Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Tomorrow this time, we'll have a new President. I wish him and all of us, wisdom, and good luck.

How about that Obama, eh? I feel very proud. A victory for thinking people all over the globe.

Congratulations to all of us!

There were several Indian Nations represented in the Parade. Why not? Before the black man there was the first people. If they want to ride, or sing, or dance, I only want to join them, and lift them up as our nation's First People.

I was born and raised here, drank from the water, fed off the land. I have more in common with these people than any of the ancestors of my father and mother.

I was born here, I live here, and I will die here, under the same trees, and the same sky, by the same rivers, and I am nourished from the same fields.

We are one people.

There were several Indian Nations represented in the Parade. Why not? Before the black man there was the first people. If they want to ride, or sing, or dance, I only want to join them, and lift them up as our nation's First People.

I was born and raised here, drank from the water, fed off the land. I have more in common with these people than any of the ancestors of my father and mother.

I was born here, I live here, and I will die here, under the same trees, and the same sky, by the same rivers, and I am nourished from the same fields.

We are one people.

Way to go Allison, I don't understand the issue of our people being in the parade. The Nez Perce, who now resides in Canada were in the US until being moved to Canada, they chose not to go on the Reservation, so they went to Canada. All peoples should be represented in the parade. This is a proud moment in history for us all. Maybe there will be a time a Redman is elected to our highest office, although, that may really scare some people, oh no, do we have to give them back their land? All kidding aside, God bless Obama and his family, keep him safe during his journey, give him the wisdom to bring our country to a place that it should be. For all people, red, white, black, yellow and brown.

Edited by Jan

Finally done with watching all the inauguration festivities, and the last 2 replies from Allison and Jan are a good way to end this momentous day. I look forward to a time when race or gender is not even an issue for presidential candidates, we made a big step today, and I hope Obama's theme of unity stays with us during these tough times.

Some reactions from around the globe:

Perhaps as a sign of the eagerness for a new era, a wax figure of President Bush with his packed bags was placed on the sidewalk outside Madame Tussauds wax museum in Amsterdam on Thursday.

:):lol: :lol: :lol:

More here.

wow y'all chill the heck out. I wasn't trying to get all political. Nor did I mean anything deragatory in the least. I was just wondering why they chose to do the parade. I respect and honour the 1st peoples of these lands always have always will. I just didn't know if some of y'all had an inside connection to some of the people that actually marching or if they were friends or family??? Or if some of y'all had info about some of the different tribes organizing and getting geared up to be there.....geez... :)

I posted awhile back about a documentary I saw on net flix by ken burns from PBS fame about the lewis and clark expedition trying to find a water passage from east to west. There is alot of awesome footage and stories and diary entries about the nez perce and the other tribes they came across. I still highly recommend it. The stories are told from both sides from the Natives side and from the lewis/clark side. Too bad tho these guys were true to their new friends no one else was.

I was replayin this post in my head and thought that the "chill the heck out" could be viewed lil combative. So allison I didn't mean it like that. GEEEZ being PC really wears me out.

Hey I can only pray and hope maybe Obama might overturn some of these broken treaties. Now that would be something wouldn't it.

Hey Jason, I awoke this morning, and knew I'd responded stronger than necessary. Still felt good to say, though. What a day! No worries, mate. Your chiding was great and well deserved.

OK watching the parade right now whats the deal w/ the large group of native americans on horseback in full head dress? What group was that was it a commision or particular indian rights group?

Barack "BlackEagle" Obama - Honorary Crow Tribe Member

Thought I would clear it up - this happened back in May I believe! That would be the reason the Montana Crow tribe rode in the parade...along with representation of all people ...Just an FYI!

Thanks debi for clearing that up. I just read the article. so with that being said we finally have a redman in office. Hail to the Chief Black Feather! It is a MAJOR HONOR to be brought into a Tribe. They do not take that lightly.

Thanks,

Jan

jan.jpg

Oh Wow....

see I knew it was something...b/c if I'm not mistaken I have never seen Native Americans marching in a inauguration parade...

Thank you Debi that was the answer I was looking for...

Man o' man well lets hope he is for real I think everyone is tired of empty promises. Like Jan said I know they don't just welcome any ol joe schmoe into the tribe. What an Honour.

Thanks debi for clearing that up. I just read the article. so with that being said we finally have a redman in office. Hail to the Chief Black Feather! It is a MAJOR HONOR to be brought into a Tribe. They do not take that lightly.

Thanks,

Jan

Beautiful photo, Jan! And of course you have the full ensemble, with the dog. You look a little more serious than the dog, though.

Karen

Great link, Debi. Got me all choked up, again.

I've got more news from the First People. I'll put it in the public forum.

Beautiful photo, Jan! And of course you have the full ensemble, with the dog. You look a little more serious than the dog, though.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks, in defense of my serious look, which believe me you are not the first to say that Bwahahaha, but if you look at most Indian people in pictures you don't see a smile, maybe a grin if they have been drinking a little bit of fire water. I used that pic for my Christmas cards this year, and everybody said" why didn't you smile"? My brother was the only one that got it, he actually wanted me to email him the pic so he could enlarge it. Of course, I asked him why, do you want to shoot arrows at it? Any way, thanks again for the compliment we all need those.

Jan :)

Great link, Debi. Got me all choked up, again.

I've got more news from the First People. I'll put it in the public forum.

You are all welcome! Happy to be helping, however little it may be at times! I look at our new President like this: a great representation of the melting pot that the United States has become. He is honorary Crow; African father, progressive free thinker white mother, old-fashioned and honorable Grandparents, and Indonesian sister...not to mention - he's married to a STRONG woman!

What more could we ask for to represent us in great times of need? Someone who can speak from experience...life experience!

You are all welcome! Happy to be helping, however little it may be at times! I look at our new President like this: a great representation of the melting pot that the United States has become. He is honorary Crow; African father, progressive free thinker white mother, old-fashioned and honorable Grandparents, and Indonesian sister...not to mention - he's married to a STRONG woman!

What more could we ask for to represent us in great times of need? Someone who can speak from experience...life experience!

Wow, I like the way you put that! It really explains why he can deal so calmly and effectively with so many different people.

Can I add,...he is looking for a dog. We all have that in common.

Not that I was uber happy about the last guy y'all believe you me....but I don't share y'alls optimistic view point of our new president but I will watch and see proof is in the pudding as they say.

Before I get flamed by everyone here for not being super excited for him being our next president I want to say this...

HE IS OUR PRESIDENT NOW

he is my commander and chief of this country. Whether I like him or not is not the issue. Quite frankly you'd be hard pressed to find me a politician any where on either side blue or red that I trust or wasn't just a lil bit leary of as to whether or not power and greed grasped at their hearts influencing them to make policy that would only serve the better interest of a select minority. ( I guess I'm kinda like a AIDog in that respect Bwahahaha ).

I will continue to pray that God the Father will give him wisdom to govern the many peoples of this land and that he would take great care in wielding this new position.

then I will also shoot one up for 4yrs from now for Ron Paul in 2012 Bwahahaha j/k - Maybe Obama will surprise us all and flip the script and give the people a fairtax and a lil less gov't?

Quite frankly you'd be hard pressed to find me a politician any where on either side blue or red that I trust or wasn't just a lil bit leary of . ( I guess I'm kinda like a AIDog in that respect Bwahahaha ).

HA! Don't believe everything you read! 'Wary of strangers' my ass! As soon as Danza meets a new person her ears go flat against her head, her tail wags so hard her whole butt wags along with it, and her nose is all over the new person, along with as much of the rest of herself as the person will tolerate. :lol: During our latest trip to the the vet, when the vet came in the room Danza had her usual party and the vet said "She's so happy!" Last week a plumber said "You have fun dogs!" He said it a little sadly, like his dogs (he has three) were boring and not fun.

But Allison's dog Coyo, he fits that description. Or he did with me (and Roscoe). I got to pet him at the end of our walk, when he had jumped into the truck and was all squirmy and happy. On the walk he was strictly business, looking for squirrels and birds. :ph34r:

Karen

He grew into that, too.

HA! Don't believe everything you read! 'Wary of strangers' my ass! As soon as Danza meets a new person her ears go flat against her head, her tail wags so hard her whole butt wags along with it, and her nose is all over the new person, along with as much of the rest of herself as the person will tolerate. :Bwahahaha:

Karen

I had to laugh, that is exactly Cassie's reaction to new people, and she is almost 3! She is much more wary of other dogs, but happy as can be with people!