Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Mishe Mokwa (Mother Bear)

Greetings All,

Sorry to say I am new at this posting and posted my first post to Introducing Kajika..sorry.

I picked up Mishe from Kim on December 13 and stayed at my daughter's in Portland, OR until December 18 when Mishe and I flew home via Delta to Michigan. She was my carry on luggage and did perfect. FYI Delta has a rule of pups needing to be 10 weeks old to fly. She was a couple of days short of 10 weeks but bless the attendant for looking the other way.

Mishe is adjusting well to our lives in Michigan. She is one of the family and we are blessed to have her with us. Kim told me she was the shy one but she is confident, smart, outgoing, brave..oh so brave, and speeks her mind easily. Our other dog, Cooper, is adjusting well. He is an English Crème Golden Retirever, 4 year old male and was extremely jealous but is warming up to Mishe. The play and wrestle all the time and both love the snow. Cooper is around 110 pounds but so far no squishing incidents have occurred.

Mishe loves to chew and has the sharpest teeth ever. She is getting so good at chewing what is hers and not my feet. She is almost house broken. She whines when she needs to go out. Sometimes I'm not fast enough and she has an accident but it's not everyday. We go out a lot and she knows what "potty potty" is..I think. Her vet visit is next week.

We are working on commands. She comes when I call her name and sit and lay down. She knows "off" as we use that a lot. We work everyday on our manners. I absolutely love this puppy. I am so grateful to Kim for allowing me the awesome opportunity to be the Watcher/Momma of Mishe Mokwa.

I got a new computer today so I just need to figure it out. Hopefully I can upload some pics of her soon. I can't seem to do it via my iphone 5S...I assume it is just plan old.

Greg I'd like to thank you so much for taking the time to give me some pointers on training my girl. She is an amazing creature, that I adore. You and Kim are two special people who do so much for others. Thank you so much. I appreciate all you do.

Megwetch, Susie

• Like 3

Hi Susie,

Welcome. We are 2 hours north in Sanford Mi. It's nice that we are having this bit of thaw before the temps drop off again.

Hope to see some pictures of your bear and english creme.

Hello fellow Michigander. I am so excited. We should plan a romp around sometime in the summer. We also have a home in Frederic..near Gaylord. I'm not sure where exactly Sanford is but I bet Ms. Google knows. Once I figure out how to post pics I will. I can't seem to upload them from my phone. Thanks for posting.

• Like 4

That sounds awesome. We are 20 minutes if you turn right onto I 10 at Clare, assuming you take 127 north. We also have a plan with Chinatola and Forrest (if he's still in the state) for an indian dog get together over this Memorial Day week end 2017. Something to keep in mind.

• Like 4

...and the Midwest tribe grows!

Congrats on your new bundle of joy. One thing we learned with these dogs is what I call 'zero based thinking'. Drop all your preconceived ideas of what it means to have a dog because this one will rewrite the rules in your head.

The most important thing is trust. Never break that trust with the pup & you'll have a soulmate like you've never known. They require a lot of attention and a strong hand but stay the course and you can count on undying loyalty & love for all the rest of their days.

I was looking forward to Memorial Day but now it's even more so...

gate1.jpg

• Like 4

Oh yes please!! I'd love to attend the Memorial Day gathering if possible...life happenings don't get in the way. It sounds wonderful and we'd love to meet our fellow A.I.D. Thanks for the welcoming words. Megwetch, Susie and Mishe Mokwa

• Like 2

Oh yes please!! I'd love to attend the Memorial Day gathering if possible...life happenings don't get in the way. It sounds wonderful and we'd love to meet our fellow A.I.D. Thanks for the welcoming words. Megwetch, Susie and Mishe Mokwa

It is SOOOO worth it getting AI Dogs together!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2