Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Snow In Washington.

WOW GIB Keep it out there LOL we have missed all snow fall so far we are suspose to get some snow rain and mess after 12 midnight tonight then rain in the morning after 6am to bad the gang will miss it again but its cold here iin Boothwyn Pa /wilmington DE

@ Molly your pictures are beautiful Love sunrises

Thanks Linda. I feel like that old camera is attached to my hip these days especially with the new pup, Two Step. Having a ball with him. Having Two is definitely the way to go....maybe more.... :lol:

I like the snow globe. We have a wood stove with a picture window. Its nice to see the flames and watch it come down outside. Water in the bath tub, laundry, food that doesn't need cooking.... sounds like hurricane prep. Our male performs his best romantic dances for his girl in the snow. He's not as spry as he use to be so lately that's barking into her fur and jumping over her sideways from the back. Left bark, right bark, left bark, right bark... (no giant loops and we stay clear of her snapping range these days). Do song-dogs dance too?

Sherab, it does sound a little like hurricane prep, except you don't expect to take the show on the road.

A week after the heavy snows started, we are finally back to normal, almost. I expect that my husband will be able to drive his car off our road tomorrow for work, and I'll get the Subaru back to drive my son to school. We were stuck in the house until Thursday night - we probably could have braved our unplowed hill a little sooner, but we didn't need to be that intrepid. We've had a car stuck at the bottom of the road before, and didn't need to do it again. I didn't think I'd ever be so glad to eat at Red Robin, but that was about the only place that was open in our town on Thursday. Even Starbuck's was still closed.

I still have friends stuck at home, but as of this morning I think everyone got their power back. Things have melted enough that even the unplowed roads like ours are becoming passable. I've had enough excitement for one winter!

We are good too. Friday, I put the truck in 4-wheel drive to make it down the hills to the main road, where it was clear. If we didn't have such narrow streets, with cars parked all along, it would not be such a worry. Every misstep is possible litigation, here, and I saw many people spinning their wheels and sliding around, not a block away from a clear road.

However, regular temps have returned, and while there is still snow in places, our secret holiday is at an end.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember how we were all whining and whinging, just a few weeks ago? Now I have violets up, and bulbs starting, I have a vine that is flowering, the trees and the honeysuckly are beginning to bud..... I worked in the yard, this weekend.

We had a beautiful week or two last February, too. Out here I still have a few small piles of crusty snow and there was frost on everything this morning. Tell the plants to calm down.

No snow here although we had some fall it turned to rain, Shunka loves it, would love to see Katie's view of it for the fIrst time. We had a young lad come over from Australia to visit us when we were children, and when he saw the snow for the first time he said it looked like daisies falling from the sky. Always remember that when I see it fall, but it still looks like Mother Goose is shaking her feather bed! We still have time for some more, it usually comes across the Atlantic from you or the North Sea from Moscow.

Have plenty of food in the house, Steve has a small generator, if the worst comes to the worst, we can move into the cabin at the end of the garden it has a wood stove and oil lamps! Can cook one pot meals on the stove or use gas powered camping stoves, as an advert over here goes "Simples"

Tell the plants to calm down.

I remember talking to an old-timer about this Feb. weather we get sometimes. It had turned cold again, and I was worrying for the plants, and she said, "I think the plants know what they are doing."

Always liked that thought, although I know they are not infallible.

Liz, that sounds like a fun winter vacation! Meet you in the garden.