Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Our New Fur Baby

Just wanted to thank Kim and Greg for picking out such a wonderful little guy. He is such a love bug, couldn't of picked out a better companion.

• Like 1

Guess I should change the picture on my post to our little guy rather than Hawk. Although I feel its an honor having my beloved Hawk's picture still representing me.

Let me know when Scout's ready for visiting! Berta

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy for you Lisa. There is nothing like a new AI pup to warm and heal the heart. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new adventures with "Scout."

Hey Berta,

Its been a blast with Scout. He had his three month puppy shots Monday so we can now venture out on the sidewalk. With this virus going on we may have to put the "play date" on hold.

• 3 weeks later...

Scout and I are sending a shout out to RedHawk and Catorie Winter pup parents. We were checking to see how your journey is going. This forum is a wonderful learning tool for you as you and your pup navigate new waters of puppy hood. Scout is our second AID so I feel we have alittle more experience with this breed. They can be a handful at times, but the key is to not let them think they are in charge. They can be strong willed and test the waters whenever given the chance. Like Kim told you when you picked up your pup, don't let them think they are the Alpha. Be strong, be firm yet in a kind way. They do understand, quite well.

Scout has grown into one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. When we go out for our daily walks he is always mistaken for a German Shepard pup. I quickly give them the condensed version about his breed. He had his 14 week shots last Monday and weighs a whopping 28 lbs. Wow, can't believe how much he has grown. I think he is going to be bigger than our Hawk was. Hawk always stayed a slim 40lbs. most of his 14.5 years. When we first brought Scout home we took his pictures for registration. But decided to wait until he was a bit older and his ears were up. Still haven't had a chance to get any good poses. He is on the move all the time. Hopefully this is reminder to you as well to get your pictures and registration in so we can see what these 5 siblings look like now.

Happy Easter to all and stay safe!

• Like 1

Wow, he's about as big as Frankie already! (she's about 30 lbs.) (It's a good thing she's fast and agile!) Looking forward to meeting him. Happy Easter!

• 2 weeks later...

New update on Scout. He has completed his puppy shots and weighs in at a cool 31 lbs. Now to wait until he is 6 months to get fixed.

• Like 3

Hurray! Would he like to come play with Frankie?

• 5 weeks later...

OMG I am so sorry Berta for not replying. Life happens!

I would love to get together with you and Frankie for a play date. Lets talk soon.