Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Ruby Josephine

Hey All, Ruby just turned one. She is mostly such a good girl...She has an interesting hobby which our first AIDog did not do. She is a collector. She goes to work with David who is a contractor so she is at various remodeling jobs. Everyday after work he goes to check her stash to see what he needs to take back. He has found gloves, childrens toys, a piece of pvc pipe, scrap metal, plastic bottle, glass bottle, possum skull with the spine attached, a pencil and various mice and rabbits that she has hunted etc etc. She does that at home as well. We find on the rug she likes to play on barrettes, earrings, thumb tack, coins rocks etc. Anyone else have a collector? Will post pictures when I figure out how.... Jane

• Like 4

Happy birthday Ruby! No, Kaposia's not a collector of anything. Amazing that Ruby doesn't swallow any of that stuff. Your comment, "She's mostly such a good girl..." is similar to a phrase I use a lot with Kaposia "Ohhhhh, you're such a GOOD dog.....most the time!" Wishing your family many happy years with Ruby.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Ruby! - that is a very unique characteristic of Ruby! I wonder if it's some sort of a "nesting" instinct...

Mine is not a collector, but he does take out all (or most) of his toys from his "toy box" and leaves them on my bed...

Hi Jane,

For posting photos, go here….. http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2783

Looking forward to photos of the "collector." This pup likes treasure hunts. :D

Happy B-Day Ruby!!!!!! maybe you'll find some buried treasure!

IMG_4263.jpgWaki is a collector but I thought that was a reaction to Cake. I can't recall him collecting before Cake. Now that I think of it, he did sort of try to hide things as a pup, but he wasn't very good at it and Shiva always found what ever it was. He stashes things in his tube since about 2 years ago. Shiva's disability keeps him out of the tube. As for Cake, she's easily 4 inches taller than he is and at some point got weird about going into the tube. He's used this to his advantage ever since. Yesterday he got a hold of Shiva's giant frisbee and tried to run into the tube with it but it was both too big for his little legs and almost as large as the tube opening so he wasn't successful. We now call the frisbee "the precious" since he's obsessed with it. He also has Tara's pooh bear in his sleeping tent (Tara was his GSD mommy who passed away 2 years ago). Here he is with a normal frisbee playing keep away.

PS happy birthday! Did it seem like you had her for a year and also forever?

• Like 3

Thank you! Yes that eyeliner is special. But all the dogs are so amazing looking. I love the tube as safe storage space! I found kibble behind a couch cushion and chair when we had Lucy our 1st AID. She was definitely more of a survivalist... Sherab are you the people who had Willie? If you are he is why we got Lucy. We saw him on TV. What a looker....

• Like 1

I found kibble behind a couch cushion and chair when we had Lucy our 1st AID. She was definitely more of a survivalist...

Ah hahahaha!

Jane I suspect you are thinking of The Today Show and Judy K / Larry. They have 5 AIDs currently. We owe our dogs to JudyK and Larry.

AI Dogs were on the Today show??? What was that for? Are there still any clips from it?

5 AI Dogs - they can surely tell about pack dynamics!

Yes about 16 or 17 years ago the pet guy on the today show I think did a thing on rare dog breeds. They brought out about 5 different dogs. One was Willie an AID. Well at that time I hadn't been thinking of getting a dog. But wow a dog that looks like a coyote! We had just gotten on the Internet and somehow found Kim's website. Don't know if there was Google then.... And so it is more than the looks but that got me...

• Like 5

We did our breed interview with Larry and Judy. I guess it's been 5 years ago now. They have some stories! We're getting a few owners together in June. Would be delighted if they could join.

• Like 1