Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Puppy Pickup At Airport Question

I called the Indy airport where out pup will be flying into when it is time. Talked to the cargo department and they say I will need my I.D. and also the Airbill # in order to pickup the pup. Kim says that one is not needed but the airport says it is. Just curious as to if any of you ran into this and if it is needed or not. Figured I would ask here since it could possibly help others when picking up their pups. Trying to do a little homework before the time gets here so I am prepared. Would hate to get there and not have what I needed.

Edited by RoyS

Also how big is the shipping crate. I have not seen where a size has been posted. Will it fit in the front seat of a vehicle or would one need to take a vehicle with fold down seats in the rear. I don't imagine them to be too big.

i picked up mooka at buffalo airport and his create fit in the middle sits of my truck ,all i needed was the fli # and arrival and the tracking number that kim gave me

after he set up the flight and i had to pay for the flight on pickup as they would not let it be paid before hand,if it is like mine should be a very smooth pick up

good luck

Hi Roy I just picked up my little pup late last night,I had no problems at all at the airport. All I needed was my photo I'd and the flight number, it went very smooth. The crate is about 2.5ft long and a bit bigger than a ft wide 1.5 ft tall. It will fit on any car seat I would amazing.

.....would imagine......

Hi Roy I just picked up my little pup late last night,I had no problems at all at the airport. All I needed was my photo I'd and the flight number, it went very smooth. The crate is about 2.5ft long and a bit bigger than a ft wide 1.5 ft tall. It will fit on any car seat I would amazing.

Thanks for that information. I appreciate it. I didn't figure they would be too big. Just big enough to put them in I suppose. It probably won't matter anyway. I am sure I will have a little fur ball on my lap on the way home when it comes time. Start the bonding on the ride home.

if your little bundle of joy grows like mine he wont fit in create for long i got mooka when he was 10 weeks i think and now he is 20 and almost 30lbs and all legs

and loves to dig and steal things and cause mischief and hop fences but would never give him up thinking of getting another one in the future and boy are they smart ,we solved the problem if no human was in back yard with the 3 dogs we have that he had to go on a leash till we build a 6ft fence

and if yours is anything like mooka he is very vocal

well have fun and enjoy your new family member

...vocal.. lolol

I will never forget K'ne's first night with us...