhh ! I can't wait to see pics of these pups, too! Hope everyone is doing well!

Felix, thats how I fell about Shania"s x Flints puppies... Shania is my Kai's full sister (different litter) and Flint is my other dog Jesse's dad! Is 3 Indians too many for one home? I think not !! :)

• Like 2

Felix, thats how I fell about Shania"s x Flints puppies... Shania is my Kai's full sister (different litter) and Flint is my other dog Jesse's dad! Is 3 Indians too many for one home? I think not !! :)

It's literally all I have been able to think about since this was posted :wub:

Edited by Felix
  • Like 1

In my opinion, three is absolutely NOT enough. Got three and want more. :D They each have developed their own "security" job. It's pretty interesting watching them delegate within the pack. One takes watch on the wild life in the neighborhood..."Tolinka," one takes watch on the human life in the neighborhood..."Two Step," and the youngest watches after me...."Rain." She never leaves my side when I am home. Fortunately she doesn't have anxiety when I leave.

xoxo my pups

Edited by miz molly
  • Like 3

In my opinion, three is absolutely NOT enough. Got three and want more. :D They each have developed their own "security" job. It's pretty interesting watching them deligate within the pack. One takes watch on the wild life in the neighborhood, one takes watch on the human life in the neighborhood, and the youngest watches after me. Never leaves my side when I am home. Fortunately she doesn't have anxiety when I leave.

Great canines these AIdogs are.

I wouldn't mind having three myself :wub:

• Like 2

I've been thinking about training my two to pull a sulky. I'm researching to see if just the two of them would be strong enough. I think they would be but having one more to the team would be even better, I'd like to add a girl! My Jesse boy (almost 7 months old) is an active handful though so at the moment adding another puppy would freak my family out. :)

• Like 3

Yeah but if you get on this list now he will be a year or almost a year by the time you get a call ;)

*enabler*

Edited by Felix
  • Like 2

My two pull a dog sled (and really it's just one that does the pulling)! So yes, no doubt two can pull a sulky :) Do it! It's so much fun!

I've come to the conclusion that I need more dogs, though. I'm totally hooked on dog powered sports. I need a sled dog team. Of AIdogs. Then maybe my life will be complete.

• Like 4

Thanks woodrat! How old were your dogs when you started training to pull? I spoke with a lady who makes sulkys and she said one dog can pull 3x their weight. Do your dogs love pulling? I was just watching my dogs moving around yesterday and thought to myself that my puppy Jesse would be the stronger puller, he's confident and self assured. My Kai, who is the more tender and sensitive would just go along to please me I think. It's exciting to think about doing this! :)

My two pull a dog sled (and really it's just one that does the pulling)! So yes, no doubt two can pull a sulky :) Do it! It's so much fun!

I've come to the conclusion that I need more dogs, though. I'm totally hooked on dog powered sports. I need a sled dog team. Of AIdogs. Then maybe my life will be complete.

Yes and we will live vicariously through you

never enough! LOL! :D

When I get in position for one - it will make three AI Dogs!

Molly has 3, and Meadow's family has a bunch too!

• Like 1

Woodrat you GO for it!!!!!!!

I love watching your mushing videos! :wub:

We found out Coffey has arthritis :( (probably from his puppy injuries - he managed to do himself just running, not fetch or anything). His hips are sometimes sensitive so will have to get them X-rayed when we can to make sure it is self-induced injury arthritis.

Urban mush training stopped as Coffey is the real puller and Tayamni not as much.

Little Bird X Tonto puppies.

20170808_115446.jpg

20170808_115450.jpg

• Like 4

:wub: Oh my goodness I need one so bad! All these puppies it is all too exciting for me. They're so beautiful

• Like 1

The pictures of the puppy litters are for everyone's enjoyment. Who doesn't love seeing puppies?

For those who are on the waiting list, as difficult as it may be, please avoid getting your hopes set on a puppy in the pictures because of its color. These puppies are still young and the colors will continue to change. Kim will assess the personality of the puppy to match your individual requests and will let you know when the proper puppy is identified for you.

• Like 5
The pictures of the puppy litters are for everyone's enjoyment. Who doesn't love seeing puppies? For those who are on the waiting list, as difficult as it may be, please avoid getting your hopes set on a puppy in the pictures because of its color. These puppies are still young and the colors will continue to change. Kim will assess the personality of the puppy to match your individual requests and will let you know when the proper puppy is identified for you.

I do love the puppy pictures! :wub:

The best part is Kim matching puppy personalities to people's needs and requests! ;)

What will one love more - the color they want - or the dog that possesses the qualities to fit into the family unit and with all the training become the treasure we've been waiting for!

Nothing wrong with looking at the REALLY ADORABLY CUTE puppy pics :wub:

and then as a bonus being able to read posts on the growth of these pups on the forum.

I am so proud of my girls littermates - almost everyone posted updates and I love the way the different ones fit into their family lifestyles and living spaces!

• Like 2

Thanks woodrat! How old were your dogs when you started training to pull? I spoke with a lady who makes sulkys and she said one dog can pull 3x their weight. Do your dogs love pulling? I was just watching my dogs moving around yesterday and thought to myself that my puppy Jesse would be the stronger puller, he's confident and self assured. My Kai, who is the more tender and sensitive would just go along to please me I think. It's exciting to think about doing this! :)

Rune was about a year when I started training him, and T older... there's definitely an advantage to starting young to get them used to the equipment used, and to take advantage of that youthful vigor! Rune LOVES it and will pull to his hearts content. We recently found a rail trail nearby and have been doing 6-8 miles with him pulling me on the bike. Wipes him out entirely for the rest of the day, a good run like that. Tamarack is more like your Kai, very sensitive and really just goes along with it, doesn't actually do much pulling. But he's getting better about it, he used to try to lag behind but lately he's been staying up ahead more next to Rune so we just pretend like he's pulling and call it a day :lol: If you do a search for 'Urban Mushing' on this forum you'll find a thread about ours and others' adventures in the sport.

• Like 2

I've been running my pup Jesse with the bike and I'm letting him be more in front of the bike but Kai was taught to stay beside the bike and he resists going ahead. I need to let Jesse get wiped out! He has endless energy! :)