Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Kim - a little note on our little "angel",

We picked Koda up in Oregon at the farm and drove back to San Clemente, CA with her on Christmas Eve, 2005. Koda is now just shy of 7 months and what a dog she's turned into! Koda has proven in this short time to be a loyal companion, an encouraging running partner, somewhat of a "rescue" dog, and quite a mischief! With that look that the Indian dogs have, Koda is loved by all - humans and dogs alike, but there is no place she'd rather be than by our side. Koda can lure the best of them in with her submissive belly crawl only to playfully pounce once she has you where she wants you. She also has been a great running partner on the beach, on trails, and on any sidewalk that allows enough room - never allowing me to slow or, dare I say, stop! One time, we had Koda on a trail going down from the cliff top to the beach and it was quite rocky and steep in parts. My husband and Koda ran down like it was nothing, but having a fear of heights, I got stuck and started to whimper. Koda was already at the bottom and charging the waves when she heard this and those ears perked up and she saw me and immediately ran back up to get me. She led me down the path stopping with me and keeping one eye on me and one eye on the trail the entire way down-and she was only 3 months old at the time! Finally, and one of our favorites, while on a business trip, I received an email from my husband with a caption similar to "while you were gone..." and below is what he found (I believe this is what they call acting out!). We are very much in love with this dog and eagerly anticipate another trip to Oregon to get her and us another AI companion. Thanks Kim and Arlene-AIs are truly works of art!

Enright1.JPGEnright2.JPG

Seven months earlier:

D.Enright_4.JPG

Kim - a little note on our little "angel",

We picked Koda up in Oregon at the farm and drove back to San Clemente, CA with her on Christmas Eve, 2005. Koda is now just shy of 7 months and what a dog she's turned into! Koda has proven in this short time to be a loyal companion, an encouraging running partner, somewhat of a "rescue" dog, and quite a mischief! With that look that the Indian dogs have, Koda is loved by all - humans and dogs alike, but there is no place she'd rather be than by our side. Koda can lure the best of them in with her submissive belly crawl only to playfully pounce once she has you where she wants you. She also has been a great running partner on the beach, on trails, and on any sidewalk that allows enough room - never allowing me to slow or, dare I say, stop! One time, we had Koda on a trail going down from the cliff top to the beach and it was quite rocky and steep in parts. My husband and Koda ran down like it was nothing, but having a fear of heights, I got stuck and started to whimper. Koda was already at the bottom and charging the waves when she heard this and those ears perked up and she saw me and immediately ran back up to get me. She led me down the path stopping with me and keeping one eye on me and one eye on the trail the entire way down-and she was only 3 months old at the time! Finally, and one of our favorites, while on a business trip, I received an email from my husband with a caption similar to "while you were gone..." and below is what he found (I believe this is what they call acting out!). We are very much in love with this dog and eagerly anticipate another trip to Oregon to get her and us another AI companion. Thanks Kim and Arlene-AIs are truly works of art!

post-3-1149522350_thumb.jpgpost-3-1149522389_thumb.jpg

Seven months earlier:

post-3-1149522783_thumb.jpg

Hi Koda and Enrights!

What great stories. These pups are simply the best! Thanks for the pictures too.

KK

• 4 weeks later...

Allison:

i saw your little koda and read your post. we just got suki, who looks a lot like koda, but with a brighter mask. she is chocolate and tan. in fact it was your koda who made me ask kim for a similar looking pup. i have a question regarding size. how old is koda now? do you by any chance remember what the pup's weight was at 4 months? i ask because we are due to take an airplane trip and i have to cancel it if she weighs more than 15/20 lbs at the time. she's tiny now, but 2 mos will make a big difference. do you have any thoughts?

Allison:

Anya, I posted this update, but this is not me....This is me:

Cairn05.JPG

Allison:

i saw your little koda and read your post. we just got suki, who looks a lot like koda, but with a brighter mask. she is chocolate and tan. in fact it was your koda who made me ask kim for a similar looking pup. i have a question regarding size. how old is koda now? do you by any chance remember what the pup's weight was at 4 months? i ask because we are due to take an airplane trip and i have to cancel it if she weighs more than 15/20 lbs at the time. she's tiny now, but 2 mos will make a big difference. do you have any thoughts?

Well my Tareva is 16.1 pounds and is an April fools baby 4-1-2006 if that helps any

• 3 weeks later...
Well my Tareva is 16.1 pounds and is an April fools baby 4-1-2006 if that helps any

shannon/kevin,

your pup looks just like mine. you say she's "now" 16.1 lbs - now means at 12 weeks? suki is eleven weeks now and she is 10.2 lbs. who are your pups parents? male or female? and do you have anymore photos of tareva? i'd love to see a bigger picture of her/him. thanks!