Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Thank you, Lake Girl!!! Lake Superior sounds beautiful! And you said it best, "beautiful, moody, deadly...if you don't respect it.". Yes, we have at least one tragedy every summer here (not just from jetties), and 90% of the time, it is a non-local who is unfamiliar with the strength of the ocean. :-/ ... Thank you. I'm glad Nakoma and I only ended up with just scrapes,scratches. It could have been worse, for sure. But we are good! :-)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody up for a game of Whack-A-Mole?

Hi everyone! It's been an absolutely amazing first week with our little fuzz-ball! He is very easy to train and is probably the most hyper and feistiest puppy I have ever seen! When he plays fetch in

A friend of mine is learning how to use photo editing software; and he made this for me. I am going to have this printed onto a shirt! I love it! Nakoma truly is a colorful soul! And this creation

Posted Images

Glad you are both okay. I had one of those "Panic" moments with my first dog on the beach. Once you start it is so hard to stop.

• Like 1

Here's a cute (but almost 4 mins long) video of Nakoma playing with some friends at the beach.. Can you guess which one is my guy? Haha. :-). The clips were taken between Jan and Feb. :-)

• Like 4

While walking my everloving and faithful companion during lunch hour today, we met a really nice looking guy and his gorgeous dog... So what does Nakoma do while I'm petting the dog and gazing in the eyes of this handsome man? He decides to mark his territory by peeing on my leg!

• Like 2
While walking my everloving and faithful companion during lunch hour today, we met a really nice looking guy and his gorgeous dog... So what does Nakoma do while I'm petting the dog and gazing in the eyes of this handsome man? He decides to mark his territory by peeing on my leg!

Most of that sounds GREAT! 'specially if the nice looking guy is a nice person too!

My sister's AI dog, Coffey, doesn't pee on us - he's has peed on 3 different men at the dog park though :blink:

Each time on the owner of a dog that wasn't playing with him and he wanted to play - and it's said about a woman scorned!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you wrote this ... :) most embarrassing situations ....... life's funniest moments ..... LOL!

• Like 2

Lol... The guy seemed nice... but needless to say, I kind of had to leave right after Nakoma... errrr... "showered me with love" should I say? I didn't even catch the guy's name. The dog's name was Chance though. Lol. :D

I can't believe that Coffey does that to strangers who don't play! That's too funny! (And embarrassing, for sure! OMG! I don't know what I'd do!

• Like 1

Ranger Komi is one LUCKY, LUCKY dog! What a fantastic playground, and so many friends (2 & 4 legged!) Super video...really enjoyed it, and the Ranger really does stand out among the other dogs. We were at the dog park a week ago and I was honored not once but twice by a foxhound peeing on my leg! You really wonder what triggers that?

• Like 2

Thanks, Lake Girl!

Yes, we are truly lucky to have the beach as our backyard (though no dogs are allowed on it from April - October... though we still go on just before sunrise, haha). He just loves to run and play with dogs of all shapes and sizes! And as you can see in the video, the winter doesn't deter them from the water! I love seeing the doggies play! All of them have their own unique antics that crack me up! And my guy just doesn't stop running! He's like the Forest Gump of dogs! Lol!

.... wait... the foxhound "honored" you TWICE? Oh No!!! Lol! You are absolutely right; just why DO they do that? The rascals! Lol.

• Like 1

I was honored not once but twice by a foxhound peeing on my leg! You really wonder what triggers that?

Clearly your the one that everyone wants.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hey all! Nakoma is doing so awesome! He alerts me to the intruders of the night, he stays by my side to help me chase away hoards of rowdy teenagers, he keeps me company on every run, only running ahead when the coast is clear but comes back when he sees strangers in the distance (big difference from when he'd take off as recently as a couple of months ago), makes friends with every dog he meets, and has absolutely mastered the art of bed hogging! :-).

He truly is amazing with this high energy personality and his Chewbacca talk and singing. Now that he listens 95% of the time, he is just even better! I used to hate waking up early, but now I look forward to waking at 5 everyday to go running with him because his pure joy and happiness is the best way to start the day. He has a whole gang of dog friends that he gets to play with at the end of most runs, and I think that is what he looks forward to the most. And now that the water is warming up, he has more dogs to play in the waves!

Here is another video of Nakoma and his gang. I'm sure you will be able to pick him out from the rest. 😃😃 He has so much fun, always!

• Like 5

That was so cool. Thanks for sharing that video.

• Like 1

Terrific fun. It was certainly not hard to pick Ranger Komi out of that bunch. It looks like a very nice life. Hope you have a mud room.

• Like 1

Thank you Greg and Thank you Allison. No mud room, but we do have a garden hose and a towel that are used in our morning routine.

We are truly blessed to start each and every day with the rising sun on the beach. And on some days, we are rewarded with nature at its finest when we are greeted by seals on the sand or dolphins and whales in the ocean. Nakoma has some life! ... and he makes life so much more fun!

I can't believe he has only been with us for a year (in May)... and at the same time, I can't believe it's been a year already! Nakoma truly is an amazing and one of a kind dog! Although I love to see him play with his many dog friends, I long for the day when we will finally make it to a gathering of the American Indian Dogs; I can't wait to see how he will interact with them. From the stories I've read on this page, I know it will be interesting and purely awesome to watch!

Here are some more pics. Most of them are fairly recent (except, of course, of the one of him as a baby... ) :wub:

1st Day On The Beach - Under 8 Weeks Old - My Babies.JPG

Gorgeous Boy.jpg

Handsome Eyes.JPG

His Smiles.JPG

Leap.JPG

Look At My Babies Now.JPG

Sequence.jpg

Silhouette.JPG

Sun Rising.JPG

The Beggar.JPG

The King.JPG

• Like 7

Goofball is a nickname we use often, affectionately of course.

• Like 3

Sitka's full nickname is, Mr. S. Goofballius.

• Like 3

I call Waki "Ya Goof" a lot. I think I heard C and Julie say Goofus to someone a few times. Think that's taken in the registry?

• Like 1

Too funny! ... ummm... But wait... hang on a second... i think I've been called "goofus" before. Hmmmm... :unsure:

... I guess Kim really has this personality matching thing down pretty good. :lol: These dogs are definitely worthy of the name "Goofus."

To be honest, I think any one who is a dog person needs a good sense of humor. ;)

Its nice to see the silly faces matching.

• Like 2

Think that's taken in the registry?

Hahahaha!

Nacoma is an exstreamly beautiful red dog. His shows that he truly loves the beach. I like the series of pictures where he retrieves his red chew toy in the surf.

• Like 2