Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Can I Go With You?

Was leaving to go to an out of state DR visit.

This was hard to leave .... Tayamni knows how to work it

20190130_095152.jpg

• Like 6

....awwwww!!!!Yep, Wyot gives me that look when I'm leaving, trying to close the door...and he knows what "watch the house" means too....and "I'll be back soon" (yeah, sure mom!)...Kitchee just sits like the king he thinks he is, staring at me...though now he is starting to get the hang dog look (hanging the head down, and looking so dejected, with those piercing blue eyes) and perfecting it, LOL!! Yep, double the guilt. Hahahahaha!

• Like 2

Oh yes, that worried look of........"are you coming back?" I get that one too. ha ha ha

• Like 3

Can't believe I captured that look.

I wanted a pic of her to look at on my travel.

(maybe I should leave a pic of me with her? -- would it have to be 3d????)

The first pic I got she's looking toward my car. THEN she gave this look.

I've never seen her pupils look quite like that.

AND I was on the phone on speaker the night before coming home\; the howling she did! on and on .... excited, then mournful and soul-full.

If anyone gets pics of their dogs giving this type of "look" please post them!

I would love to see :rolleyes:

PS Coffey gives a really strong "F U" look.

(especially when he has to get K-laser treatment)

That's for a different post if I ever capture that!

That is the sweetest, saddest look I have ever seen.

How could you...?

My dogs do the more expectant look, "Now? Are we going now?"

But they voice their sadness. Kooskie especially will do the most mournful howl I have ever heard. It is heart-wrenching. Fortunately, she only does it from inside the house, so my neighbors do not know how bereft I have made her.

• Like 2

This is Tayamni's normal "asking" look (below). Her pupils are bigger.

I have never received that much of a pitiful look before. She HAD to know I was going for a few days ...

AND REALLY WANTED TO GO WITH :wub:

20190206_191417.jpg

• Like 1

I call my dog a "skirt" dog because she has just her head peaking out when I wear a long skirt.

• Like 1
And there you have it...the "look." Also standing in front of or between my legs as if to prevent us leaving.

OMG...I have this in DOUBLE!!!!!LOL!!! Like..."why?" "what do you mean?" "where you go without us?" Those eyes.....

• Like 2

Between the legs! Yes, Kooskie does this, as a love thing. I try to convey that this is not as stable a stance as it might appear to her, but it is very sweet. I mean, truly, very sweet.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

It is so interesting to see that Sophie's behaviors are so similar to others. She always recognizes the first signs that we are getting ready to leave the house and stays very close during the whole process, then comes to stand between my legs when we are about ready to go. She wants to make sure that she is not left behind and is so excited when we tell her that she can go too. Then she runs out and stands by the car door. If we tell her she has to stay and guard the house her expression is just like Tayamni's. Breaks my heart every time. We always tell her not to worry, we will be back. Sometimes if she is not sure of what is happening, she leans against my legs or lies down at my feet, always touching. When we settle down to watch a movie in the evening, she likes to lie across David's legs and sleep. I can rarely sit still so she gets weary of sitting next to me!

• Like 1