Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Tahltan X Aidog

Just had an idea, how about the one who comes closest to the birth gets a t-shirt????

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No action yet, except for Ursula playing 'beached whale'.

trying that again.

I was talking about that, yesterday, with a friend who was kind enough to let me gush and yammer on about the pups.   And I noticed the pure instinct, too, during the mating. I wondered how much w

Posted Images

Just had an idea, how about the one who comes closest to the birth gets a t-shirt????

My guess -- labor and panting starts about 8:30 at night, pups starting at 11 and three pups safely delivered by 2 a.m.!!! Just sayin'

I think that it will be 4 pups born April 4 at 4 a.m.

I am not superstitious am I?

(miz molly @ Mar 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM)

O.K.....making a blind bet:

Miz M.....5 pups....delivery date on April 6, 2011. Time of delivery start 4:25 A.M.

Anyone want to place their bets?

If you do, copy paste previous bets to yours to keep it all together. biggrin.gif

(Starghoti @ Mar 31 2011, 03:15 AM)

Star-.....5 pups....delivery date on April 3, 2011. Time of delivery start around 2 A.M.

Allison....4 pups...delivery date April 1st, starting around 2 A.M.

(Hope it's 5, but when I close my eyes, I see 4 pups. April Fool's Day would be a great birthday.)

Andrea is hoping for six pups, born April 2 in the early morning, say, all done by 5 AM.

Clara (my almost-2-year-old) votes for 3 puppies born on "Clara's birthday" which is April 8.

I suspect Ursula would strongly oppose that proposal. She is waddling around and sitting with her hind legs externally rotated, knees sticking out to accommodate her belly. It looks really funny, but also not very comfortable.

Lisa, I love the T-shirt idea. We'll see if we can work that.

did you post pics of the fat mama ? missed them if you if not can you post one I would love to see her Linda say 4 pups around 3-4am april 1

Tomorrow is Ursula's Official Due Date (and Ursula and Sitka's 9 week anniversary, aaawww!) I have been taking her temperature daily. I have read that when it drops below 99 she will give birth within 24 hours. Today it was 99.5 which is lower than the 100-101 it has been so far.

She is so big, she needs help getting into the car. Every once in awhile she forgets she's pregnant and takes off running, only to stop after a few strides and groan. At night she moans when she rolls over and changes position. It's pretty cute, and gets her extra pats and cuddles. She is shedding like crazy, and has lost all of her tummy hair except for a nice soft peach fuzz.

Kim says from the photo of her it looks like a 4-5 pup litter. I think that would be a perfect size. Lord knows Ursula and I would have a hard time with an 18 pup litter!

My guess -- labor and panting starts about 8:30 at night, pups starting at 11 and three pups safely delivered by 2 a.m.!!! Just sayin'

Oops -- forgot the date -- April 2nd!!

Hey Allison and Linda, today's your "bet day." Any word as to any birthing action?????

Allison....4 pups...delivery date April 1st........ starting around 2 A.M.

Linda say 4 pups around 3-4am april 1

Andrea....6 pups...delivery date April 2, .........done by 5 A.M.

JudyK......3 pups...delivery date April 2.......labor starts 8:30 at night, pups starting at 11 and three pups safely delivered by 2 a.m.

Star-.....5 pups....delivery date on April 3, 2011. Time of delivery start around 2 A.M.

Lisa......I think that it will be 4 pups born April 4 at 4 a.m.

Miz M.....5 pups....delivery date on April 6, 2011. Time of delivery start 4:25 A.M.

Clara (my almost-2-year-old) votes for 3 puppies born on "Clara's birthday" which is April 8.

Any one else want to jump in on the betting and perhaps win a tee shirt?

My guts tell me it will be tonight, extending into tomorrow. (It's a fine art, reading entrails)

No word yet. No word at all.... Maybe they have their hands full.....OF PUPS! Or not.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear, but I dare say, Andrea will tell us herself. She's been great about updating us, and she's placed her bet. :D

Oh man, she has changed quite a bit! Where's that little svelte waist? Can't be easy to have quintuplets.

It will be back, soon after she starts chasing those pups.

Give her some love from us.

No action yet, except for Ursula playing 'beached whale'.

Oh the poor mama. She'll feel much better when the little buggers are squirming around on her rather than in her.

JudyK......3 pups...delivery date April 2.......labor starts 8:30 at night, pups starting at 11 and three pups safely delivered by 2 a.m. Today's your "bet day."

JudyK......3 pups...delivery date April 2.......labor starts 8:30 at night, pups starting at 11 and three pups safely delivered by 2 a.m. Today's your "bet day."

Debi....I'm putting in my "late" bet - 04/04/11, 6 pups over a 9 hour period starting at about 1:22 a.m.!

I'm still thinking that it will be the April 5th at 5 in the morning and 5 pups....

Nobody bet on today, so it will probably happen some time today....wouldn't you just know it! :wacko:

Ladies and gentleman, or at least given the posts on this thread, ladies and canines, we have lift-off....

of sorts. Her temp this evening has dropped to 97.5. Which according to my reading means that we can expect birth within the next 24 hours.

I really really really hope it happens tonight and NOT after I have to start a 24-hour shift tomorrow at 9 AM! Damn work. I want doggie grandmaternity leave!

Go Ursula! Nap well, and near, Andrea. Hope you can be with her.

Ladies and gentleman, or at least given the posts on this thread, ladies and canines, we have lift-off....

of sorts. Her temp this evening has dropped to 97.5. Which according to my reading means that we can expect birth within the next 24 hours.

I really really really hope it happens tonight and NOT after I have to start a 24-hour shift tomorrow at 9 AM! Damn work. I want doggie grandmaternity leave!

Ooooooo...I'm giddy and excited for the grandmomma's and for momma (and it looks like it may be close to my "bet" time)!

I'm excited for all of you "lurking" new puppy parents. Your time has arrived. Now comes the hard part....waiting for the pup to be old enough to take home. Ahhhh the infamous parental wait. Ooooooooooooh this is so exciting.

I'm excited for all of you "lurking" new puppy parents. Your time has arrived. Now comes the hard part....waiting for the pup to be old enough to take home. Ahhhh the infamous parental wait. Ooooooooooooh this is so exciting.

I am one of the "lurkers" and one of the new puppy parents (from this litter or the next one). I've been following the posts. This is very exciting! I can't wait! I lost my 11+ year-old Akita, Maggie, on December 1, and although I can't replace her, I am ready for a new dog companion in my family. I did a great deal of research and decided on an AI Dog. Would love to talk with other AI Dog folks from Maryland!

Welcome Paula!

Very sorry to hear about your Maggie.

You are so right, we can never replace the dog-friends we lose, but when we are ready- we can have new friends.

I believe that each of our dog-friends adds a unique richness to our hearts and lives.

Welcome to the forum- and soon, welcome to the AIDog family!

I'm sure you know the rules-- you MUST post puppy pictures! :lol::wacko::)

Paula, I will be excited to hear your thoughts on the personality differences between AIDs and Akitas. I wanted an Akita, you see, until I found the Aid. Now I'm hooked.

Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. As Star put so eloquently,

when we are ready- we can have new friends. I believe that each of our dog-friends adds a unique richness to our hearts and lives.

Welcome aboard Paula. You are in for a ride of a life time. Enjoy every moment for they will be stellar.