Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Hello everyone!

I must say I had a really fun time with everyone at the Gathering. ^_^1-20130813_224930.jpg One other interesting thing a s soon as I opening my luggage to unpack Michi shot up from under the bed like a shot. At first I thought I had accidentally stepped on her tail or something but then I realized the particular suitcase I was opening had my sleeping bag and some clothes I was wearing when I was at the Gathering. She went neck deep into the sleeping bag and just inhaled all the wonderful scents. Then sat just smelling and wagging her tail for a few minutes.Wonderful smells.jpg1-20130813_114503.jpg

1-20130813_114930.jpg

• Like 1

oh boy there goes my post... I am wayyy too tired to try and figure out what happened...I'll try and fix tomorrow ... :wacko: at least the pictures made it.

How cool is that? I see your post. Glad you had a good time.

Who Dat? Catch looks good. Very relaxed. Same with Michi. I am glad that Michi got a snout full of "home" before there was home. Michi is one of my favorites - so sweet and pretty.

Aww thanks! Michi is indeed very sweet! I would love to see her at the Gathering one year. Michi and Catch have very different energy levels so far. Catch is still very cautious about things but has since been waggin her tail and giving "doggy smiles". Just have to get pictures of it.

Ahh yes I love the crossed paws. :D Im sorry about not seeing you at the Gathering. Would love to meet your dogs. Maybe we can all get together one day. I find that while Catch likes to tuck into herself when she is relaxing and Michi kinda just sprawls out all over the place. lol 1-20130818_160617.jpg

1-20130817_111000.jpg1-20130817_122157.jpg1-20130817_122203.jpg1-20130817_122247.jpg1-20130818_160551.jpg1-20130818_003451.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Val,

Catch looks so relaxed and happy. Looks like indoor living is agreeing with her. :D

So nice to see the little smile on Catch's face :)

And she looks so much better. Hard work policing a pack of puppies!

So nice to see the little smile on Catch's face :)

And she looks so much better. Hard work policing a pack of puppies!

couldn't agree more Star....I think she might think she is at "spa".... :D

LOL she took to the couch like a fish to water. The other night a pillow was next to her and she went to put her head down but the couch pillow was "in the way" as her head hit the pillow she was like ooo I think I like pillows- closed her eyes and snuggled in. :P

Hey VAl Im sooo glad Catch is working out hows the food situation going ??she does look happy prabably happy not having so many dogs around look At Danakka at the reunion Sunday he was fine just shy

She is fitting in and getting used to myself and Justin. She kinda just followed us around everywhere at first but now is used to relaxing in her spots until we call her. The energy difference is astounding between Mich and Catch. However its a whole new experience having two dogs. They act as a pack outside and do a lot of things in sync. Inside, the problem I'm having is not food aggression from Catch but jealousy from Michi. She has learned the name Catch solely for the purpose of making sure Catch is not getting "more" than she is. I can understand where Michi is coming from and it is getting better. Catch is very tolerant of Michi but will draw the line when needed. I'm hoping time will help this issue and its not really much of an issue more as I'm waiting/hoping for them to bond more strongly to one another.

Sounds like your expectations are realistic. As long as no one is drawing vet visit worthy blood you are doing fine. The "first" new animal sibling is going to be a shock but after this you can add more and it will be easier. How old is Catch?

Catch is about 10 years old. We like to call her Mamagirl as a nickname. Michi is very responsive to a reprimand from any other dogs. We went to the dog park today after talking with Kim about it and had success with the poo. It seemed to really loosen her up a bit and she seemed to enjoy it(her tail was in the highest position I have ever seen). We did have a incident with a intact male who kept chasing her. Didn't "catch" her and Michi sprang into action to defend her which was nice. Kept glaring at him afterwards.

Oooo teamwork! Awesome sign. And glad the DP experience went well :)

Sounds like she is trying hard to fit into her new family :)

Ok, its happened. What seems like in a span of two of so days Catch's behavior flipped. We have been frequenting the dog park and just been going around differnt pet stores and pet friendly places. Her behavior inside is alot more relaxed and her dominance is showing. Justin reports coming home to all the antlers and toys arranged in a neat pile on the Catch side of the couch. :blink: Food is eaten more confidently and also tries to check out Michi's bowl even before Michi is done in which the opposite had been happening up until this point. Not so worried about it as she responds to verbal correction each time. Just when I'm not there "ie toys in a pile on couch"

1-20130823_211611.jpg1-20130825_153838.jpg1-20130825_153854.jpg1-20130825_154330.jpg1-20130825_154341.jpg1-20130825_154423.jpg

On another note she is super quiet. And super close. Half the time I am nearly tripping over her outside for real. I'm busy doing something inside and look up and holy crow! Hey Catch. Super silent when moving. I wonder if she watches us during our sleep? lol

• Like 1

Oh yeah. In addition to a light nose bump when Catch wants your attention she also comes really close (almost not touching) and will proceed to flick her ear so that it "bats" me over and over. Does anyone else's AID do this?

Oh yeah. In addition to a light nose bump when Catch wants your attention she also comes really close (almost not touching) and will proceed to flick her ear so that it "bats" me over and over. Does anyone else's AID do this?

Really don't have time right now to answer but the only time I have is NOW.....

Yes.

Joan and I just returned from a vacation and found we had profoundly missed those externally subtle touches because they weigh and mean so profoundly much to us on the inside.

Kim challenged us to learn as many of their words as they learn of ours.

The challenge may be even more profound than that -- we feel that Draco & Wicca challenge us to met them consciously in the telepathic place they are already functioning in. (Draco let out a huge sigh, just as I finished typing that....)

The challenge may be even more profound than that -- we feel that Draco & Wicca challenge us to met them consciously in the telepathic place they are already functioning in. (Draco let out a huge sigh, just as I finished typing that....)

I'm not expecting/demanding anyone else hold to my esoteric beliefs. It's just that I'm gathering too much anecdotal evidence to deny it.