Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

From our menagerie- we wish you all a happy and healthy and safe 2012.

From Star, Gwydo, Jasper, Mina, Harley and Phoebe (and the 4 chickens lol)

May all your paths be shaded, your bones be large and your squirrels be slow :)

And, to you, Star, and yours. And all on the AI Dog forums.

May your future remain off-leash and your aspirations on point.

Here's to a good year... :)

May all your injuries by minor,

may your communications be profound,

and may all the squeakers in your squeak toys, take days to be discovered.

Happy New Year everyone. May your days be joyous, may you find all of the lost balls in your gardens, and have many memorable moments with your AID's cuz I want to hear about every one of them..... :lol:

Happy new years from PA. may your days bee full of sunny days to roll in the grass chase balls and disks play with doggy friends

First Christmas with Namequa was terrific. At six months now, she is just topping out at 25 lbs. We've been through two general obedience classes and yesterday started an Agility for Fun class, where I've been encouraged to use extra caution not to let her jump too high until she's full grown. Not sure how big that is going to be...she seems small compared to a lot of the photos out here, but sometimes pix can be deceiving. Anyway, thank you all for your kindness and support. Hope your new year is blessed with joy - and if it seems as though it is not working out that way, take a look into your AID's eyes, and I'll bet you'll feel differently! Here is a recent photo of Namequa and her "brother in spirit" MooShoo. I'm also including a hyperlink for you to enjoy. It's an amazing post of a German fellow "walking" 16 dogs off leash through the German countryside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=qFP28ANXLLA&vq=medium

Happy Birthday2.jpgMooShoo Xmas 2011.jpg

Not sure how big that is going to be...she seems small compared to a lot of the photos out here, but sometimes pix can be deceiving.

My AID was also quite small for a long time. She settled at 35 pounds, which is pretty average for a female, but she seemed so small to me for so long. Well, she was.

As advertised, she grew and matured slowly. Now when we go to Gib's for a little dog gathering, she looks normal. it's nice to see her with the occasional AID female for comparison.

That's a very fun picture. Kim has been bringing the size down for a few years, now. They come in many sizes. One of mine runs close to 50, and the other is about 35.

Good for you to watch those joints. Forgot how long you are supposed to wait. Anyone? I'll have to look that up, again.

I'm not sure how long it is, but my sence tells me to take it easy til after they reach maturity....anyone?

Vet's say- right around 18 months. No "Assisted heights" aka- vaulting off persons/things. I know Jas was about 14 months when he started to really fly- on his own. Come spring, we will start working on vaults, because he will be about 20 months at that point. :)