Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2014 New Year Pups.....kona X Roudy

I know there are a lot of factors with the shipping of pups. I'm the Chicago area and had the worst winter I can remember. I know I will get a wonderful pup so I can be patient.

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arctic fox, love it.   We have Cake with all this hair. She'd qualify, and Yukon Waki with, ehem; more of a winter harp seal look. But he wears it well. My little ones are having a night away - Cake

I hope everyone at Kim's place is safe and warm (especially those pups!) with the big storms passing through Oregon. When we picked up little Waka in early January 2013, Kim's property received an obs

C, I bet you don't need the tread mill when #2 gets there. Pup 2 will provide the exercise. Just put a big cardboard box in the rec room and maybe a play tunnel from Amazon.

Posted Images

Bodhi...Wisconsin....extra precautions for shipping due to weather, both Summer and Winter. I will be glad to check with Kim, however, and make sure that you have not "fallen through the cracks".

Yes, I'm sure everyone would have loved to have their pup already, but as I explain during interviews ... it doesn't work that way, as we can't make those predictions. This is not the type breed that you can put your order in for a certain time ... or just come pick-up a pup on your schedule ... also explained in your interview & on our web sites.

You happen to be close to the top, but there are lots of people that have passed also. Plus the people on the east coast we haven't been able to ship too, because of weather. We can't ship pups in the extreme temps, and I know you wouldn't want us to.

Don't know about "next month" but it should be some time before summer at this point. At this time, that's my best guess. I do appreciate your patience, and how difficult it is to wait, but that's how we do it with this breed.

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

We support Kim in all his efforts, and all the new owners as well, but for news on the waiting list, you will need to contact Kim.

Lot's of things happen with the order of the list. First of all, pups are not pumped out to order, so you have to let nature take it's course. Secondly, people ahead of you may pass, as there may not be a male or female of the personality or color they want, or life gets in the way, and people may have to postpone. So the waiting list is fluid. Your name may come up sooner than it is expected, or listed. For all these reasons and more, we have found it better to let Kim handle these questions.
You can contact him here:
  • Like 1

Expl, I'm in the Chicago area too...worst season I can remember...

RE: Epic Winter - I was looking for something more polar for the pups in case the Russians are right and we are headed into a new Maunder Minimum and now I need to go to Finland. These product videos are just well you need to see for yourself. Suggest with coffee. Click on the video below and just sit back. (runs several minutes).

http://www.hurtta.com/EN/Products/Warm%20clothing/Microfleece%20jumpsuit/

PS Waki's blue winter coat is a Hurtta and it's very warm plus it's held up well to the Cake attack.

Edited by Sherab

Isn't that nice? Crrazy

We are in northern Michigan and today it is 40 but supposed to go to below zero tonight. We have over 14 FEET of snow still on the ground. I can appreciate all of the potential owners getting anxious but it is way better to be safe than sorry. To have a waiting list would cause absolute havoc!!! We have had eight of this critters with a ninth later in the year, depending on pups born, waiting list and other factors. Trust me. We have been friends with Kim and Arlene for over 20 years and he really knows what he's doing. There are so many factors to being on a 'list'. Just remember, all good things come to those who wait. With our first one almost 20 years ago we were on the list for over a year. Yes, we want things to fall into 'our' timelines but with breeding it doesn't work that wait! Your day will come with enough notice to take care of all your personal business in order for you to make that much awaited pickup!!!

Thank you for posting your experience Judy.

Even living in Florida now, I know it would be terrible shipping to anywhere on the East Coast. Flights have been cancelled and delayed and connecting flights too. People stuck in airports. It has been on the news all winter.

I do miss snow - snowmobiling, riding my horse in the snow, ice skating. I don't miss cold, and the pain in the butt defrosting, scraping, shoveling, wrapping pipes, heating under cub boards .... cold rooms ( I grew up in a house built in 1790's and it still had no insulation). Haha I looked like the Michelin Man and still couldn't be warm enough. Farm work still had to be done, also no matter what the weather. Grateful for barn full of cows and manure heating!

Wow, you've been around these dogs for 20 years! That's a lot of experience! I hope you have some topics. I like seeing different perspectives.

Denise

Speaking of Coffee and stories, we were having the morning joe when miss Cake let out this Charooooo. It was an attention getting combination of a purrrr and and a complaint. Waki who speaks fluent Charoooo went to her and started playing. The girl was telling the boy, hey - I want some attention!

So it's kind of not spring here but it feels like it should be - days are longer and all that and I am getting puppy fever as well as green grass, tulip and baby animal fever. I hope there are new pups soon.

I too hear a morning charoooo from Ayita if I dilly dally over my coffee and it cuts into her walk time. I am a sucker for a pretty face and sometimes break out the "to go" cup...Waki sounds like a wise boy...

We went to visit Kim today. He put Ayita in with two puppies (I don't know anything about them except they are too cute). Watching her do the alpha/tough love thing was awesome. Pictures? Oops...no...

:P Oh c'mon ..... I jones for pictures! LOL!