Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2015 Summer Pups Going To Their New Homes

Quote Kim La Flamme

New pup owners from New Zealand – Simoni family – FYI; (they will be dealing with their own paper work to get their new pup back home to New Zealand )

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

20150708_202221.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

• Like 5
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We knew we were suppose to get the last pup from Azteca x Jay but I kept quiet because of weather restrictions. We didn't know until the day of if it would happen or not. I am happy to say that she

Just got home with him earlier this afternoon! He was... a handful... to say the least, but we made it! Lots of (very long) screaming and howling fits up and down the terminals at PDX, but at least o

Houston in Dallas - isn't that sacrilege?   She's very pretty. And you can say she's a coyote X Siamese cat when people ask what she is. People will probably believe it, initially.   He he he B

Posted Images

Go Black! (loose reference to Maori Rugby team and the PUPPY!) :ph34r:

• Like 1

Quote Kim La Flamme

New summer 2015 pup owners – Jeff and his family – Portland, OR

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

20150718_112622.jpg

• Like 5

Quote Kim La Flamme

New puppy owner – Mikaela's 2nd AI pup – New Hampshire

20150719_132535.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah Tayamni's brother and sister? - hope they are on the forum to see updates!

• Like 1

Jeff and his wife have two baby boys and an indian dog - That sounds like fun.

YAY Woodrat That is one striking baby. Can't wait to see her with T. (and you have the same eyes - did you notice that?)

Just got home with him earlier this afternoon! He was... a handful... to say the least, but we made it! Lots of (very long) screaming and howling fits up and down the terminals at PDX, but at least once he crashes he's out like a light for a while. I kept him awake as long as I could in the airport so he crashed for the 1st 2 hours of the flight and then shrieked when he woke up and howled every now and then for the duration of the flight. One benefit of flying the redeye home is that they hand out ear plugs to everyone anyways ;)

Other than that he's doing well! I'll update soon.

• Like 7

OMG the silence is deafening! LOL! :P

It seems there is always a lull in posting just before the "puppy round up" when the kids go to new homes!

Then there is the sleep deprived lull shortly after that. Usually growing puppies are posted about then, We fill the gaps? ^_^

The two lulls each have their own distinct feeling to me.

Has anyone else noticed this? B)

PS: Of course, its own lull around the time of The Gathering each year as people are prepping and traveling! :)

• Like 2

Hooray Woodrat! So very happy for you.....and your sleepless furry friend.

• Like 1

:wub: CONGRATS to 'DOC' and Nick!!!!!! who have just received their bundle of joy from Azteca X Jay again! :wub:

• Like 3

We knew we were suppose to get the last pup from Azteca x Jay but I kept quiet because of weather restrictions. We didn't know until the day of if it would happen or not. I am happy to say that she arrived safely and wasn't the least bit affected by her flight. She is such a different puppy than Boone. It amazes me. She came charging out of her crate to take on the world. She hasn't stopped since! Boone was afraid of everything while she afraid of nothing. She torments Boone constantly but he is enjoying it. He will take toys and show them to her. When she goes to get it, he grabs it and the fun begins. She chases him and usually gets what she wants. I'm amazed at how gentle he can be, even when she is attached to his face or neck. When he does get super excited I have to separate them because he doesn't realize he has a good 40+ lbs on her. One swat from his big paws will send her rolling. He enjoys trying to sit on her when she's too obnoxious. She has taken over his bed, food bowl, and most of his toys. But I think he likes it lol

She has a unique name. When she arrived I pulled the paperwork off the crate it had her listed as a Male. I immediately said "Houston, we have a problem". We had said we wanted a female and weren't willing to compromise on that. I felt sick knowing this puppy had gone through 14 hours in a crate and safely traveled with heat conditions too. Nick said we were keeping this pup and we'd call him Houston. As it turns out, she IS a she and the paperwork was incorrect. Anyway, the Houston part stuck!

20150723_111022.jpg

20150723_114516.jpg

20150722_192458.jpg

P7232236.JPG

P7232241.JPG

P7242254.JPG

• Like 11

Houston in Dallas - isn't that sacrilege?

She's very pretty. And you can say she's a coyote X Siamese cat when people ask what she is. People will probably believe it, initially.

He he he Boone sounds like he's got a good match that will keep him on his toes. Sleep well Boone and with one eye open...

• Like 6

I am happy to see that Houston arrived to you safely. I believe this was probably everything you were wanting in a puppy. Looking at the pictures, she looks like she is adjusting quickly and very happy. I can only imagine what a surprise it must have been when you seen the paperwork indicating you had a MALE when you were wanting and expecting a female. A piece of paper however is an easy fix. I know it is hard to believe, but Kim is human and a mistake every once in a while is bound to happen.

There are a couple of lessons here for everyone. Lesson number one: Always check the paperwork and match it with the puppy you have. Lesson number two: Don't automatically think the worst and overreact before confirming that there is a real problem. We will take a look at procedures on this end to see how to tighten some things up here to avoid that unexpected mistake.

Please send the pre-registration form back to Kim and he will get the correct paperwork out to you. Please enjoy Houston and keep us all informed in her progress.

• Like 3

Greg I can totally understand how an error can happen. As I've said before, it's beyond me how anyone could keep up with it all when I can't remember what I had for breakfast most days. The first thing I said to Nick was that we needed Kim's advice because I knew he would be able to give us good insight into a few issues that Boone has & how we could best work around them with a male puppy instead of a female. If it had been needed, I'm sure Kim would have been happy to help us with any suggestions to help things go smoothly.

• Like 1

So happy Boone has a sister. It kind of sounds like he acts with her as he did with Tayamni -

B)

Since we didn't get the mini-gathering with Bandit and Kito, I didn't get to see first hand Boone marking around other males.

(I do have a female CAT that marks - she doesn't like the permanent foster cat - a male) LOL1

I know first hand how much a bummer it is to have an animal marking all time.

Hopefully, like when Tayami was his house for the 10 days, he will not mark with Houston. Keeping a similar pattern! :D

Houston - I like that name. You have a great story to tell when people asked "How did she get her name?" :wub:

Great pictures of the two of them! New puppy tiredness probably kicking in ...... have fun!

Looking forward to a Houston topic! ^_^

So happy Boone has a sister. It kind of sounds like he acts with her as he did with Tayamni -

B)

Since we didn't get the mini-gathering with Bandit and Kito, I didn't get to see first hand Boone marking around other males.

(I do have a female CAT that marks - she doesn't like the permanent foster cat - a male) LOL1

I know first hand how much a bummer it is to have an animal marking all time.

Hopefully, like when Tayami was his house for the 10 days, he will not mark with Houston. Keeping a similar pattern! :D

Houston - I like that name. You have a great story to tell when people asked "How did she get her name?" :wub:

Great pictures of the two of them! New puppy tiredness probably kicking in ...... have fun!

Looking forward to a Houston topic! ^_^

For Boone it goes beyond the marking, but he is territorial with other males. We have worked for months to help him learn to calm himself & bring that energy to a manageable level in social situations. He's making great progress and we couldn't be happier about that. As he continues to mature we expect that to continue to improve. When he's around males at daycare & boarding, and playing with family & friends' male dogs it's very difficult, if not impossible, for him to manage that energy. We've all observed that he doesn't have that same intensity when around female dogs. He is so kind and gentle with Houston most all the time. We praise him for it & he seems so proud of himself. Watching him playing tug with her is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. He just slowly walks backwards around the room with the toy, letting her do all the tugging. If she loses her grip he stops and takes the toy back to her and offers it to her, then starts slowly walking backwards again. I'm sure they're a perfect match and will be best friends.

• Like 5

When she arrived I pulled the paperwork off the crate it had her listed as a Male. I immediately said "Houston, we have a problem". We had said we wanted a female and weren't willing to compromise on that. I felt sick knowing this puppy had gone through 14 hours in a crate and safely traveled with heat conditions too. Nick said we were keeping this pup and we'd call him Houston. As it turns out, she IS a she and the paperwork was incorrect. Anyway, the Houston part stuck!

Quote Kim La Flamme

Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:59 AM

New pup owners –

Yes, I made a mistake on the papers (I can do that now & then – LOL -) BTW, even if she had been “her male brother”, would have found you the perfect personality for you & to match your male Boone & all your requirements as well anyway. But, so glad all you will need to do is send the paper work back & not the pup … “just because it may have been a male?”

FYI & others … it could have just as easily been a male pup (with the right personality ) that could have helped Boone out of his issues, as any female … maybe even better! I will remind you & others again to be very careful of too many requirements when thinking about a new pup.

Try to just think PERSONALITY not color or sex – Just because you had a female that Boone got along with in the past (could have been any AIDog) “by the way” – does not mean “only another female” would be able to get along with Boone. I’m so glad you didn’t ship the pup back, for my mistake on the paper work, just because you thought it was a male –

Just so you know, the brother of your female (with the wrong paper work), with all your requirements, (except sex) could & would have been just as perfect fit for you & Boone – I wish people would stop thinking of AIDogs as other “modern” breeds – thanks for the pix -

• Like 2

I think it's caring that Kim took the time to give a detailed overview. I'm sure no one is faulting him for wrong paper work (said the woman who had her sunglasses on top of her head and spent 5 minutes looking for them everywhere else) as I am sure no one of us less dog experienced folks would be unable to feel what it would be like to be in drichard's shoes (I would have been her and my husband would have been Nick - saying we'll keep him). We all go off our own personal experiences and data.

I expect Kim sees something like 50 to 75 pups a year - certainly more dogs than anyone I know and unarguably more AIDs than anyone on the planet. He also proves time and again that these are not just dogs or income to him but family and spirit. Still in our western culture we tend to be very independent and must see for ourselves. It is hard to do otherwise.

I hope people will continue to openly share their private, raw, unfiltered moments on the Forum. I see myself in many such stories. Also if we hadn't heard about tears and ankle bites we wouldn't have learned about the magic of squirt bottles. For example I thought I'd made a terrible mistake getting my first AID because my male GSD Shiva tried to eat Waki for the first 30 minutes we had him. Then after the storm past, dark and terrible, and for the next 6 months Shiva was the most caring and attentive parent to Waki - and essentially had this little pup attached to him physically 24 -7.

• Like 5