Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Grand Adventure In Our Trailer!

So, we had our third night in the trailer....first night, at 3 am, the heat went off!!! YIPES! But, we survived, it got fixed, and gratefully, we are staying at a good friend's property which is on over 200 acres, 20 miles away from our build site. The insane wet weather we had all summer hampered building, so there is no electric as of yet, and the snow happens early up on the mountain, so we had no choice but to stay at a place where we can plug in to electric and have communication (wifi, etc), so we can do business, and keep in touch with family and friends.

We gratefully have access to use a nice bathroom in the house (no place for grey water etc. to go )

The dogs have adapted in ONE day to their new home. I think they rather like it better, as we are all in close quarters, lol! Wyot has mastered his spot on the small couch, with his face right on the arm, where the heater blows from the floor. Kitchee is on the floor below him, until, the heater goes on-he is insanely scared of it and it's blowing of warm/hot air! When it kicks in, he runs immediately to the front door area, and presses himself against the door and the wall. NO amount of coaxing will help convince him it's ok to go by the evil floor vent! He falls asleep by the foot of my side of the bed, and he ends up somewhere else by the morning, all trying to avoid the various evil vent holes...Wyot is happily sleeping on the couch, his space in whatever place we used to go to when on vacation.

We wake up looking at chickens, hearing the rooster crow, and goats bleating! Great for the dogs, and they try to herd them from outside the fence. It's all a grand adventure for sure.....and we are still sorting through so much stuff!!!! Our driveway is almost done on our property , and the foundation should be poured in the next week, so in a few weeks, we may move the trailer up on the mountain and watch our house being built! (unless the snow is too crazy, in which case, we will stay here for a while.) This is a wonderful place for our transition, and we had a lovely dinner at the house with our hosts...

Edited by KittynDoc
  • Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, I see this is a continuation. Alright! I am on board, too. That evil floor vent! No one likes them,...until it gets really cold.

• Like 1

Week 3 in the trailer: It got to be too little space, with eager dogs underfoot. Walks and running outside are great, except while Kitchee listens, Wyot just turns a deaf ear- so back to the training collar for him- and he listens wonderfully when he's got it on (and we don't use the buzz or zap at all).

A routine is very helpful. They both sleep through the night on the little couch, not 4 feet from our bed, with not a peep. It's close to 6 am, when we hear Kitchee rolling around with his bully horn, just being cute and playful, while Wyot winds up with whining. It's up from the bed, and the circling begins, with the excitement of going out. I need to put a leash on for this first morning excursion, as it is still dark.

Then- let the roughhousing begin, and while they kept to jumping up on the couch, and back down to the floor and to the front door, that is all of barely 6 feet of narrow space, and the noise! Coffee and morning catching up on stuff becomes crazy.

We broke down and got a 10 x 10 x 6 dog run and an XL igloo. Day one today, and they've been in it practically all day while I work, then take them out for a potty break, then they go right back in. They roughhouse, they have antlers to chew on, a ball or two and tug of war toys. I have been watching them from the window, and they are taking in the sun, rest in the igloo (for now, Wyot tossed out Kitchee's blanket, and he sits at the door, inside...there's a box they like to jump onto, and of course, the infamous digging holes, which I will have to fill in later...

We, and they- are learning. It may be a long while until we get close to moving in- as we are having a hard time finding anyone to do our foundation- the weather has been atrocious!! One day at a time, though, and we'll get there!

Edited by KittynDoc
  • Like 3