Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

The Cats Of Aid Dogs

IMAG0023.jpgthe orange is nahaa which means what;s his name in ojbwee

then meesha is a savannah cat got her name as she has a m on her head between her eyes

blackfoot my best cat just because he is black

taily on the tree with mooka who needs to be the centre of attention got her name as when she was a kiiten

she would chase her tail for hours

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

Oh gee, that last picture is hysterical! If you ever take one of higher quality, I will use it as Dog of the month.

Maybe I should brace up my cat tree! I never thought about (in the future) "Nicole's" puppy might try to follow her up the tree!

That is a funny picture!

A "fe-nine" on the cat tree. :lol: Leave it to an AIdog to figure that one out. Love the last shot.

mommom, cute kitty!

thank you, Denise!

oocahtah, I agree with the other posts, I just love that big black cat on the far right! :lol:

My mother in law did this portrait of my Tigger. He was about 17 at the time. He's since passed. Tiggerat17.jpgKitty 009.jpg He was a favorite of our first GSD.

Edited by Sherab

O.K., here's Mellow, the cat that Two Step sometimes drags around. I really need to get a photo of that one.

Mellow CRW_2442.jpg :wub:

mellow CRW_2448.jpg :wub:

• Like 3

well mommom u know i had to go look at the pic and then relized it was mooka and not that cat lol

and i love all the pics of cat

who know on a dog site we could show off our other babies

It is the "SQUIRREL ROOM". I hadn't seen any other squirrels yet though - LOL! Figured this was the best place to be 'off topic' and show off the AI Dogs companions ... the other (non-AI) dogs make it in posts, so I hope it was OK for cats to get equal time too! :lol:

Love the portrait of Tigger, a formal sitting???? such royalty! :) great picture too!

miz molly, Yes, Mellow looks like a Flamepoint Siamese. I would guess the first cross, like my Dash.

Does he have the "redhead" gene also? That's the feisty part, at least that's what my vet call it - LOL!

I just did some more look ups and some blogs/sites are saying that a red Siamese (M) to a red or cinnamon Siamese (F) will produce red/flamepoint Siamese. I found out the outcrossing info when I first started fostering Dash so it could be explained to potential adopters. Darn cat acted up every time someone sparked an interest. So here he is, anyway that's they find me!

I've had multiple Siamese cats and Dash is NOT 100% Siamese. I'm a bit allergic to him and I'm NOT to full Siamese. Since I am allergic to Domestic American cats, I will stick with the first generation has an outcross and then bred back in. Maybe that's why Mr. Dash has the body shape he does (like a pear) - LOL! None of my other Siamese had that shape/conformation.

I've got to get a video of Dash running - it's hilarious! (Gee, no wonder he has an attitude - nah, it was there before he started making me laugh!) :D

A few of Harley, resident feline hellion.

He is a Tuxedo type with the crazy personality to match, but the pics don't capture his coloring. He is not a Black and white cat, he is a Black-Tabby with white. You can see his spots/stripes when he is in bright sunlight. Weird, huh?

BagCat.jpg Stealth cat

GoSitOverThere.jpg

HarTinRoof.jpg

Cat in the bag....very funny.

Did I mention he was raised with 5-7 ferret play buddies? He still '

' and 'Hisses' like a Fret. So he is a good match and can easily handle himself with my two kids. Their play style is pretty funny. And yet he has a soft side, and will try to dry their heads when they come inside from the rain. Though I do believe they hold still for it more out of fear and intimidation than appreciation.. lol

Did I mention he was raised with 5-7 ferret play buddies? He still '

' and 'Hisses' like a Fret. So he is a good match and can easily handle himself with my two kids. Their play style is pretty funny. And yet he has a soft side, and will try to dry their heads when they come inside from the rain. Though I do believe they hold still for it more out of fear and intimidation than appreciation.. lol

........and chicks, and rabbits, and spiders and other bugs. :lol:

Denise, I have no idea about the breeding of cats. But I can tell you that the red head gene passed him by. He is the farthest thing from feisty. This morning he mis jumped and landed in a huge puddle, like a small pond. He got totally soaked. I wonder if he sees very well with those blue eyes? Anyway, when he realized what happened, he literally walked on water to get out. :lol:

Glad Mellow is a well rounded kitty, and talented too! That walking on water is a tough trick! LOL! :blink:

Dash had a good personality but I was looking for his owner at first, I thought he escaped someone's house ... and FL law states that for 30 days you can't alter some one else's property. That meant I couldn't neuter him for 30 days, he came into his own and man the testosterone hit him! He had full shields really quick. By the time I could neuter him, the vets told me there was a chance his old personality would come back but also it may not.

He did calm down but still stalked my spayed girls like prey, complete with tackle, roll, and bite and hold the back of the neck and sides of neck where ever his mouth would land. (Water bottle, water bottle ...) He is much better now and all three play for the most part - I really hope when I finish weaning him off the Prozac treatment that his personality is reset. The Prozac was a last option - he developed other issues too - so this measure was necessary. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_huh.png" alt=":huh:">:lol:

Starghoti, I would love to be able to see his markings!

The middle picture looks like they are synchronizes / best buds!

Cats just love bags & boxes! Since my Mom takes care of my animals 3 weeks out of the year, and he cats will be "uncles" to my puppy match, I guess I can put a picture I love up here of her cats (Bengals):

Brye &amp; Snow.jpg

oocahtah, ooops sorry for spelling Meesah's name wrong earlier. Thanks for your patience!