Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Good Bye Old Friend

It was with a heavy heart that I had to let my beloved Hawk cross the rainbow bridge on August 2. He spent his last day doing what he loved, playing with our grandkids, getting his belly scratched. Hawked went peacefully in my arms. He was no longer in pain. We found out in April he had kidney disease. Our vet told me that when it was time for him to leave us he will let us know. These past two weeks have been extremely hard to bear. I have yet to wash his blankets or beds. His food bowl still has his dry food in it. The first night he was gone Hawk had come to both my husband and I in different ways. I feel he was saying his goodbye and that he is always watching over us.

My wish from all of you is to give your pups an extra hug tonight in honor of my boy Hawk!

Arf Arf from Lisa in Oregon

• Like 8

Oh Lisa,

My heart aches for you - it's such a hard thing. Your Hawk was such a special guy, the first AI dog I got to know when I was researching these magical creatures. He was just so elegant! I will definitely give Frankie an extra hug in his honor and in yours. Blessings, Berta

• Like 5

Many hugs. I do believe we never completely lose our connections. I put a toy away somewhere for later.

I imagine the other side of the rainbow bridge is really special. The grass is always long and warm. There are definitely rabbits and no thunderstorms, ever.

• Like 6

Thank you all for your kind words. Not sure if I will be ready for another pup in the near future. Its just to new and raw. I do have my "grand dog" Chief which is one of Hawks great nephews that lives close by.

Thanks Berta for remembering Hawk in such a special way, he was truly an amazing ambassador for this breed.

• Like 3

We are so sorry for your loss my dear. Always they will walk beside you....

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry to hear about Hawk. He was such a magnificient companion. I hope you are at the point where you can rejoice in your memories with Hawk and they bring smiles rather than tears. He would like that.

• Like 2

Thanks again for all your kind words. Each day gets a bit better than the last. I miss him so much. I feel him around me all the time. I know he has visited us at least three times since his passing. I think he wants us to know he is watching over us.

• Like 2

So sorry Lisa for your loss. I totally understand the not washing bedding etc yet. Will hug Tayamni & Coffey extra tonight for sure! Everything in its time. I too have been visited by spirits of pets crossed over. Hawk may watch over your family going forward. :)

• Like 3

So sorry for your loss Lisa...Hawk will always be with you. Look for his scent on the breeze, his voice in the rustle of leaves and his smile in the eyes of everyone.

• Like 5