Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2014 New Year Pups.....kona X Roudy

maybe not on the West Coast

The way the weather has been its so cold they couldn't fly anyways! This cold weather can go away anytime.

maybe not on the west coast :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arctic fox, love it.   We have Cake with all this hair. She'd qualify, and Yukon Waki with, ehem; more of a winter harp seal look. But he wears it well. My little ones are having a night away - Cake

I hope everyone at Kim's place is safe and warm (especially those pups!) with the big storms passing through Oregon. When we picked up little Waka in early January 2013, Kim's property received an obs

C, I bet you don't need the tread mill when #2 gets there. Pup 2 will provide the exercise. Just put a big cardboard box in the rec room and maybe a play tunnel from Amazon.

Posted Images

We cleared the 2 am potty break in early January, but that first one of the morning has been breath sucking and we aren't as cold as you are. On a positive note I walked a mile in 5 F this week end and didn't need a face mask. Was sweating at the end. I don't know about the below zero stuff but it seems the body hardens off to the low single digits such that 8 starts to feel "warm". Cake has grown a lot of fur. Shiva is heralding spring with gobs of shed from his undercoat so there is hope. By the time your little one arrives you will be out with stars and the sweet sound of spring peepers. Cake has been a reasonable and efficient pottier. I shutter to think about how it would have been if she'd been potty challenged.

It has been ridiculous this season....Lili is not the least bit pleased. She's missing her regular walks and instead has taken it upon herself to get her exercise through extended zoomy session in our rec (wrecked) room downstairs. It's hilarious. She'll start running back and forth with her latest little yellow victim in her mouth (tennis ball) growling the whole time and shaking her head back and forth to emphasize her seriousness about this situation. Goof. Sometimes it's ten minutes, other times it's 20. Depends on how zoomy she is.

I made the mistake of trying to force the treadmill on her when Ida was still around (Ida used the treadmill somewhat regularly when the weather was bad so I thought I'd get Lili to do the same...didn't introduce it correctly and tried to force the issue....big mistake). Now she's terrified of the treadmill and won't go near it. I'm hoping when little bundle #2 arrives that she'll lighten up about the treadmill (provided I use a different tactic with #2 which is the intention) and give it a go. We'll see.

C, I bet you don't need the tread mill when #2 gets there. Pup 2 will provide the exercise. Just put a big cardboard box in the rec room and maybe a play tunnel from Amazon.

• Like 2

I was thinking just that Sherab, I'm sure #2 will keep #1 running like crazy!

yes they are awesome dogs just yesterday he brought this shy little puppies playfulness right out!!! His owner said he never really played when he was around other dogs but by the end he was running all around

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

I met a pup yesterday,.... Man oh man, got me wishing.

Good Allison, rub it in...we're dying over here and you're out meeting pups!??! LOL

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, we're trying to wait patiently. waiting, waiting, waiting, when will we see the pics of more new pups and get the call?...............

• 3 weeks later...

There might not be a straight up answer to that - I'm just thinking.: Here's how it goes in my imagination :ph34r:

Puppies are matched to applicants wants and needs from what I understand. This kind of makes me think of Kim as SANTA!

He's got to check his list of applicants, maybe see that applicants can be grouped into personality type/lifestyle wishes,

.... he's making a list, checking it twice ...

I'm sure he knows what breeding matches generally produce certain types / energies of pups.

When the pups are born, after a few weeks to a month or so, their individual personalities and energy level can be understood and there are a people who match with the pups. # of pups in a litter can differ so maybe not all in group he is breeding for get a pup that round.

Maybe a pup is born that matches someone on the waiting list not as long as others, or maybe because of applicant requests it takes a little longer for that just right puppy to be born.,,,

I'm waiting too, and I put a lot of notes about my life but didn't limit the puppy to color or sex. I don't know where that lands me in waiting.

I could be totally wrong but it helps me wait, believing that in it's time, Kim will say: "Oh, that one, that's for that girl ...:" he'll just know.

Anyway, that's my two cents about it!

Denise

Understood. But knowing if you're near the top or way down at the bottom sure helps planning! :) If you know that there are X pups available. That puts X folks in the hot seat. Folks that are (2 * X) now know that they should be ready for a pup in the very near future. In our case, preparing to buy our airline tickets to Oregon, reserve a rental car, and book hotel rooms since we want to drive back and bond with the new family member.

ok I'm going to put my $.02. I got a call from Kim a few weeks ago. he said that it was too cold to ship to the east coast and that he had 5 pups to go to homes on the west coast. I was #6and supposed to get a call in 2 days. I didn't get the call but i was so excited i went out and bought a few toys,food, a leash and collar. "Good things come to those who have to wait." -_-

• Like 1

tschuh, I do empathize with you ^_^ even though I am on the East Coast so a pup will be shipped out to me. I still may have some driving with the pup (could be up to 2 days) which would be a nice bonding experience.

My situation is VERY different then scheduling a flight to go and pick the puppy up.

I don't know what your work situation is but that to me would be the hardest. It sounds like Rik got a pre call so I imagine others do too. It might give you enough time to get a decent price on flights, rooms and car. That is my wish for you, that all falls into place when its your time! :D

I really would like to get out to Song Dog Kennels sometime. I'm glad you can do that!

Rik, Sounds like you are close! That's great!!!! The items you picked up - you are that much closer and less to do when you do get THE call!

Me, I haven't even received a call and I have a wire crate (puppy size), indoor pen, outdoor pen, and leashes. Granted my Mom is letting me use her outdoor pen and another crate a little bigger so I can size up when / if needed.

I think I did a nesting thing! :wub: LOL! I didn't feel like I'd be on the list for the New Year's pups but I couldn't help making the first purchases. For me it helps to be prepared (yes I was a girl scout at one time ... also a farmer so 'hurry up and wait' is not new to me. Actually - that covers a few areas of my life).

I already have a Vet (me cats, roommate/sister - a dog all go to the same place now). Toys, & food/water bowl I'll get when I know pup is on it's way and I'm going to wait on the collar & food until last minute. I've found where I think we going to puppy classes ... I'm reading Cesar's puppy book (How to raise the perfect Dog), it's OK. I'm reading a lot of past posts on this site and that is giving me more insight than anything.

So I'm keeping busy, doing my regular daily life things, heck I've still got to file my taxes!

Once they post the next round of breeding - we'll all be salivating again! Way before the pups are even born! :)

I hate to tell you guys,but....

Ive been on the waiting list since early July.

I was told in July that I would have a pup no later then September. I explained to Kim that we really want to get the pup in before the snow and promptly sent in my money.

In September I called Kim and was told that I missed the cut but was guarenteed a pup by November in the next upcoming litter. I explained that the pup was a Christmas gift for my kids and very important to us. I was told no problem, itll be there.

In November I emailed Kim and was told that all of those pups were placed and I was guarenteed a pup no later then March.

In March I emailed Kim was told that all of those pups were placed and I am still on the list, but maybe I would have one in June.

The moral of the story is I've been on the top of ''the list'' since September and have been passed over repeatedly.

When did everyone get on the list?

Wow Bodhi that's rough. I'd be circumambulating the Stupa.

Two months (july to sept) sounds really optimistic to me. We waited 6 months the first time. The second time it was 9 months and we turned down the call because Waki was a teen and needed more time to mature - that was last March. It was 7 months until Cake after that. Sometimes when you are at the top of the list you aren't because people that turned down a call are re-contacted. Sounds like you slipped through the cracks, though.

I to have been on the list sense July .I regrettably passed on the litter in , I think October. Still waiting myself.