Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Doggy Day Care

I recently started my pup Cassie (now 7 months) into doggy day care so she wouldn't have to spend so much time alone. It has worked out pretty well, though she is still put in with the small dogs because the big ones beat on her a bit (she wouldn't want me to say that but it's true - lol). She loves going there, though for now it's only 2 days a week, and its close to my work. They even have a webcam so I can check in on Cassie if I am in the office. And the people working there always say what a sweet happy dog she is. Another testament to Kim's good breeding practices! I don't know if anyone else has tried daycare with the AI dogs, but it seems a good thing for high energy dogs (it leaves Cassie exhausted). It is an alternative to getting dog # 2, I might do that someday but for now, I like Cassie playing with friends I don't have to feed or clean up after!

we have never tried that, i think it would be kind of pricey for a pack of dogs... thats very cool though, the webcam thing. i saw someone who had a website dedicated to his cattle dog once, he had a webcam but his dog was always sleeping on the bed. i know because i checked. anyway you should send some pics of cassie. I had a car break down in arcata once.

I beleive one of our owners runs a doggie daycare on the penninsula here, in Washington. I'll see if I can find out who and how that's going. It must be nice to come home and have your dog already exercised!

Yes, Cassie is too exhausted to even go on a walk. She goes straight to bed! But she does love playing with the other dogs, which puts my mind at ease. It's not too expensive for one dog, all the same I can only really afford 2 times a week for now. Plus that gives Cassie a chance to recover!

I'll try to post pictures when technology stops hindering me - my camera and home computer need upgrading but that sure won't be cheap.. :-(

James - Arcata's not too bad a place to break down, there are certainly worse places in Humboldt County!

[i'll try to post pictures when technology stops hindering me - my camera and home computer need upgrading but that sure won't be cheap.. :-(

OK I finally got some pictures out of my camera...here's one entitled "Look mom, I can walk on a 2 x 4 with my eyes closed!" Now I know how she hurt her back paw!

cassie_2x4.jpg

Geez, Michelle, she sure is turning into a beautiful dog.

she is pretty. who are her parents??

The story goes that she was the only pup born to Mocha II, who is owned by friends of Kim's who live in Cave Junction (down the road a bit from Kim's ranch). Her dad is Rogue's Red Ryder, who of course belongs to Kim. Because she was the only pup, Kim put her with Dreamcatcher's litter, born about the same time. I was a bit confused at first because when I picked her up, she was with Catch and her pups. But her certificate said Mocha and Red. I would love to see Mocha some day, because she really doesn't look like Red. Unfortuantely her markings make people think she is part shepherd or border collie, they don't seem to believe me when I tell them what she is....oh well, I know better!

she is pretty. who are her parents??

The story goes that she was the only pup born to Mocha II, who is owned by friends of Kim's who live in Cave Junction (down the road a bit from Kim's ranch). Her dad is Rogue's Red Ryder, who of course belongs to Kim. Because she was the only pup, Kim put her with Dreamcatcher's litter, born about the same time. I was a bit confused at first because when I picked her up, she was with Catch and her pups. But her certificate said Mocha and Red. I would love to see Mocha some day, because she really doesn't look like Red. Unfortuantely her markings make people think she is part shepherd or border collie, they don't seem to believe me when I tell them what she is....oh well, I know better!

I didn't realize that Cassie came from Mocha and Red..so did my dog Yakone...who looks like both parents but mostly like Red Ryder. Personally, I get a kick out of those people who ask what kind of dog I have and then argue with me when I tell them. Did I sound unsure? No way! So funny. Cassie is lovely.

Right! They didn't see it at the Westminster Dog Show--and they won't either!

I didn't realize that Cassie came from Mocha and Red..so did my dog Yakone...who looks like both parents but mostly like Red Ryder. Personally, I get a kick out of those people who ask what kind of dog I have and then argue with me when I tell them. Did I sound unsure? No way! So funny. Cassie is lovely.

they always ask me "is that a heeler?" god, she doesn't look anything like a heeler....

Cool..good to know Cassie has a full blooded sibbling, being the only pup of her litter. Yakone does look like Red. I'm not sure where Cassie got her looks...I've not seen any other AI dogs like that. The worst I have been asked is "what shelter did you get her at". Ugh.

After 5 years of explaining what Coyo is, I can tell who is deciding to believe me and who isn't, or rather I don't much care anymore. But there is no denying his personality and intelligence. Even the most skeptical have to notice.

I have seen a couple like Cassie, but not in a while. I think I questioned one of the Netherland dogs, that resembles Cassie (Older), and they straightened me out very quickly! :lol:

What is funny is when you tell someone what kind of dog it is they say "oh, I can see that now".

at kaya's last race there was this german photografer, made a lot of pics of kaya,chief and nashota, i explained the aid to him

now today i found his website, with the pics from our dogs on it, he has made a riddle of it for his forum, guess what kind of dog this is LOL

anyway lots of comments, nobody got it right though

basicly it came to this

chief was a sort of wolf mix

nashota a aussie mix

and kaya a dingo mix

where i live now, nobody knows an aid, when i walk with her, people keep asking questiongs and things, and really sometimes im getting tiered explaining, so i think i make some flyers, to hand out, i mean a 30 minutes walk takes me 2 hours here, if i have to explain everytime

but your all right , never ever had he dog with her personality, just hooked on it forever im afraid,so onces again hurray for the american indian dog

oh yes the pics this german made, all copyright on it , but who cares

post-9-1163627527_thumb.jpg

post-9-1163627556_thumb.jpg

post-9-1163627600_thumb.jpg

After 5 years of explaining what Coyo is, I can tell who is deciding to believe me and who isn't, or rather I don't much care anymore. But there is no denying his personality and intelligence. Even the most skeptical have to notice.

I have seen a couple like Cassie, but not in a while. I think I questioned one of the Netherland dogs, that resembles Cassie (Older), and they straightened me out very quickly! :lol:

You're right Allison , I think Cassie looks a bit like Shawn Molly's dog.

You should just ask, for that picture of Kaya--they're all great. He may let you have them if you give him credit for the photography.

What a head shot of all of them. Very nice expressions.

You're right Allison , I think Cassie looks a bit like Shawn Molly's dog.

Shawn, eh? I'll have to go back to the Wandeling photos, and take another peek.

oh yeah, i can see it now the one on the right. a dingo mix for sure..

Let's not forget the kelpie, Cassie's been mistaken for that too.... in the end I know it does not matter, I know where she came from, I picked her up myself, whoever or whatever she looks like, she is everything the AI dog is advertised to be (just not as reserved or cautious with strangers!).

I just got back from an out-of-town job, Cassie stayed at the daycare center the whole time. She was better off there - I spent 4 days in the mud and poison oak while she played all day with her friends!

I spent 4 days in the mud and poison oak while she played all day with her friends!

What do you do, that allows you to work in the mud and Poison Oak?

By the way, Coyo was pretty friendly to begin with, and even now he is a people dog-person when he is inside, when we are outside, he is all business-the business of Squirrels, and ignores people, totally. But he grew into his aloofness.

What do you do, that allows you to work in the mud and Poison Oak?

Just part of doing geology, working in a hole in the ground. A good dose of rain makes it nice and muddy. Poison oak oil is most potent in the roots, so if you dig into them, you get it worse than from the leaves. Itch, itch..

By the way, Coyo was pretty friendly to begin with, and even now he is a people dog-person when he is inside, when we are outside, he is all business-the business of Squirrels, and ignores people, totally. But he grew into his aloofness.

Yeah Cassie is still young, I've heard the real bonding happens when they are adults. Cassie likes chasing cats and birds, though cats end up setting her straight..lol. Now only if she could catch the rat in my kitchen...

Just part of doing geology, working in a hole in the ground. A good dose of rain makes it nice and muddy. Poison oak oil is most potent in the roots, so if you dig into them, you get it worse than from the leaves. Itch, itch..

do you ever take cassie with you ??

do you ever take cassie with you ??

I do hope some day to take Cassie with me, there just hasn't been a safe situation to try her out. Some jobs are dangerous even for people, requiring hard hats and constant vigilance. When she is older and better trained, I would like to bring her along. Afterall, they are working dogs...