Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Danza: Dog Of The Month

Here is something I thought you would all enjoy.

This is a dog from the past, we call Apache. A stud dog of Kim's in the early 70's:

apache.JPG

(Incidentally, long before Wendy Schrievers, although she continues to use Kim's pictures as her own)

Here is Karen's dog Danza (The January 2009 Dog of the Month):

danza2.JPG

Kim brings back the same dogs, over and over, through the generations. Look back to September Dog of the Month, the lovely Sedona.

Sedonascaled.jpg

His dogs tell of his experience and knowledge.

I envy you owners of this outcross--one of my favorites.

oh thats why pics aren't allowed on public forum. You me folks even steal Kims pics and pass them off as their own? Lame Lame Lame. Is this the lady who is supposedly a breeder in Florida somewhere I remember running across a site when I 1st started looking.

oh thats why pics aren't allowed on public forum. You me folks even steal Kims pics and pass them off as their own? Lame Lame Lame. Is this the lady who is supposedly a breeder in Florida somewhere I remember running across a site when I 1st started looking.

I'm hoping that we'll open up a lot soon, but it's nice to be able to hide from spambots.

Hey, everyone! It seems I have to post a retraction.

Thank you to all the helpful people who have been so kind while we searched for the error. Kim has picked some excellent people for his dogs.

I will return shortly, after I have checked, and double checked all the details.

littlesue.JPG

Little Sue--Breeding Female from the 60's

Hey, everyone! It seems I have to post a retraction.

Thank you to all the helpful people who have been so kind while we searched for the error. Kim has picked some excellent people for his dogs.

I will return shortly, after I have checked, and double checked all the details.

Little Sue--Breeding Female from the 60's

Well, she looks familiar!

I don't know what you are talking about, good people, errors, etc.

karen

Well, she looks familiar!

I don't know what you are talking about, good people, errors, etc.

karen

It's really just a matter of trying to be as honest, forthright, and open about what the sources are that we use. If we post a photo of any particular dog it's really common courtesy to give credit where credit's due.

Taking, editing, and printing photos is a lot of work. It is the least we can do to acknowledge the artist and identify the subject correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

RETRACTION:

This dog, apache.JPG, is Mohawk. Nice Mask, eh?

More to come.

RETRACTION:

This exceptional picture was taken by Yvonne Schipper, in 1996. She has been kind enough to allow us to use it.

apache.JPG

This dog, Mohawk, was from the first litter born in the Netherlands, and a stud dog used by Wendy, very early in her association with Kim, and 12 years ago, now.

Wendy still uses this photo to advertise her dogs, but the more recent dogs from these last few years that we have seen from her mixes, look nothing like this. No wonder those people were so angry.

Both the sire and Dam of Mohawk, came from Kim La Flamme, at Song Dog Kennels.

Which brings me back to the original point: Kim brings these same dogs back, over and over, proving his expertise.

Here is another Sue, although this one is Sioux with a pup, from thirty years before in the 1960's:

sioux.JPG

You can see this same mask, through the years on Kim's timeline.

You can also trace other colors, the reds, and the gray sable like my dog, through the years. I have always been fond of the black dogs, and they are fun to follow through the generations.

And now, in our two recent dogs of the month, Danza and Shilah, there it is again, the same mask, the same dog, continuing the lines.

(Thank you to all of you Nederlanders, who were so gracious and helped me to

correct my error, and a special thank you to Yvonne.)

So here is a question, for you owners, who are longer standing than I am,..

Who is Apache? :D I inherited these picture files. Most names are easily verified. There are only one or two that have come into question.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!

We have found Apache. Picture, soon to follow.

You will love this! These have been scanned from old photographs, as you can tell by the quality, but there it is again, the same mask. Easy to see how these two dogs could be mistaken for each other.....30 years apart.

Apache, breeding male from the late 60's (right)

Little Dawn, breeding female on the left.

apachedawn2.jpg

You will love this! These have been scanned from old photographs, as you can tell by the quality, but there it is again, the same mask. Easy to see how these two dogs could be mistaken for each other.....30 years apart.

Apache, breeding male from the late 60's (right)

Little Dawn, breeding female on the left.

Cool! You can see that Apache was going to grow up to be a big boy. I love the solid white under his eyes! The white area is very big.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin and Karen were talking about "the wrinkles" in the foreheads of this group of pups. Here is an old photo, Kim recently had scanned. I don't know the date, but he said the "wrinkled look" is another one of those traits that he brings back.

Notice the raised paw, yet again.

wrinkles.jpg

Gavin and Karen were talking about "the wrinkles" in the foreheads of this group of pups. Here is an old photo, Kim recently had scanned. I don't know the date, but he said the "wrinkled look" is another one of those traits that he brings back.

wrinkles.jpg

Wow! that is a gorgeous dog... Like I said in the other thread, I haven't seen an AIDog that I didn't like :)

wrinkles.jpg

Those wrinkles are awesome. He is so handsome!

Those wrinkles are awesome. He is so handsome!

That's funny - I automatically think of this dog as a 'she', as she reminds me so much of Danza. It's her stance, her coat (exactly!), her build, her expression (another exact match) and of course the wrinkles.

That's funny - I automatically think of this dog as a 'she', as she reminds me so much of Danza. It's her stance, her coat (exactly!), her build, her expression (another exact match) and of course the wrinkles.

I think I default to "he" as I have mainly owned males! Out of the 11 dogs in the past 20 years, only 3 were female! She does look alot like Danza though - the ears are SO big - the main difference, I think.

Reading all these made me laugh...Most people compare Sikari to a fox...She ended up staying mostly red and is petite just like the foxes that live around here, and has the bushy tail to add to it. These are gorgeous pictures of these dogs and exactly where they have come from! I love it!

Edited by Kaily with Sikari