In Memory Of Lucy

Memorial

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 760 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Quote Kim La Flamme:

Kim,

It is with so much sadness I am writing this with picture, because we have lost our Lucy. She died on the 5th of Feb. due to laryngeal paralysis.

She was such a beautiful amazing being. She was so smart, so funny, so independent. She always had such dignity. She had slowed down in her old age, but her spirit and her heart were still so strong.

We included her in everything we did. Our lives have been so enriched because of her. She got us out into nature every day. Because of her we have made wonderful friends. We have had wonderful road trips with her, visiting you and in Portland to visit our son Morgan and meeting all the stars of the show Portlandia, that another AIDog was on. We camped most of the time, she was the perfect camping companion.

When our hearts are ready to open again, we will be contacting you about getting another AI- puppy.

Thank you so much for Lucy she was perfect and a wonderful pack mate.

Jane and David Hobart - MA

Attached Thumbnails

• Lucy.jpg

#2 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Nita and i Howl for your loss :o

#3 Clay805

Clay805

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:42 AM

Lucy was such a beauty! So sorry for your loss…the wife

#4 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Sounded like a great partnership! May Lucy live on through all those memories!

#5 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3349 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

......R.I.P. Lucy.  My pack will be thinking of you as you cross over the rainbow bridge to be with all of your other kindred spirits.

Jane and David, we wish you peace.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#6 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my family. We do allot of camping, hiking and working on home improvement projects.<br /><br />Hawk is the most wonderful dog I could ever have. And I have had allot of dogs in my life.<br /><br />

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

So sorry for your loss. This has not been a great week for fur kids passings. Hope this is it.
[font=Arial][size=3][color=#FF0000]

#7 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

Beautiful.  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#8 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3349 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

Quote Kim La Flamme:

Kim I wanted to share this beautiful photo a friend took of Lucy about a month and a half before she died. We were looking for snowy owls which have been spending the winters here and saw a beautiful rainbow instead. It is so strange to have this picture so soon before she crossed over the rainbow bridge. Jane

IMG_4432.jpg

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#9 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

Wow what a spirit picture of Lucy!

#10 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2283 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

We know when we get them that our time is limited. A shooting star has come into our lives for a while. Yet we fall completely in love all the while knowing that in the end our hearts will surely be broken. It's both a wonder and wondrous. Hugs to you my friend. Yours in the mutual bond of dogs and men.

#11 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

Owrooooooooooooooooooooooo    :(

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#12 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sherab: that was perfectly stated. I echo your sentiments.

#13 Jane

Jane

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

Hi,
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I just saw this posting as I was not on the forum when Lucy died. It seems it was a sad winter for a lot of indian dog owners! We still miss our Lucy very much. She was almost 15 when she died. She was a sister of Ghost from a different litter. She was a very very special girl.
We have a new puppy named Ruby who is bringing us lots of joy. She reminds us of Lucy but is different too. A while after she came home I realized that she was conceived either the day Lucy died or soon after and that gives me some strange comfort. Jane

#14 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3349 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

Spirits......

#15 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

Understood....my Kayla died November 18th 2009....my sweet AIdog Chhaya was already waiting to be born....a few days later she was born and I know that was when I was on the internet searching...the Spirits were helping me....Feb 2010 she was in PA in my arms...one door closes and another opens....but they remain forever in our hearts and will greet us one day!  I long for the days to see my sweet pups that I had throughout my life...I will have a pack!  Shelly, Molly, Kayla, Koda.....ummm all females....next pup will have to be a male....make the pack full circle.....

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Memorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users