Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Catch And Michi

Good Morning and Happy Holidays to everyone!

It has been a awhile. This is a big update and post but first and foremost/ Catch has been spayed and the procedure went perfect and she has recovered nicely. ;)

We have done a alot of things since the last update( going to the beach, the spay, winter funtimes, etc)

Before the weather got too cold we made a beach trip where Catch seemed to enjoy the sounds of the ocean. Usually I let Michi run around to her hearts content but we did turns this time around as I was by myself.

go wjhere.PNG

Catch seemed to be puzzled by he sand for a min and when I took her lead off and said ok GO! she looked at me like um...go where? She didn't feel the need to run anywhere. I met up with some prospective aid owners at the beach and they loved Michi and Catch. We went to the doggy bar not far down the road and had a blast then back to the beach. They loved that Michi did not run away too far and always looked to back to say HEY! you guys coming?

Michi wears her doggles whenever she wants to stick her head out of the window. The goggles are not her fav thing in the world but she was so tired on the way back she fell asleep with them on which was a first.

20131026_174000.jpg

Now as for the vet I finally chose for the spay I think I'm actually going to switch permanently to. All the right signs and is much more interested in you and your dog then money. Alot of vets seemed not too keen on performing surgery on a 10 yr old dog. A very thorough checkup and blood test and she Catch was in. It was kinda funny when I dropped her off initially as the crate that was to be her space for the night she peered in, looked at me as if to say we are both not fitting in there... then at the vet tech like excuse me ma'am...we need a bigger crate. The next day upon picking her up she actually glared at me as if to say you have left me how dare you. :wacko: But she got over it really fast as soon she as was in the car where Michi was waiting for her.

smile.PNG

Vet said she was perfect for the whole procedure. Recovery was really quick. Barely touched her sutures.

20131004_141243.jpg

As the snow fell over here in Jersey and fell hard, Catch took a few mornings getting used to the snow. Sometime she would get so cold her teeth would chatter! :( But she took this as an opportunity to move around alot more and engage in play t warm up. Her fav thing is to wait for Michi to run by and pounce on her to pin her down. Michi looves the snow and is running everywhere in it. Catch likes to let the snow land on he face.

152.PNG159.PNG1519541.PNGcatcj.PNGnow nose.PNGplay bow.PNGsnow.PNGsnow2.PNG

Inside the house, Michi has taken it upon her self to groom Catch at all times and to constantly try and get her to play. No more fears of Catch. Catch will tolerate to a point and then growl and Michi will just sulk instead of getting scared. The is a balance they have figured out where I'm actually not quite sure who is the dominant one over who.

But they get along and protect each other when needed and thats all the matters to me.

groom.PNGhugz.PNGnibbler.PNGnibbles.PNGyum.PNGyes.PNG

Sooo thats the end of the this post but here are some baby pics of Star's Kne and Michi as pups.

Capture.PNGsleeping.PNGsleeping2.PNG

152.PNG

159.PNG

1519541.PNG

Capture.PNG

catcj.PNG

Edited by dimsum629
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, wonderful post! So many great photos and it's a heartwarming story and now I want to get an older dog for Danza. (Don't tell anyone I said that.)

I'm glad you are all doing so well!

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone! Been a while...I finally found out the reason why I could not seem to get Catch to have normal and consistent bowel movements. It turns out it was a parasite called Giardia. Once Michi got a whiff of said parasite is when she displayed more than just diarrhea but bloody stool prompting the vet to diagnose this ugly parasite. Being what it is I started meds. Things went well only for Michi to display bloody stool once the meds were done. Catch seems fine no symptoms. After talking with Kim and Chinatola I am probably going to try the kocci free after some time to give time for any meds to be out of the system before kocci free is introduced. In the meantime I am using diatomaceous earth and probiotics internally to hopefully flush the parasite from the inside. Kim had suggested looking into sulfur tablets and I found a couple references stating that nutritional sulfur among some others supplements akin to kocci free makes a gut a unhappy place for the parasite to live and thrive in. So far so good..just can't wait to say a final bye bye to this frustrating protozoa.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Hello everyone!

It has certainly been a while since I've last updated. We now have Catch and Michi on a strict diet of Nature's Variety raw. There's something called montmorillonite clay in it that is something akin to nature's natural stool hardener. Much better than the artificial crap in the science diet food the vet kept pushing. It's funny on the report I received from them I'm using for filing my claim for insurance it says all this stuff about me not following the vet instruction on using de wormers science diet and instead choosing "natural" holistic methods and raw diets. Pshh <_ a raw diet is the key here. i consider catch inner digestive workings more fragile than spider web. it very delicate balance. verrrrryy delicate. one mess up and boom blows in your face. makes hard with treats. she loves anything salty.>

20140612_100236.jpg20140501_223153.jpg20140607_223635.jpg

It may be taking a long time but her life settling in as a inside dog is really progressing. She is finally learning how to relax. Like really relax and kick back. Michi is a great leader and showing her how to do that. Catch is great with showing Michi how it is like to be a mature dog. Michi taking her lessons is another thing though. She has a lot of growing up to do still. We are progressing however. We have been back and forth doing some things like going to the beach a few times and having some play dates with two huskies that have been part of our pack. I have also been taking them both to a nice place called pet valu for baths. It has a nice set up for not killing your back. 20140519_173630.jpg

We also celebrated Michi's 2nd birthday.

20140524_213914.jpg

And just this past Monday I gave birth! YAY :D Named her Ellie. Born 7/7/2014 at 7lbs and 7oz.

• Like 4

We also had yet another incident with Catch in which she manages to baffle everyone. If you recall when she first came home with me she had gotten on my roof in what I believe is her not wishing to be separated and escaping to look for familiar pack settings. The she got out again and ran to the next town and we had to retrieve her on a golf course on golf carts. Quite funny looking back when the employees where all like what is her name? Uh...it's catch. <_>

Now the third adventure for her ended not so good that her paws got really worn out and the pads are blistered. :( This happened on the second day I was in the hospital. Both of them were at my parents and the screen door got unlocked and Catch was gone. Michi stuck around though. I think Catch was trying to look for her pack yet again as when I did get to them later she expressed a lot more happiness than I have ever seen come from her when seeing us. Now for the baffling part..10:00 AM she got out and around 12 noon we got the call from a nice lady who had found her. 10 miles away. :blink: She asked how long she had been missing and was shocked when we said only a couple of hours. Even more is that we have no idea how she got the where she was as most of it is highway and major roads between where she started and ended. Just crazy. Although she did head in the general direction where we were which was south. No idea if it's coincidence or not. I just hope this is her last great and grand adventure out and about by herself.

Congratulations! 7/7 and 2x7 is 14 and 7 and 7. Does this baby like 7 or what?

Maybe GPS on Catch for when you travel?I love the TAG system. Sends messages to my phone with map and driving directions.

• Like 2

Congrats Mommy!

Told K'ne she was an aunt ;)

• Like 1

Dog GPS...EXCELLENT! I hope you are right, that she was missing you and worried for you. What else could it be?

And congrats on Ellie. I hope you are both doing well. Please post a picture of the little gal when you can.

Congrats on Ellie! Glad to hear that progress is being made. All the best...

• Like 1

Little Ellie is going to have instant playmates and protectors. How grand is that! Congratulations to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!!! Love those chubby cheeks!

• Like 1

She is adorable!!!!!!!