Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Lola Update

Since Lola was given the honer of Dog of the month, I figured I should provide some updated snow photos. I Took Lola for a hike to the top of Mt. Spokane in Eastern Washington yesterday. We were rewarded with sunlight.

Lola-007.jpg Lola-022.jpg Lola-059.jpg Lola-064.jpg Lola-071.jpg

• Like 4

Lola is very beautiful and seems to exude confidence. She appears to be so laid back. I have high hopes for my Moonfire. She resembles Lola a good bit. ;)

She's a beauty.

Again, a great photo shoot....

Lola looks so comfortable in the snow and with her pack. She must be a wonderful hiking companion for you.

Hi everyone, thanks for the coments. she is a really good hiking companion. I put the pack on her for this trip just to keep her used to it. It also keeps here from getting too crazy and running off. I didn't bring our other dog as he takes off if not on leash. And yes, Lola loves the snow. She was born in the snow don't ya know. Her mom didn't use the shelter Kim provided, but instead doug a little den. in November.

Lola is 5 years old now and in her prime. At 50 lbs, she is at the heavy end of the ideal weight spectrum, but not too fat according to our vet. Lola lives for interaction with other dogs and chasing the ball and hiking. she is very driven and protective, but also shy and sensitive. Loud voices in the house will send her under the bed every time if she's not there already. Kind of a troll that way. She doesnt respond to punishment, but instead to gentle encouragement which requires more care and finess in training. If we spent more time on it, we would have a more obediant dog, but instead we have a wonderfully loyal family member who is her own dog (and is only moderatly obediant).

• Like 2

Hey Jerry, wasn't Lola dog of the month about 4 years ago? Or am I thinking of another Lola...could it be possible that there are two Lola's? :unsure:

Jerry, doesn't Lola have a brother that looks allot like her and where is he?

Jerry it is good to hear about your life with Lola. Our little Sita is also very sensitive although not shy, Kim did call her a 'watcher.' She does not respond to punishment or treats really, she is the least food motivated dog I've ever met. What does she respond to? Sensitive positivity and respect of what she wants...when what she wants goes against what works in the world, or for our family, much delicacy and patience is required :) She's a good girl though, she walks lightly on this earth and brings smiles to each person she meets. She wants to love on everybody

Edited by Sri

Hi Sri, It sound's as though we have very similar dogs. Lucky us!!! I guess shy isn't really the word at this point. You summed Lola up pretty well except for the food part.

Lisa, Lola has a brother named Taber who lives in Portland (last I heard). His markings are very similar, but his eyes are different.

Do you remember the owners? I live about 45-50 min. from Portland. Taber, now I remember him. Beautiful dogs,of course.

we would have a more obediant dog, but instead we have a wonderfully loyal family member who is her own dog (and is only moderatly obediant).

I so completely relate to this sentence!!

• Like 3

I like the fact that my pups are total individuals, have their own points of expertise, their own reactions to life's offerings, their own personal perceptions of their surroundings, and each play a different role within our pack. I look forward to see what expertise, reactions, perceptions and role my newest pup "Rain" will take.