Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Mooka's Life In The Woods

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a moment

This looks like a potential "Wild Goose Chase." ......after the water subsides.

I want this life

Posted Images

well at 6am this morning mooka was sick again and had another seizure ,anyone else dog every had this

I have not gone through this but I really hope you are able to get some answers. There's is nothing like watching your babes suffer...

• Like 1

Have you had him checked for heartworms? I know a girl that had this happen to her dog (not AI) and it was heartworms

yes up here we have to every year so they can get there shots,it so weird it just started 2 weeks ago and noting has changed and we dont use and weed killer or chemicals outside because of our

animals and any other time he has gotten sick nothing like this has happened ,and unfortunately i dont have the extra 600.00 it would cost for blood work,so for now just keeping and eye on him and this one did not seem as bad as the first one,

• Like 1
yes up here we have to every year so they can get there shots,it so weird it just started 2 weeks ago and noting has changed and we dont use and weed killer or chemicals outside because of our

animals and any other time he has gotten sick nothing like this has happened ,and unfortunately i dont have the extra 600.00 it would cost for blood work,so for now just keeping and eye on him and this one did not seem as bad as the first one,

He is not on Trifexis is he?? Zuni had a very bad reaction to that drug. Its the 3 in 1 for ticks fleas and heart worm.

Good Luck-- its scary.

• Like 1
never heard of that one here we have advantage which is for all three and he has never had a problem with it b4

He had taken it 3 times before....maybe nothing to do with the drug but he was vomiting ,acting weird, aggressive, no appetite so we switched meds...we haven't had an issue like that since.Hope you figure it out

Best

k

• Like 2

facebook told me i couldn't view it. Do I need to have permission?

Oops was looking at an old post .....

Edited by Denise E.

Oh man that's scary. Praying every thing is OK!

For heartworms we use the monthly pill Sentinal Spectrum (it covers tape worms too - since the dos eat sheep poop while hearding.

I use topical flea treatments on them as needed - not monthly and also natural flea sprays in between.

Mooka is not a puppy so for something to change my first thought would be environmental or Mooka ate something from the woods since you haven't changed food or meds.

Good luck! I'm sorry to hear of a wsecond seizure AND glad it wasn't as bad!!!!

There is canine flu going around the US - I don't know if it's in Canada.

Wgat are symptoms of Lyme disease? Just throwing that out since it is tick season. I don't think Lyme disease causes seizures but don't know for sure. Could Mooka have developed an allergy?

Here is link I found about causes of seizures: https://canna-pet.com/triggers-seizures-dogs/

Edited by Denise E.

from what i have read and talking to my brothers sounds like epileptic seizures and they show up when dogs is around 5yr or older and mooka will be in dec ,dont thing it something

he ate as he never goes in the woods as my dogs not allowed to with out us and i wont let them eat anything of the ground as u never know ,and we dont use any kind of weed killer or any chemicals

so hoping and so fave has not had any more

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

so its been awhile had been keep a close eye on mooka ,and no more seizures,and he is still the goof ball we all love,we have a creek that runs threw our property and him and bella love to wrestle and head butt each other well when my grand girls and my kids we up for or thanks giving we were out by the creek and the 2 of the them start playing and mooka gave bella such up big head butt she ended up in the creek,me i freak out cause i cant swim so i scream to my hubby and son and they come running and my son drops he phone and jumps in the cold water after he cause ill i seen is she went up or so i thought she was on the bank trying to get out but i could not see her,well he finall gets her out and mooka looks at her and then at me like i didnt do anything and he start trying to play with her again like it was nothing only good thing is now i hope she will be used to the water and like it ,and that say what goes around comes around so if i know her she will get him back

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Must have been a little chilly in that water! Woo!

Glad that Mooka is feeling better, and has not had another episode. We had a bad experience with the cheaper flea meds, years ago when they first came out, a Hartz brand. Both my dog and I got poisoned, and it was pre-seizure type stuff.

Maybe he got stung by a hornet?

A mystery, I guess.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

well i am hoping winter has finally moved on had a freak bad storm last weekend:rain,sleet,20cm snow,then freezing rain

now this is a real lazy spring dog day lol

have a good one all and dont forget enjoy them they grow up way to fast,

30874845_10157211589064688_796311308_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/oocahtah/videos/10157254442974688/?l=8094853421764219794

https://www.facebook.com/oocahtah/videos/10157254453439688/?l=9197898838325929542

hope i did this right and they show up

out on our walk (well the humans walk)with mooka and bella,mooka is everywhere exploring when we go out back in the woods ,bella on the other hand stays right buy us,

wish yesterday i thought to bring my phone mooka was walking in the water and went to step up on a floating log and in went down with his weight and mooka ended up head first in the water ,such a trooper got out of the water and shook it off and when we told him he was a good boy ,holy smoke he took off like a bat out of hell running back and forth and all over the place threw the brush and every where,

• 2 weeks later...

our newest family member 8 week old male dobi,got him yesterday and has already figured out that

mooka hates his feet touched so he keeps going after them and mooka is just so gentle he just hides his feet,and omg mooka is such a worry wort mother hen,every time the puppy makes a noise mooka is up and checking on him and whining and then pacing cause we are not doing anything lol,

32962650_10157285203229688_1526893579903959040_n.jpg

32882002_10157285202999688_2443909465997574144_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so poor poor mooka god bless his heart is being torchered by vamp(vampire)lol,amp is now 10 weeks old and a holy tear loves to jump and smack mooka .bit and pull his lips ,grab his tail bit and pull trying to play tug of war with mooka,and most of the time mooka puts up with it ,he does let vamp know when he has had enough and he will gentle put his mouth on his nose and bit down,where bella(Italian mastiff) wants nothing to do with him as of yet at least unless he is sleeping lol,maybe mooka will let him sleep on him so i can get a pic

so to say the last 2 weeks have been fun here in the woods

34367418_10157328124009688_1459114640876240896_n.jpg

34393407_10157328124484688_4465999550926028800_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

so has been such a hot summer have been trying to keep my 3 inside as much as possible,as we get such bad humidity with the high temps,we did go for small walk to the creek we have and low and behold mooka decided he was going to try and walk across the trees that go from side to side ,while i was picking some raspberries and then i hear a big splash ,i look up and only see vamp and bella,and holy crap my heart drops,i go the the edge and mooka is in the water trying to get out,and me i panic cause i cant swim,but i sat on the log crab his front legs and pull him up and almost fall in myself,but since then he will not go close to it unless we are out back for a walk and my husband is with us,

vamp is now 6 months old and pretty much same height as mooka and still being the bug,but mooka puts up with him for the most part,does put him in his place when needed,

mooka did have one really bad seizure(worst than the other ones he had)this time he did jump towards my husband ,but he stayed calm and just talked to him,telling it was ok that he was ok and that he was a good boy,took about 10 min for him to come out of it and then he had to familiarize himself agian with everything,im thinking it was to do with the heat this time as it was a bad summer up here ,so after that there were not allowed out for long and no horsing around and now he is fine

38874875_245152946117078_3353071781052153856_n.jpg

20161221_162514~2.jpg

I haven't been on the board regularly for a while but I think its strange that the two stories I just read are talking about seizures. That's new. It could be tick related. I do know that tick diseases are really spreading into new territory. We are awaiting Lime in Michigan. It's apparently going strong in parts of southern Canada where it wasn't before. There was a delightful poster at our vet showing a tick in a chunk of ice that melted- and the tick just thawed and wandered off. Oh joy. Let's add that to the imperious mosquitoes..It's just a matter of time for MI. That said, here is a bit on seizure causes in dogs. http://corysstory.com/2013/03/common-seizures-dogs/

• Like 1

so some time during the night last night vamp fell down our basement stairs,which he never has gone near,i felt mooka get off the bed and heard him go down stairs like he does every night i guess to just check all is good ,well he flew up the stairs jumped on the bed and started to whine and bite me which he has never done,and then he would jump off the bed and back up and repeat,i finally got up to see what his problem was and he pretty much went from top step to the basement with out using the stairs,i went down and found vamp sitting there just shaking in the corner,it was like omg what happened are you ok ,talk about panic time,but when he seen me he did come closer but no way was he going near the stairs ,after i checked him out and found everything seemed ok i carried him up and he is like 40lb at 6 months old,he was limping a little but today running around like the crazy he is,all i can say is thank you mooka