Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Quote from Kim LaFlamme -

That name will probably work out … I will look it up once you have her, if I were you I would wait until she is with you to pick a name. Got some pix today & here’s the booking info., Arlene was on the phone almost all day on hold with Delta. The only flights available, means I have to get up at 2:00 in the morning … FUN! Please let me know when she arrives & how she is & as soon as possible send me a picture of your family holding your new pup – thanks – she is on the far right of each pic. Very sensitive & sweet, she will take awhile to adjust to all the changes – go slow at first -

On Fri, 25th Pup leaves Medford at 6:20 on Delta Fl # 4674 – goes to SLC UT – leaves at II:15 – (gets into ORD on Delta FL # 2142 at 3:15 PM – Fri 25 – you pick up at Delta Cargo – COD $234.56) – let me know that you received this -

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

As you can see there's a minor confusion about the date so we're not sure at this moment whether it'll be tomorrow or Saturday! Needless to say we were expecting her about the second week in November so we're scrambling a little bit right now! In an exceedingly good way that is....

Here's another email that we received about a half hour later‹

I may have made a mistake on date --- I believe Fri., is the 24th not 25th or it will be Saturday 25th (will call in the morning to be sure) …

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

• Like 2
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah- Takes a couple days, but the Sr dog usually will take to and protect the baby-dog.   *proof*

So hey! It's me...Kekona!     Just a note to catch up with everybody. How cool it is that all my cousins and sisters & brothers and stuff are going all over the country? Dad told me all ab

Breakthrough!   Over the last few days Kona has been going down at about 930 or so. She starts fading about about 8 and we spend the next 45 minutes trying to keep her awake. Then it's out for a p

Posted Images

One day and a wake up for you China.... :lol: We'll all be thinking of you over the next 48 hours. Have fun.

• Like 3

Thanks Mol...we are buzzing like crazy over here!

Days and dates run together for me too ...

What a great surprise! :D (early!)

Your family has raised one AI Pup already so, piece of cake/can of corn, right!

• Like 1

..... so, piece of cake/can of corn, right!

I like that.

Coooool. "Very sensitive & sweet, she will take awhile to adjust to all the changes" - that sounds like Cake's personality. That will be a good fit I'd bet with Lily since she sounds personality wise a lot like her brother. If that's the case, Kekona may tower over Lili but big sis will be the boss and the care taker of little sis.

• Like 1

that's what we're gunning for Sher...we're a little worried about the difference in size potential but that's mainly because Ida was a bruiser compared to Elsy and Ida didn't have a very strong 'friendly' gene going on so she dominated Sanja (as we call Elsy...it's a long one: Elsanjalamarialouisaconchita).

We've had several incidents with Squint being downright ferocious with dogs that had 'invaded' her space. Most recently it was Waco the Black Mouth Cur in Moab. He was smitten from the moment they met...and sometimes his smittenism cause friction. Lili put him in his place on several occasions and he learned to stay within his limits in the ten days they were together. I trust we'll experience something similar with Kekona and Lili.

• Like 1

Waki did a lot of growling in the beginning but he never "laid a finger on her". Even now if we are walking and he sees a cat or a chipmunk, he runs in front of her and makes what we call Totem Pole mouth. He shows her his teeth (mine, mine) and he looks just like some North West Totem Pole animal. She never gets discouraged. She's kind of thick skinned that way. Can't wait to hear how it all unfolds for you.

• Like 3

So, here's an amazing fact!

She slept five solid hours! Couldn't believe it!

Through the miracle of modern science I was able to retrieve the puppy from the Delta Cargo center at magical and mystical O'Hare International Airport, bastion of efficiency and organization as well as efficiency and no small measure of mayhem thrown in for good measure....oh, & did I mention efficiency?

The day started off innocently enough. The flight was booked but the connecting flight had a data entry error and stated arrival today at 330 PM central time...not yesterday. That caught my eye.

eyes.jpg

Called customer service and we got it sorted by having a supervisor ensure she made yesterdays flight, which was done, and she arrived right on time at the afore-said-mentioned transportation hub of ill repute.

She's home!

face.jpg

face2.jpg

face3.jpg

fuzzy.jpg

fuzzy2.jpg

hand.jpg

Hi.jpg

Hi2.jpg

Kekona.jpg

Kekona1.jpg

• Like 5

So golden. Sparkly. What color are those eyes? Very dark hazel?

I know that look and that tail position. ME the boss. Add some teef and it would be totem pole teef.

• Like 3

I'm trying to figure it out myself. It changes depending on viewing angle but yes, a deep olive/brown/grey hazel ... I think. Suggestions welcome!

face5.jpg

face4.jpg

This dog is a freakin' wizard. She's already mimicking some of Lili's play behaviors and the look on Lili's face is amazing...almost like, "...did you see that?" She's got the recall command down (mostly...kinda...okay not down but well along anyway). Starting to learn to sit. Responds well to the sharp Tssk when doing something undesirable....she's picking it up easily as fast as Lili did....

pals.jpg

She's acknowledged the feeding stations (difference between her & Lili's) and has been shown the door by Squint when she's ventured to closely to the wrong set of bowls.

Very respectful little pup....but she does push those limits

casual.jpg

casual1.jpg

I've accidentally kicked her twice and knocked her in the lower jaw accidentally too. She's glued to me like an industrial epoxy! I can't take two steps in the yard without her getting underfoot and actually tripping me up. She hasn't yet learned to leave space for Alpha to walk but she'll get tired of getting stepped on.

Lili has gone through the gamut of emotions, from excited to nervous to worried to thrilled to angry to moody to playful to melancholy .... it's been a wild 22 hours!!!

Dance.jpg

superzoomie.jpg

hardright.jpg

run more.jpg

run slow.jpg

run.jpg

• Like 4

(I've accidentally kicked her twice and knocked her in the lower jaw accidentally too. She's glued to me like an industrial epoxy! I can't take two steps in the yard without her getting underfoot and actually tripping me up. She hasn't yet learned to leave space for Alpha to walk but she'll get tired of getting stepped on.)

This sounds exactly like Nita

• Like 2

Congratulations...Let the puppy games begin.

• Like 3

ya gotta love the little ink spot on her tail.......and those eyes they'll be a change'n ;)

• Like 1

THANKS for taking the time to upload all those pics and writing! :D

She's Adorable!

Glad you got things straightened out with the connecting flight. Whew!

Loved seeing the photos of both dogs AND of Lil' running and cutting!!!!!! :wub:

She'll be a great big sister.

I swear those are all the same emotions I went through when Mom came home with my younger sister, too! ^_^

Sea glass green? I gave Waki daily 1:1 time and it wasn't long before he'd cry in the car or just stop walking and look at me because he missed his girl.

We did the puppy shuffle for a few weeks until Cake was big enough to either get out of the way or take the accidental hit.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

She is lovely--such a delicate, devilish creature!

She is quite the cutie. How can you stand it? I want to give her everything.

Love the pic of the two of them running, also. The pup looks stunned at Lilli's quickness.

• Like 1

And remember- she is likely underfoot because she misses her MOM. EVERYTHING has Changed in her world. She is insecure and unsure and looking for reassurance that things will be ok, and Obviously you are the source of such things- as evidenced by Lili's behavior. So until she becomes comfortable, she will likely be a shadow/rug. :)

• Like 3

Well, the shadow rug has arrived! She's still underfoot often enough to warrant extra attention but she's realized that this is a pretty cool place, that I'll do as an alpha and there's this really cool, very smart dog here that really likes her!

She's beginning to let her hair down, although night number two was a challenge...and a half...with some screeching and yelping thrown in for good measure. We did what we did with Lili; bringing the crate into the bedroom. Bad move with this one....she lost her mind even though she knew we were in the room with her. Six hours! Non-Stop! Finally dragged the crate out into the living room and she screamed her head off some more. After that and in the daylight she deemed the crate worthy of her presence and now feels very comfortable with it. Not a peep last night when we lay down to play in the crate (works to acclimate them I guess...first night didn't seem to work...last night was good....even after the 3 AM wake up/potty break!....highly recommended strategy new pup parents...lie down at the entrance of the crate and keep redirecting the pup back into the crate with toys, treats and tricks until the pup gets too tired to complain....she zonked out only long enough to watch me close the door on the crate at which point she sighed and rolled over for the night).

Lili is getting used to her

I love the fact that Lili loses her at the end of this video...stealth puppy!

She's a big fan of fall

And...she likes to stare

Oh...Lili's knee is holding out okay...a couple of pops since she's arrived but generally she's holding steady. Most importantly Lili has learned to stop, drop & reset (a reference to the silly things us boomers used to have to do during fire drills in school..at least in Illinois..."If on fire, stop, drop & roll". "wait a minute? If on fire??? I could catch fire here at this place?")

Lili.jpg

She now takes a moment to either sit or lie down to reset the knee on her own. It's really pretty cool actually...this dog continues to amaze me.

Edited by Chinatola
  • Like 3

Yes stop, drop, and roll big in Connecticut - especially in a family of volunteer firefighter's - LOL!

I always wondered how on Earth - hiding under a desk would protect me from a nuclear bomb !?????!!!!!

there was good stuff, too .... like school house rock, ..... oh off topic .......

Anyway, once I get puppy, that'll be my focus of conversation!!!!! :wub:

I can't wait to start sharing .... :P

Thank you for the advice on the crating. I will have the crate at the bottom of my bed.

My motto has always been (with m sister's dog anyway) I tired dog is a happy dog ..... but he's not an AI Dog so I really can't compare! B)

• Like 1

Shhhhh....don't tell anyone, but I slept on the floor next to Ayita's cage the first two nights and gently spoke to her until she calmed. She still sleeps in her cage at night, but has no use for it otherwise, although it's always there for her.

• Like 1