Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sita Flower

Here's a picture of our pack. A little big blurry, but still worthy. I call it "Still Life with Hamburger". Tanka loves to fall asleep with his mouth on his toys. This is the first time I saw Sita get in on the stillness, she was just resting with her paw there. It reminds me somehow of American Gothic. Sashi ran up the stairs and got in on the action just as I was about to take the picture...a miracle she didn't disturb the mood of the other two.

still life with hamburger.jpg

Okay I'm going to try and post a couple of videos. Wish me luck. The first one is of Sita making the sweetest warbling song as she and Tanka are playing with a coveted cow's ear. One ear, two dogs, much plaintive singing. You can't see much, this one is for the ears...and it's pretty rare for her to do this, so I'm happy I got this one recorded even without much light!

This second one is at the local dog park, just a simple fetch, but if you watch until the end you get a good look at Sita's beautiful eyes and arm wrap paw skills:

• Like 3
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone this is Sita. I'm in love with her   She is a blackberry pup from Tonka and Chaco...I kinda had the feeling one of them might be for us.   It all happened very fast. Kim called us o

Hi everyone. Sita Flower here It's been a long time since I wrote, I know. I was busy hanging out with my adopted pack at Greg's house in Oregon while my dad was hiking around the Himalayas and st

So it's been a little while...I've never woofed with you all directly, but I see that my cousins have been doing that, and it sounded like fun. Here's me under the table. Dad was happy to get this one

Posted Images

Much better. It is good to see how Sita has grown. She is a beautiful girl, as I knew she would be. Good job Sri.

• Like 2

That got Sitka's attention. Very nice.

The retrieving vid made me think, "It's a bird, it's a plane...." it's a small dot that turns out to be one of our dogs!

The wrap around hands....

• Like 2
and for your moment of Zen (from a month or so ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ8zuWhXl6g

:wub: love this one!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay! You tube connection is finally sorted...here is the promised update. I have had so many thoughts to share with y'all, lets see if I can remember most of them. First, some pictures: Here's the one I sent to Kim for Sita's registration. Love that you can see her little patches of white sita portrait mom's room.jpg Here she is at the dog park, doing what she often does which is to plop down like a herder and approach other dogs from this stance. This time Chaco meets her the same way and it looks like a showdown Sita showdown.jpg Some have asked to see a picture with her ruff popped...she actually pops it quite often (whenever she just wants to appear tough...which is often, apparently :) ) and this one was minor, but you get a little flavor sita hump.jpg She is the cutest with her snout tucked into her paws, a common look for her: sita peek a paw.jpg And even cuter when she is snuggling (who get's to sleep on the bed with daddy? Who does? Sita does!!!) sita covers peek a paw.jpg Did I mention her crazy dinosaur teeth? It's hilarious how she bares them all when she plays, then bites so gently with them sita velociraptor.jpg Where to begin? Sita is such an awesome companion, wow, I can hardly believe my good fortune to be joined at the hip and heart with her. Everywhere I go, people not only trip out on her unicorn beauty but also her personality; a few have only half jokingly asked if I would trade her for their dogs. No freaking way, of course. She learns things so fast. Some have suggested that I am too rowdy/lenient/permissive with her. I don't believe so; we have a relationship born of trust, and she knows when I mean business. AND she knows when I don't, and she is hilarious with that. For example, every time I go to put my shoes and socks on, Sita knows it's time to play play play and absolutely ATTACK my feet...bite at my socks, untie my shoelaces, throw herself with vigor into disrupting my business, growling and flashing her teeth but never biting too hard or tearing any of my clothes...and I meekly protest, all the while laughing like a kid who's dad won't stop tickling him. It's so fun. And she definitely knows when my boundaries are real. I love her sense of humor, this was the clearest example I could think to give of it. One thing some might advise not to do, but I do, is to let her bite on my hands gently...she knows how hard is too hard. Another example of trust and learning: I was playing tug of war with her chew toy, and brought it up close to my face, right next to her mouth, growling and tugging. I've done this many times, yesterday she in a moment of instinct just kind of nipped at my lip (as she would another dog), it was a little too much and it startled me, she caught my energy instantly and gave me a series of quick face kisses (rare for her) to let me know she understood and that we were super cool. No problem. I finally coined a term to describe her in-the-world personality: relentlessly submissive. All dogs she runs up to, she crouches down, ears back, tail tucked, even sometimes goes onto her back: the very picture of I am submissive, let's be friends. If dog's are smaller and not really into her, she will even flop down on top of them in this stance (really, LOVE ME! I'm so NICE!). So cute. AND Sita has a tipping point, she really tries to be nice to all, but bully dogs will SOON get a face full of teeth and flying were-coyote 'I've had enough!'-ness. Which usually sorts things out and then they are romping and playing as equals. She doesn't wanna, but when she needs to she does. I love her punky toughness It serves her, as she is small. Just 26 pounds here at 6.5 months. I think Spirit knew that I needed a lap dog :) She is both long and lithe, and incredibly compact when she curls up. Just big and tough enough to hang with many of the big dogs, and little enough to be so nice to all puppies and small dogs she meets. Based on her weight now, any AI dog people have a guess as to where she will level out? I'm thinking 30 pounds or so? She is such a joy to watch move. Many people think she moves like a fox when she leaps and pounces (very arcing and graceful lopes). I think she runs like an antelope. Her tail is bushing out, white hair waving like a flag in the wind. She jumps like a bean. I probably should train her more commands and tricks, but I love just hanging out with her and seeing what is interesting to her. A thought: this AI dog is rather shameless, as in, if I repremand her, she doesn't really feel bad, but it IS unpleasant and she will consider what I say. No cringing shame for this one, which I can appreciate. Trust is growing...even getting her back on the leash when it is time to leave somewhere she loves, like the beach or dog park, is getting easier. I stay positive (yelling does not work! just the opposite) and firm, and eventually she 'let's' me get a hold of her and put her on the leash. We are working it out. Mutual respect. She loves sticking her head out of the windows and even over the windshield of my convertible...she would never jump out of a rapidly moving car, right? right?!! I always see dogs in the backs of pickups, and I think somehow that most smart one's know...but it does seem a little risky... She is just very affectionate, very aware, and very cool. Her eyes communicate a knowingness, intelligence, and affection that slays me daily. Here are some videos:

Sorry for the squished together run on paragraph; not how I wrote it. Anybody know how to make that NOT happen?!

If I'm using INTERNET EXPLORER - I have to use "more reply options"

- OR - I can use Google Chrome browser and it works much better for me.

In Internet Explorer, if you preview what you initially wrote, your post in the preview screen will look as you originally wrote it. If you post it from the preview screen, you will lose your formatting. After previewing, you would need to go back to the edit screen and redo the paragraphs. It can be a hassle for larger posts. I now use Google Chrome and I don't have that problem any more.

• Like 1

LOVE the beach video!!!!!

I can't believe Sita is smaller than Tayamni. She looks bigger!

T does the same submissive thing at the dog park - except for the were coyote stand up for herself. I wish!

She does a fetal curl and I know I have to be there and call her out of it. I won't physically pull a dog away unless they are over her or teeth near throat.

I don't want to baby her and I was to keep her safe.

Other dog owners have been much better getting their dogs away so she can get up.

It's funny - if she is in the park before the other dog, she doesn't fetal curl, but she submits to everyone there prior to her before running and playing with them.

I totally get what you are saying about Sita and other dogs at the park! ;)

• Like 1

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that Sita is growing up into the beautiful dog I knew she would. Thanks for the videos.

• Like 2

And I will love seeing her too.

• Like 1

Great update as usual Sri!

For the car you might get her a harness with a clip that clips into the seat belt. It's not just the jumping out after a squirrel but if you should have to break hard and suddenly. http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Adjustable-Vehicle-Seatbelt-Harness/dp/B00B2STMKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428700726&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+seatbelt+clip

I like dinosaur teeth. Scott calls it "aliens"because of the sifi movie and the fact that Waki and Cake make the teeth at each other while bobbing heads and hissing.

On the hand biting thing - It's probably fine just consider that she might do it to someone not you and that could cause a freak out. You want to protect her from the Elvira Gulches of the world.

• Like 1

Excellent update Sri. I see lots of similarities between Kona and Sita (and all the rest for that matter). Loved the video near the water...where was that?

As far as formatting goes I've been using Chrome for a long time and don't have too many formatting problems and when I have a long post to make I actually use MS Word to compose, edit & get the syntax right (for example symbols such as ®, ©, Ω, €...tough to do within the reply editor but easy in Word) after which I paste it into the browser window. Then, as Greg mentioned, I check the preview to get the spacing & other visuals, like pictures inserted at the correct spots.

Relentlessly Submissive - Love It!

• Like 2

Absolutely lovely. It is clear you are best pals.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the tips. Regarding formatting, I have been checking it out in preview but it still compresses...but I do always use Safari, next time I will try Chrome (or writing it in a word processing program first). China, that is Trinidad beach in Humboldt County CA. The beaches around here are absolutely stunning, as is the rest of the nature (big mountains, giant trees, lagoons, rivers...we live in a very beautiful place!) Here is a walk just a little ways from that beach sita trinidad head.jpg Nice, huh? Regarding a car harness, I know I probably should. I put myself in a seatbelt, of course, and that absolutely saved me in a crash many years ago...and Allison, you got it, she is my best pal! And lol on "Aliens"...that is perfect! Hissing and teething indeed.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Everyone. I've been off of the forum a while; busy life stuff.

Sita continues to be just the most magnetic, kind, playful, intelligent, wonderful creature. I don't know what life was like before she arrived, but I'm sure glad she is here now. She wins hearts wherever she goes, throwing herself down at the feet of all dogs she meets, in a way that looks so submissive but in reality Sita is in full charge of whatever is happening...she is a little boss! She seems to say, look, we can do this the hard way, or the easy way...why not be friendly because I am awesome!!!

She finds her way into each heart, human and canine...an irresistable force. I've heard many times already, "Oh my dog is usually grumpy but he likes yours!". She is pretty fearless, even when she gets rolled or pinned, she bounces up scrappy as heck, determined to not be put down.

We recently went on all day canoe and kayak trips down some of the local rivers...I'm not gonna say that it was Sita's favorite thing (being wet and cold and in a boat where she couldn't move around much) but she was a gamer. Today I went to a favorite river spot with my sister Janis and her boyfriend Dan, and caught this video of Sita jumping into Dan's inner tube as he floats down the river...he was trying to call his own dog in, but it was Sita who (as she often does) stole the show...

Can you tell how happy and blessed I feel to be a part of the AI dog family? Wow, what a creature

• Like 2

at 7.5 months, she has weighed in at about 26 pounds for the last month solid...I think she is the smallest AI dog I've heard of yet...pocket sized wonder coyote that she is...

She is a little thing but she looks to be having a great time in the video!

Pocket sized wonder Coyote indeed!

That was wonderful!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone. Sita Flower here :) It's been a long time since I wrote, I know. I was busy hanging out with my adopted pack at Greg's house in Oregon while my dad was hiking around the Himalayas and stuff, and since he got home we've been pretty busy.

But I'm pretty photogenic and I wanted to share some of the good stuff we've been doing. I'm a pretty happy girl, I especially am a little bit loony for catching frisbees. Here I am in between catches IMG_0905.JPG We like to do that at Moonstone Beach...dad thought this one turned out extra good. I do look like a little golden goddess here don't I? Look at me run across the water! IMG_0906.JPG Of course I do fancy a nice portrait sometimes. Do you think my nose looks big in this one? IMG_1020.JPG One thing I've learned about myself is that I just adore children, babies especially! IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1051.JPG Here's one where I'm looking very regal I think. You can see here that I'm not 'just a dog' but an actual 'dog-person'. Dontchathink?! IMG_1067.JPG Sometimes I look very wild and dingo/jackal/fox/coyote like. Dad like's to call me the 'blue eyed devil' for fun! IMG_1101.JPG Of course I do like to relax by the fire in the winter time. who doesn't?! IMG_1130.JPG Sometimes when we're in a big crowd I like to sit in papa's lap like this. Only SOMETIMES though...he really likes it, but I'm still pretty independent! IMG_1231.JPG Of course dad likes to take pictures of me when I'm napping. I'm not so sure about that but it makes him happy so why not. IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1386.JPG In the mornings I feel pretty frisky, and like to come bug dad to play tug 'o war with me. He's not always in the mood but he can't really resist. Could you?! IMG_1446.JPG This one was at the river...we were both in a pretty good mood. I like it a lot down there IMG_1422.JPG And finally, I had such a great time at the Indian Dog gathering, and dad barely took any pictures but he did get this one of me and my new great friend Wily holding hands...I have a big crush on him even though I liked to boss him around IMG_1477.JPG.

Okay I'll see you later!

IMG_1446.JPG

Edited by Sri
  • Like 7