Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

4 Dog Hike

I took all all 4 dogs for a hike on sunday. It was quite an experience. All of them on leash. They did surprisingly well. After some initial leash confusion at the start, we got into kind of a rhythm. Indian dogs on the left, non-indian dogs on the right. it was not a flat trail either up and down a pretty rocky. I didn't take any pictures, I think a camera would have been a little too much. I would definatly do it again.

I took all all 4 dogs for a hike on sunday. It was quite an experience. All of them on leash. They did surprisingly well. After some initial leash confusion at the start, we got into kind of a rhythm. Indian dogs on the left, non-indian dogs on the right. it was not a flat trail either up and down a pretty rocky. I didn't take any pictures, I think a camera would have been a little too much. I would definatly do it again.

Oh, you will get used to it soon, James...

So next time your camera won't be too much!...lol...

Wanna see pics of you walking that great pack!

Wow... 4 dogs on leash!...And they didn't walk you?...lmao...

Josanne

Okay, now all you need is a little cart on wheels!

next time i will try to get a group picture.

hey those were good pictures of kaya and the horse

thank you jim, but you know its easy making great pics of her and chief, they are so good together, pleasure to watch them play

gea

Oh, I thought you were only having problems walking her offleash together with my Chief???...lol...

Did I miss anything?...lmao...

Josanne

oh well josanne, kaya has a problem there yes, she want to listen to my recall but she also wants to stay with chief, so i just call chief then ,she will come along then, forgive her she is only 1, she dont know yet, that you better not follow the man blindly LOL

i got some pictures of todays hike. 2 hours. all the dogs are resting. i may have some more coffee.

nice pics jim, the one with all 4 on it, sky looks relaxed and happy, why is the other dog waring shoes ????

nice pics jim, the one with all 4 on it, sky looks relaxed and happy, why is the other dog waring shoes ????

oh thats littlestar, she had surgery on her 2 right paws when she was a pup. so she only has about half a paw on each one. missing pads. the ground here is so brutal that if she doesn't wear them she limps. she was trying out some new booties today. wore the other ones out. and sky is a happy girl.

oh thats littlestar, she had surgery on her 2 right paws when she was a pup. so she only has about half a paw on each one. missing pads. the ground here is so brutal that if she doesn't wear them she limps. she was trying out some new booties today. wore the other ones out. and sky is a happy girl.

sorry for LS , maybe some wooden shoes from the netherlands would do the trick then, you can walk on rocks with those things

gea

sorry for LS , maybe some wooden shoes from the netherlands would do the trick then, you can walk on rocks with those things

gea

i wouldn't want her to look like some tourist. her shoes are nicer than mine right now..

i wouldn't want her to look like some tourist. her shoes are nicer than mine right now..

lol...James...lol...

Seems Littlestar does very well with her shoes and Sky looks really relaxed on the pics. Thanks for sharing! Must be though to walk 4 dogs and taking a camera with you!

Beautiful environment too!

Josanne

lol...James...lol...

Seems Littlestar does very well with her shoes and Sky looks really relaxed on the pics. Thanks for sharing! Must be though to walk 4 dogs and taking a camera with you!

Beautiful environment too!

Josanne

sky is doing really well, shes very happy i think. she even plays with little cyrus now. i took her a while to get used to him, but he's pretty persistant.

sky is doing really well, shes very happy i think. she even plays with little cyrus now. i took her a while to get used to him, but he's pretty persistant.

Oh Cyrus sure knows how to deal with the ladies...lol... It's dogged as does it!...lmao...

Josanne

You guys got me laughing, there. You know, I always wait so long to buy new shoes, and then they feel so good, I wonder why I waited. Hope the new shoes worked well for Littlestar.

That is quite the impressive pack, you have there, James. Cyrus is the little guy? Does he know he's the little guy? He looks tough, enough.

I lived in Phoenix for a few years. The terrain there is, as you say, brutal. I often wondered why anyone stopped to build a town there--Jumping Cactus, etc. It must have been Springtime.

You guys got me laughing, there. You know, I always wait so long to buy new shoes, and then they feel so good, I wonder why I waited. Hope the new shoes worked well for Littlestar.

That is quite the impressive pack, you have there, James. Cyrus is the little guy? Does he know he's the little guy? He looks tough, enough.

I lived in Phoenix for a few years. The terrain there is, as you say, brutal. I often wondered why anyone stopped to build a town there--Jumping Cactus, etc. It must have been Springtime.

littlestar likes her booties, she always tiptoes around at first. when i first put them on her she wouldn't even move, she was mortified.

cyrus is tough, and a great hiker too. he plays hard, lily (who weighs twice as much) lets him put her on her back to wrestle. of course when lily gets bored she just swats him away with a paw. i have never seen him get tired on a hike. sky is really entertained by him now.