Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Aidogs Sleeping

Do ALL AIDogs sleep in weird and unusual and seemingly impossible ways? Denakka usually naps on the sofa--butt against the cushions and head hanging over the front edge--often upside down--often more than his head hanging over the edge. Several times he's stretched and gone right off onto the carpet, waking up only when his head hits the floor! And his front legs are everywhere--straight up in the air, hanging sideways--you name it! Trying to get some good pictures--he wakes when he hears the camera switch on! So rude of him to do that!

LOLOL

Um-

yep

You'll get used to it. ;)

Was napping- but woke up when Hubby called me to get the camera.

100_0987.jpg

What we call "dead-bug"

JasBackNap.jpg

sleep1.jpg sleep2.jpg

One of my favorites- Headless puppy.

sleep3.jpg

Try keeping your camera in a padded cloth bag.. muffles the sound.

Or turn it on in another room.

HAHA--I knew you'd have pictures. I have a few but not the really wild ones where someone would say, "No, way!" Good tip for the bag. Another room won't work since we are the only ones in the house, he knows where I am all the time--never sleeps through my moving. Makes it really hard to get those crazy sleeping pictures.... Had lots of dogs, never any that sleep upside down!

HAHA--I knew you'd have pictures. I have a few but not the really wild ones where someone would say, "No, way!" Good tip for the bag. Another room won't work since we are the only ones in the house, he knows where I am all the time--never sleeps through my moving. Makes it really hard to get those crazy sleeping pictures.... Had lots of dogs, never any that sleep upside down!

I know what you mean Gramtot. They remind me of the little toddler that has been racing around for hours, stops dead in their tracks like the battery has run down, and fell asleep on the spot....

sleep_pup_3IMG_8951.jpg

sleep_pupIMG_6410.jpg

Goofy dogs. ;)

sleep_pup_2CRW_6903.jpg

LOLOL

One of my favorites- Headless puppy.

sleep3.jpg

Try keeping your camera in a padded cloth bag.. muffles the sound.

Or turn it on in another room.

Joan keeps telling us that these dogs not only speak English, they are telepathic. Sometimes just thinking about the camera causes the disruption. As amazing as some of the pictures ARE, I keep thinking of all the pictures that "got away".

Here are a couple of my favorite sleeping pictures.

Draco can be found sleeping almost anywhere, but sometimes we don't know where his head is at.... :P

Headless_Draco_sleeping.jpg

Draco's brother, Rocco, lives with our kids in Portland. A master of advanced sleeping techniques, this is one of my favorites. Yes, he was definitely asleep.

Rocco_Napping_Small.jpg

Draco's brother, Rocco, lives with our kids in Portland. A master of advanced sleeping techniques, this is one of my favorites. Yes, he was definitely asleep.

Rocco_Napping_Small.jpg

YES! THAT is exactly what Denakka does only he's farther up and smaller (so far) so he doesn't brace on the floor. When he gets that far over the edge--CLUNK--down he goes. He wakes up on the way down with total confusion on his face. I usually say, "Well, what exactly did you expect to happen!" I love all the pictures of these dogs sleeping. I've had many dogs in my life of other breeds and Denakka (and evidently most other AIDogs) is the only one who seems to sleep upside down and inside out. Very fun. Yet another cat-like quality. More sleeping pictures anyone?? And, yes, I'll try to get some myself but I wouldn't trade how aware he is of me for a good picture--if only I could have both! HA--I want it all!!!

LOLOL

Your "inside out" reminded me-

Just for laughs-

simple_cat.jpg

Had one of JJ this way, but can't find it. :P

Joan keeps telling us that these dogs not only speak English, they are telepathic.

For Sure Gib-

I concur. Don't know if they speak English, but they definitely understand it. Helps when you teach them in sentences too. :P

Jasper does certain tricks BEFORE I ask. I merely THINK the word and he cocks his head slightly and Does it..

And I am trying to teach Tehya to Speak English.

lol

She is certainly Vocal enough.

I read this article on the web about dogs and 'telepathy' - basically they are just really good at reading our signals but with the indian dogs, I do swear that they are telepathic! Definitely empathic!

http://news.discovery.com/animals/dogs-are...thy-110609.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...e-thinking.html

I read this article on the web about dogs and 'telepathy' - basically they are just really good at reading our signals but with the indian dogs, I do swear that they are telepathic! Definitely empathic!

http://news.discovery.com/animals/dogs-are...thy-110609.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...e-thinking.html

Great articles! I'm reading a great dog book (sorry, the name is very boring and I can't remember it) that is all about dog evolution both psychological and physical. The profound way they differ from wolves, the animal that most informs our popular views on how our dogs think, is surprising. I'm not even halfway through it so don't want to recommend it yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

Great articles! I'm reading a great dog book (sorry, the name is very boring and I can't remember it) that is all about dog evolution both psychological and physical. The profound way they differ from wolves, the animal that most informs our popular views on how our dogs think, is surprising. I'm not even halfway through it so don't want to recommend it yet, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

Not the one by Coppinger? Can't remember the title exactly - read that one years ago. Was fascinated by it. Does it have the foxes in it that were bred for docile behavior that ended up spotted and with floppy ears?

Not the one by Coppinger? Can't remember the title exactly - read that one years ago. Was fascinated by it. Does it have the foxes in it that were bred for docile behavior that ended up spotted and with floppy ears?

No, this is a new release. I had to put a hold on hold at the library, and it took a good few weeks to come in.

I've read about the foxes a number of times. It's a huge experiment.

Is it "Dog Sense" by John Bradshaw ??

I am reading it currently and LOVE it. A lot of it makes so much sense - especially when applied to AIDogs. The teamwork aspect of their behavior is amazing in this new light. :P

Is it "Dog Sense" by John Bradshaw ??

I am reading it currently and LOVE it. A lot of it makes so much sense - especially when applied to AIDogs. The teamwork aspect of their behavior is amazing in this new light. :)

Yes, that's it. I haven't gotten past the history part, I've been super busy with photography. But I've been enjoying it when I get a chance to read it.

Joan keeps telling us that these dogs not only speak English, they are telepathic. Sometimes just thinking about the camera causes the disruption. As amazing as some of the pictures ARE, I keep thinking of all the pictures that "got away".

Here are a couple of my favorite sleeping pictures.

Draco can be found sleeping almost anywhere, but sometimes we don't know where his head is at.... :)

Headless_Draco_sleeping.jpg

Rocco_Napping_Small.jpg

These are the most interesting dogs in all ways!!!

Here's a couple of Chhaya and Koda....

Koda_006.jpg

Koda_027.jpg

Koda_028.jpg