Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Draco & Wicca's Adventures

Eleven Days? Holy Cow! That just flew by (although I'm sure at times it seemed to be hell on earth watching her give you the "look" :rolleyes: ) didn't it?

So happy to hear that she's soon to be zoomie town bound! :lol:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, friends and family, I have to make a confession.....   We have been far, far too busy. How busy, you may well ask.   Glad you asked. We've been so busy, that for the first time ever, I cam

Haven't purchased the Chinese herbs, yet.   We've a vet appointment coming up and will ask then. If we get no direct assistance from our vet then I'll go direct.   There's nothing immediate pushi

I did a quick search but didn't find any references I may have made back over the last few years to a family we've met several times in Edmonds while walking Draco & Wicca.   Started back a whi

Posted Images

Gib I would love to see that on video!!!!:

WAHOOOOOOOOO...that would be fantastic. I second that!

WAHOOOOOOOOO...that would be fantastic. I second that!

Third-ed! I have a feeling it will be one of those sights likely to bring happy tears to the eyes of even those of us across the country. What greater joy than freedom to fly!

Happy Friday.... Wicca's release appointment is next Tuesday. But, she's had some off-leash time!!!!!

I've put a couple of videos too big to upload here on the AI Dog FaceBook page -- which has quite a bit of recent activity. Cool!!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/americanindiandog

She is just a bundle of happy Running Joy/Glee!

You can almost hear the *Squeeee!!* of happiness. :D

Happy Holidays, everyone...

Wicca's 6-week final check-up was Tuesday -- She passed with flying colors. She's free.

Didn't catch Wicca's first ecstatic run on video. We were practically crying with joy... but we did put an extended run up on the AI Dog Facebook page.

One of the biggest relief/pleasures was being able to let both dog's out, off-leash, to do their nightly before-bedtime rituals. For the last 6 cold, wet weeks, one of has been right there with Wicca.

For Christmas? Freedom all around!!

Wicca's going to be a good frisbee dog. Draco still shows exceptional aptitude but poor attitude about catcing objects other than food out of the air!! Wicca loves to do the run and catch....

(Is there a spell checker in this new format? Or do I need to reinstall iSpell? My daily use laptop is slowly dying -- just te keyboard and CPU!!. Right now, the "h" key works only alf the time!! Santa? Are you listening?)

We're excited about Cristmas. Joan's Mom & Sister are joining us for the weekend. Our son, daughter-in-law and our two grandkids are bringing their AI Dog Rocco this afternoon. We are also watcing our nephew's dog, Gir, until early next week.

We are going to have a howling good time.

Joan and I were lauging that we should set up a webcam and charge admission! We are SO looking forward to it... with Mom and the grandkids coming we bought new Christmas lights & decorations.

Found a great deal on a living Incense Cedar which will get planted this Spring. Right now, it's on our deck, rigt outside our living room, decorated with a beautiful star on top.

Everyone stay safe. Be well.

383098_331824593513667_205344452828349_1244023_1530950115_n.jpg

Happy Holidays

Edited by Gib

That was funny. Happy happy to you and yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you all would get a good smile out of this picture of the new trick I taught Wicca first thing New Year's morning.

She was running frenetically up and down the upstairs hallway, coming into our bedroom and making a grand leap nearly from door to bed. What a perfect time to teach her to jump through my arms!! What could possibly go wrong!??!

I bend over, put my arms into a hoop. She comes running and jumps and, well, see the results for yourself!!

Wicca\'s Trick Gib\'s Eye.jpg

Just above her left eye (Joan pointed out it’s the hardest part of her beautiful little head!!) scored a perfect hit to the outside of my right eye. She was going 200 miles an hour or so it felt!! (It’s been a little while since I’ve been hit that hard!! I didn’t go down and I didn’t go out. OK, I kind of went down, but not out…) I don’t know if she made up onto the bed. (Joan says, "Of course Wicca made it up onto the bed! :P "

Finally got my glasses bent back into a wearable shape!

Not concussed but a little non plus-ed, we live to tackle 2012 a little bruised but not broken!!

~~~~

Since I'm here, I'll post a couple of other pictures...

A recent portrait of Draco & Wicca that I don't think I've posted yet.

Wicca & Draco.jpg

A nice picture of Wicca.

Wicca.jpg

Cousin Gir came over the Holidays for a visit.

Wicca and Gir 2.jpg

Wicca loves and stalks him...

Wicca and Gir 1.jpg

Gir, being ball obsessed sometimes didn't pay enough attention to Wicca. So, she learned "who controls the Chuck-It controls the game".

Who Controls The Chuckit.jpg

Wicca's eyes light up when she gets to wrestle with Gir

Gir Wicca\'s eyes.jpg

Draco, Gir & Wicca were frequently, literally a whirlwind blur.

Draco Gir Wicca Whirlwind.jpg

More again soon.

Edited by Gib
  • Like 1

ow Gib-

nice shade of purple eye shadow you have there!

I love the photo of the two dogs together! Also, the one with the chukkit is pretty funny. Roscoe got so sick of Danza always beating him to the ball that he started standing behind me, waiting for the ball end of the flinger to go over my shoulder. Then he'd jump up and nab the ball while it was still in the little holder. Sometimes I'd hold it there just a little longer than usual to give him a chance.

Wicca is so beautiful!

I can just picture that, Karen.

Gib, their heads are like big rocks, eh? :lol:

I know how that feels, Gib. Not to that extent, but Willow has a tendency to jump right onto sensitive area's, or using them as a platform to jump off of.

Gib, so glad it all turned out well. Some of us were discussing food on the other page. I can make an observation about the difference raising GSDs on science diet vs making our own raw diet - our second round of GSD's matured much more slowly than our first. I'd say it took the male 6 months longer to reach full size and the female a year. We were pleased since rapid growth can be a problem for large dogs. Since this is rare for AIDs it may not be an issue but it's a data point for anyone to consider if they are worried.

So Gib, I'm guessing the trials & tribulations from the post surgery experience are a far distant memory now? If so, that gives me hope as it seems that our new pup is so far off into the future that it's becoming a form of torture!

So Gib, I'm guessing the trials & tribulations from the post surgery experience are a far distant memory now? If so, that gives me hope as it seems that our new pup is so far off into the future that it's becoming a form of torture!

We picked up Wicca in June about six months ago: The first two were the "quarantine" period. The last two on surgery-recovery-restriction. The middle two were the painful buildup to the surgery.

So, yes, those trials & tribulations are a (far distant?) memory now.

As they say, "This too shall pass."

Here's to an amazing 2012...

As usual Gib, your photos are great......how is your eye doing? Was Wicca beside herself when you got hurt? Hope all is much better, and that the eye shadow has dimmed.

• 2 weeks later...

As usual Gib, your photos are great......how is your eye doing? Was Wicca beside herself when you got hurt? Hope all is much better, and that the eye shadow has dimmed.

Eye is much better. The black & blue is almost all gone! B)

Didn't find that I had posted these pictures elsewhere. So, just a few of our more interesting recent nice shots...

Draco Hunts.jpg

Draco Squirrel tree.jpg

Four of us 1.jpg

Stay warm. Be safe. Have fun..

• 1 month later...

I spent the weekend in Portland with my Son and his family.

I mentioned elsewhere going to dogparks...

Here are a few photos that kind of catch Draco & Wicca up on things.

Draco, Rocco and their two litter mates turned two years old last Saturday, February 25th.

Here's a nice picture at the Edmond's waterfront.

Wicca Joan & Draco Edited.jpg

Elsewhere was discussion about our dogs various Looks. I showed Draco's Squirrel Look. Here's Draco's Crow Look.

Draco Crow Look Small.jpg

Also, elsewhere, was a discussion of action photos. I mentioned that Wicca runs as if hovering. Now, I think it's hovering as if running.

This one is Wicca hovering in our back yard.

Wicca Hovering.jpg

This is Wicca hovering in Portland this weekend.

Wicca Hovering Email.jpg

It's a grainy shot but I love her smile!!

I just looked at the pictures I posted. Three out of four are way more grainy than I thought. Sorry.

I still think all four pictures tell a few thousand words-worth of story.

So I gather from that smile, that she is continuing to do well. So glad to hear it!

Is it hard having a wife who is as photogenic as the dogs? That is a beautiful shot.

Love the "hovering" and the smile! Denakka smiles a lot, but ALWAYS when running!

Grainy doesn't matter....unless you're entering some kind of contest....this is just great...catches the true spirit of the dogs....great job!