Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Adventures In Wakinyan Dorje

Well at least you won't have to pick up the stuffing.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waki's first big snow. There isn't a dog that's awake tonight...

Awhh...looks like he is having a blast !

I like the picture of him buried chest high with all the fresh snow ahead of him.

Posted Images

My neighbor had hens at one time...one of them would go to the river and retrieve a couple of rocks....this took a couple of trips back and forth. This silly hen would make a nest and sit on the rocks. No telling what she thought she would hatch. :lol:

Waki has a pet rock. He plays with this egg sized rock. Even Tara noticed his attachment and brought the rock into the house for him.

So, I'm walking Lili the other day through the fallow cornfield next to my shop & we're ambling along & she discovers a skull sized rock partially buried in the old cornstalks, cobs & dirt. She stopped, frozen & fixated on the rock & slowly began to creep toward it. She then started to growl followed shortly thereafter by menacing barks & animated jumping, rushing & retreating until the threatening skull shaped rock apparently convinced her that it wasn't going to threaten her any longer & that it would be okay to become friends. At that point, she lie down next to it & began to snuggle with it for about 20 seconds until she jumped to her feet & zoomed off barking wildly! What a complete goof this dog is! Sadly, I didn't have a camera on this occasion as I'm sure it would have gone viral!

Waki has a pet rock. He plays with this egg sized rock. Even Tara noticed his attachment and brought the rock into the house for him.

Just watch that it doesn't become a rock fetish- I know dogs that carry rocks around, and it sands their teeth down to the gum line. :(

I put Waki's rock in a safe place. No need to encourage too much attachment. His name can be translated as flying stone. He is eating sand too. Hope he grows out of it.

Would have loved to see his sister's rock attraction. Wonder what that big ol' rock said to her ;) In my mind this happens with purple and yellow butterflies.

Waki achieved two milestones today. First he grew taller, like his sister Lili, so now he has to duck a little to walk under Shiva and Tara. Second he taught himself to ring the bells to go pee. I like for us to make a LOT of noise in the woods so no critters are surprised into an unwanted chases. I have collars with bells for my terrible trio hanging on the door knob. Waki, who isn't exactly tall, figured out how to really ring hard to get my attention. Well done little one!

I love that bell ringing to go out to pee. Good job Waki! Smart little bugger.

For my pups, I think I will put bells on the outside of the door as well, so they ring them to come in too. ;)

WakiOnStones.jpgslopeyeball.jpg Waki playing on the slope to the river in mid March @ 13 lbs. It was so warm for so long the spring flowers are up. A few days later and we got what everyone expected - snow. We all think it's because the ice-cream shop opened. wheredidspringgo.jpg He's 13.5 this week @ 16 weeks. I keep whispering to him stay small :)

I have one dog who's ears did not go all the way up. He is very expressive with them, and I don't mind. But all these years later, I started giving them a powder supplement in their food, that has calcium, and it has made a difference even now. Kim told me calcium, but I could not figure out how to give it to him, as it tastes like chalk. So "Missing Link" for puppies, has a nice dose of calcium for growing pups, and may just do the trick. Kim likes it too.

Waki is so disarming....

We all think it's because the ice-cream shop opened.

:lol:

He has got some very looong ears from the look of it, so that could be why they're taking their time. They go through a weak-cartilage period when they start teething (trying to remember..was that at 4 months?) so that may delay them even further. T's were both up at 9 wks, but one started going off kilter during teething and then straightened out after.

That brown patch of baby fur between and around his ears is killing me. I miss baby fuzz!

For calcium and marrow and cartilage 'vitamins' Jas grew up eating raw turkey necks.

You can start youngsters on chicken necks for a week or 2, then give half a turkey neck, and adjust the other food accordingly.

Side note: I think, because he got to get his 'chew-on' every morning with breakfast, it is the reason he never chewed or destroyed anything that wasn't His to destroy. (that and vigilance on my part.. lol)

ps: I agree with Woodrat, the pup-fuzz is killing me. :wub:

Lili's brother is a very handsome boy isn't he? Well, c'mon, it runs in the family! Lili has finally started putting on weight & she's right behind Waki now at 11.6 Lbs!. Good on 'em. I love that look in his eye in that image..."What? Oh, another picture...okay. How's this?"

Yea, that sort of surprised me too....I had occasion to pick her up & thought, 'wow, what a little fireplug she's becoming!'

I'm going to try the turkey necks if I can find them.

The grocery store is usually pointless Sherab. Try an actual Butcher or meat market. Usually about $1-$1.5/lb, and you get a lot of mileage for your $ :)

Our local Mm sells frozen 30# bags for $35, then I put it in the bath tub to thaw and parcel it out, pulling them apart and cutting them up as they thaw- into gallon bags and back into the freezer. Takes a couple days, but then we are set for a couple months! lol

Here we are at 18 weeks and 16 lbs. He socialized with many small, sticky fingered, icecream covered children in Frankenmuth yesterday. We even met a pony. Here we are on Easter Sunday playing in the flowers.Happy Easter / Passover to one and all. WakiInFLowers.jpgwewerentplayinginflowers.jpgshivabodypillow.jpglamb.jpgearsup.jpgearsviolet.jpg

awwww- Waki is such a beauty. You are going to have a stunning dog on your hands in a few more months. :D

Waki is a handsome boy for sure! Update: Lili has passed the 13 Lb mark this week but she's still on parasite meds due to a fecal exam that she flunked last week. Apparently the meds (Panacur) cause her to lose her mind for about 3 hours & a by product of this is the Pee Parade...as we call it! Plus she has some loose stools too but so far she's been able to restrict those to the outside areas. She seems to lose control of her bladder for a short period of time & she 'zoomies' like a crazy dog for a while until she peters out. It's funny....to a point anyway.

Star's right....stunning dog for sure....The family resemblance is uncanny! :D

Chinatola: If the Panacur is causing Lili to go temporarily nutz, she might be one of those dogs that is sensitive to it. Some de-wormers can sometimes cross the blood/brain barrier. I would Very Seriously discuss changing de-worm meds to something else. Seriously. Some dogs have lasting complications to things like that... There are several effective worming drugs out there. Maybe switch to Ivermectin?

Star, the first dose made her goofy....but not out of the ordinary goofy...just amped up goofy....I've noticed though that she gets that way sometimes after eating....which is confirmed by some of the board comments about the onset of zoomies shortly after feeding time...Lili is very much a post feeding zoomer.....the second dose was a little less so....this morning will be the third dose....& we'll see how she reacts to it. Yesterdays dosed was followed by a good 2 hour nap.....I don't think that there's a problem but I will keep a closer eye on her now. Thanks.

It was more the loss of housetraining progress that concerned me.. Just being the concerned Auntie :)

She's a little off this morning though....set up her feeding (with a packet of Panacur) & she won't touch it.....she's been that way for the last few mornings though...eating only half of her food.....I'm going to call the vet later this morning.

The house training issue was a little off putting but she's not 100% there in that department anyway. Strange little puppy!