• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

Hello Everyone,
Wanted you to know that after and extended painful illness that could not be controlled, she asked us to let her go on Wednesday. We are grateful to have had Ayita for 5-1/2 years. She was brave and oh so sweet her whole short life. We learned a lot from her.

After much testing and medicating, it was determined that she had a form of immune-mediated polyarthritis with enough clinical findings to put her into the class of systemic lupus erythematous (SLE). I understand from Kim that this is very very rare in AI dogs.

fullsizeoutput_2e7.jpeg

Edited by Carolyn, 20 April 2019 - 12:16 PM.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#2 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3433 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:25 AM

Oh Carolyn, I'm so very very sorry to hear about your loss of Ayita. The moon being one day after being full, my pups and I went out and sent her a howl of sadness, one of relief and one of happiness. Sadness because of the pain you all feel in her absence, relief because she is no longer in discomfort, and happiness for all the wonderful memories she has left in your hearts. Rest in peace little Aylita. You will not be forgotten.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#3 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:25 AM

Could not have said it better miz molly. We add our sympathies and howls.
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#4 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2351 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

We are so very sorry for your loss. Wish that all dogs had such responsible and caring stewards. The time we have is so precious.

#5 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1174 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:24 AM

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear this Carolyn.  Please accept our condolences for the loss of Ayita.

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#6 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

Such a short time--she looks like such a sweet girl. Sending you much love so sorry.

#7 TrueNorth

TrueNorth

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Northern Ontario getaways. Clear lakes, kayaks & a full moon. Nature lover, fire dreamer, intuitive.
    Drawn to Native culture, grew up beside Kanesetake (Oka), Quebec.
    Volunteer with dog rescue group doing work in Quebec, Ontario & Mexico.
    American Indian dogs are such a unique and rare treasure.
    We are blessed.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:37 PM

just saw this.  I am so so sorry for your loss.

Thinking of you. xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users