68 replies to this topic

#41 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Always amazed at the beauty of these dogs! Everyone keep those photos coming! Rick...we all clean...and clean...and clean, but actually my heart sings when I see those little paw prints on the floor because I'm blessed with such a great little companion spirit in my A.I. Dog. You just can't beat this:

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#42 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Hiking. Mnt biking. Jeeps. Search and rescue

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

Always amazed at the beauty of these dogs! Everyone keep those photos coming! Rick...we all clean...and clean...and clean, but actually my heart sings when I see those little paw prints on the floor because I'm blessed with such a great little companion spirit in my A.I. Dog. You just can't beat this:

Agreed!  They are great companions.  My boy finally made it all the way up to the ledge with me this morning.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Post.jpg

#43 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

what a GREAT photo of him!!!!!

#44 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

I love the seriousness of his expression.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#45 Jon and Gail

Jon and Gail

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, backpacking, running, hunting, kayaking.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Oh my goodness, what a big boy. He sure is beautiful. I weighed Arya last week and she was 21.6 lbs @ 19 weeks. She was 20 weeks on Saturday. I can hardly believe we have had her for 3 months already. She is such a love, very playful and energetic. We too have fought the chewing, but for the most part, sticks to her toys now. We have been consistent with the re-directing as well as the stern NO. She's a smart girl and knows what is hers and what is not.

#46 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

I think he is good looking. He is 19 weeks this week and had to weigh him. 38.8 lbs. He is going to be a big boy.

#47 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Oh my goddess He is a big boy! Chepi is almost 6months old and she is only 25lbs!

#48 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

6 months they slow down and then at 1 year they are full size from my last boy? After 2 year full weight. Chepi sounds big for a female. There is a weight chart online that says he will be 62.5 lbs full size which is big for an Indian dog. I should have known from when I picked him up and Greg grabbed his paws and told me so.

#49 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Oh my gosh, that is big!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#50 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Tayamni is 2 yrs old and 54 lbs. Coffey at 15.5 months is 35.8 lbs. He's just a little guy! Tayamni could stand to lose 2 pounds around the middle yet she is still very defined muscle in her legs! Someone at the dog park yesterday said she is getting a Jaylo behind (thick from behind and she can do the walk! - LOL!)

#51 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Tayamni could stand to lose 2 pounds around the middle...

That's me times 10.

--David Dunning

#52 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

That's me times 10.

yep, they say dogs and owners begin to look alike ....  how she got a jaylo butt I dunno though ..... 

we are getting our pulling harnesses soon and this 'winter' (haha SOUTH Florida) will be urban mushing exercise!  Working more on learning commands now before getting a scooter.  Coffey will get this exercise too!

Rickstefani,  how is Riddick doing with the hiking????  new picks and updates please!  Are you jogging with him yet?

#53 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:52 AM

I think he is good looking. He is 19 weeks this week and had to weigh him. 38.8 lbs. He is going to be a big boy.

So we just went for weigh in 20 weeks and he is 35 lbs of handsome. Glad to hear he will be slowing down soon he eats like a teenage boy-vacum cleaner style!

#54 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:11 AM

Crazy that he is now 6 months old.  moving away from saying weeks.  46 lbs as of this morning.  He is a sweet boy.  Super energetic so either he has to hike/ trailrun for an hour or go to doggy daycare and play for 4 hours to not be destructive.  Naming him after an escape artist was really a bad idea.  Chewed through our gate twice.  I fixed the issue by using heavier cedar planks and somehow he managed to get over it.  The gate is only 4 feet high so I think I might have to go 6 feet.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161028_080357 (2).jpg
  • 20161028_080415.jpg
  • 20161028_080429.jpg

#55 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

Only 6 months and 46 lbs...Chhaya is 48 lbs at 7 years....lol...he sure is a handsome boy!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#56 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

6 months and 46lbs!  Wow.  Oh, this will be fun to watch. :lol:

--David Dunning

#57 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

So the fence jumping is becoming a problem.  We though we had the solution which was to take him hiking or tire him out at a doggy daycare.  He is jumping their fence now.  Sounds like he is doing it more because he thinks it is fun than to escape.

Attached Thumbnails

• 15056283_10211087874778738_4393713666673661325_n.jpg

#58 Kodi

Kodi

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

I wish you lived closer to us. You could bring him over and toss him in the back yard with Fenris every day. Hopefully Fenris would pull him back if he tried to go over our fence :).

#59 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

I wish you lived closer to us. You could bring him over and toss him in the back yard with Fenris every day. Hopefully Fenris would pull him back if he tried to go over our fence :).

Monroe is not that far.  When things settle after the holidays we should get them together.

#60 JackG

JackG

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:horseback riding, dogs

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:29 PM

We've been trying to get Arlo with another AI Dog to play, no luck let :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users