Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Meet Moonfire's Embers

Here is my official post for Moonfires' Embers

She is from Chaco and Nozie...8 weeks and loving Texas. haha

moon 4.JPG Saying, Howdy ya'll

She is now changing her left eye color to amberish...she will be a 2 eye color pup. With her distinctive stripe and muzzle, she is becoming quite a unique pup.

• Like 8

Howdy Moonfire's Embers. I love the big smile on his face. :)

• Like 2

Am trying to post more pics, but keeps saying too large file...hmmmmmm hang on for more news from her

.moon and herbert3.JPG Meet my new brother, Herbert, but I call him lunch B)

Only able to add one

pic at a time.

• Like 1

Here is my official post for Moonfires' Embers She is from Chaco and Nozie...8 weeks and loving Texas. haha [img=http://www.iidoba.org/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=9515]moon 4.JPG[/url] Saying, Howdy ya'll She is now changing her left eye color to amberish...she will be a 2 eye color pup. With her distinctive stripe and muzzle, she is becoming quite a unique pup.

Ahhh, I am very well aquainted with that look in the first pic! LOL! It just happened a couple weeks older with Tayamni. :ph34r:

Second pic, brother Herbert - looks a lot like Roger, Tayamni's brother who is a Dachshund/terrier mix (as far as we can tell).

Moonfire's Embers has very nice coloring and yes, I think will be exceptional looking! Already is!!!!!!! :D

Edited by Denise E.
  • Like 1

It's nice to meet you Moonfire. Welcome aboard from Tolinka, Two Step, The little fearless one and me. :D

• Like 2

Have tried to resize and now see if makes a diff...

moon and herbert2.png Just hanging around

moon6.png I am taking a break from chasing Bertie

Thanks Greg , think I got it now. :)

• Like 1

Glad to be of assistance. I do have a special attachment to the three puppies that Nozie had. I am happy you are posting pictures and stories so I can watch them grow up. Keep them coming please.

Greg

• Like 2

It may take a couple of days for Herbert to adjust. It did for Roger. Roger is not an alpha so when Tayamni decided she wanted to sleep behind him at first, he gave in with a few groans. It will happen for you in time, too!

• Like 1

What are you going to call her? Her name is beautiful but long to call when you want her to follow.

What are you going to call her? Her name is beautiful but long to call when you want her to follow.

My husband calls her moon doggie..or moonbeam... lol Old Vietnam Vet that he is.

I call her moonfire. My vet was like, "what kind of name is that?" lol

Her ears have 'popped' today.

• Like 2

Her ears have 'popped' today.

I love that!

Just watching Dennis try to give Moonfire a bitof loving...note the ears are at full pop

umm mmm good.png

all clothes are chewable.png and of course, all clothes are chewable

dennis fingers are good2.png fingers are the best

ouch.png had about enuf of loving for the moment.

• Like 1

Oh ohhhhhhhh, looks like puppy needs something to teeth on. A frozen wash cloth works great and doesn't hurt the fingers.

• Like 1

Frozen wash cloth, ice cubes, bully stick, soup bone - filled with treats keeps 'em occupied for a while!

Moonfire is soo cute! I like that there are so many looks from these litters! :P

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Tex!

Any Holiday pics for us?

How is Moonfire doing?

Happy New Year to all. :lol:

Well, my beloved and I are not late night people...so we are all sound asleep, snuggled in our down comforter and flannel everything, when...the fireworks start at midnight...in 1/2 second I have a terrified Moonfire and Bertie both on my head. Then, she is racing around the bed, crying and pees on it when they get really going...ahhhhh, so much for not thinking about what happens around here. Meanwhile, my beloved is doing the manly holler, to "control the situation". NOT! lol I had just gotten confident enough to remove the pee pads. lol

Soooo, after about 40 minutes of the fireworks going off, I am holding one in each arm, thinking I will never get any sleep.. with Moonfire struggling to get away from whatever it is=husband p o'd =finally, it started to calm down. Now I am changing linens and etc. at 1am. Our first experience with fireworks and now I know what to expect in July.. :o

Hope your holiday was memorable in a different way.

We are finally getting past most of the nipping, etc. Christmas tree has been attacked only 3 times. We love to eat everything.

Here is a recent pic, but I don't have a great pic ability. Perhaps with time.

Here are her 3 mo pics.

KIMG0083.JPG I have just spotted Bert, now I must get him!

KIMG0128.JPG Why can't I have him?

Edited by Tex
  • Like 2

Oh, sorry to hear of your midnight exploits! :wacko:

Glad to hear from you! Happy 2015! :D

It might have been Moonfire's age (in the fearful weeks?) and Bertie's anxiety about it. What a time you had.

For July 4th you might want to have some natural calming aids to give at least Bertie. Roger was given a good dose before bedtime. Our household was quiet by 10 PM new year's eve; we watch the sunrise.

South Florida has firework's too and it woke Tayamni up which in turn woke me up so I took here outside for potty and we watched the fireworks through the trees (she's 16 weeks now-tomorrow). I figured we'd be better off outside: a) I wanted her to get accustomed to the sound before July 4, and B) Roger has anxiety about rain, thunder, and fireworks - so I didn't want her feeding from that energy even though he is in Kelli's bedroom - we are across the hall from each other.

There are firework displays on utube and other noises - you can play your computer with elevated volume levels overtime to help desensitize Moonfire. You have 6 - 7 months before the next big night!

Good luck! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Moonfire has just been spayed this week and she is doing phenomenally well. No soreness noticed, leaves it alone and plays like normal. She is still picking on Bertie, but not leaving quite so many teeth marks. argh :unsure:

Her coat has changed again. Will send pics soon.

• Like 3

That is good news. Always worry about the ladies.

Some of this week's pics for moonfire.

KIMG0189.JPG Her usual position is on my feet or thereabouts

KIMG0196.JPG Her coat is darker and turning curly-ish, wiry?

KIMG0128.JPG This was her first coat coloring...so, what is next? lol