Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Niki X Rowdy

Happy birthday To all of Wicca's litter mates....we'd love to hear from the rest of you....Where arrrrrrrrrrrrrre you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was Wicca's 4th Birthday.... We had a great family day.   Happy Birthday litter-mates where ever you are..   (A Draco & Wicca update coming soon.)

This is Willow two days after we picked her up from the airport   This is right after New Years   This was about 3 weeks ago.     They change drastically, and rapidly; keep your camera rea

Niki X Rowdy (Rogue's Rowdy) 8 pups. All happy and healthy.   More news soon.   Hooray! Congratulations to all of us, and especially you people on the waiting list!

Posted Images

Happy birthday Wicca and co! I can't believe it's been a year already.

T must be much more heavily boned than the norm 'cause he just weighed in at 49 lbs the other day and I don't think he's drastically taller than any of them, nor is he even remotely overweight.

well, as you all know- JJ is ALL Legs.. lol

He gets a fair amount of exercise every day, and when he snuggles up, it's like cuddling up to a gunny-sack full of deer antlers.. LOL

Happy birthday!

I doubt Wicca will gain much more weight. But then, she has Draco as a role model.

By the way, did you name Draco after the star?

Wicca has been at that weight for a while know, so we don't expect too much more growth, if any.

Exactly the height & weight we "thought" we were getting when we got Draco!! But, we got so much more!! (24" tall & 65 pounds).

I don't know if I ever really got a good photo of little Draco, before he got his name, when his ears would fold back against his head and he would morph into this little blue-eyed, red pupil-ed, razor fanged dragon. (I'll look.)

A young lady, dear friend was visiting one day before we knew Draco's name. and got to see the dragon while Joan and I were sitting there with them. She just kind of whispered, "Little dragon." The more we talked about it, it became obvious and we found numerous places the name could have come from but didn't.

1. Draco the star/constellation

2. Draco the character in Harry Potter

3. Draco the dragon (Sean Connery's voice) in DragonHeart (The last dragon and a disillusioned dragon-slaying knight)

4. Draco, 7th century BC), the first legislator of Athens

Probably closer is that it is Latin for dragon.

I'm not sure that Lili will ever hit 20 lbs! I just weighed her on the scale at work here & she's 9.4 Lbs! Granted that's nearly double what she weighed when we retrieved her from the airport but she's still a little squint! :rolleyes:

3-21-12.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday, Wicca and mates!

I noticed everyone talking about weight. Soul weighs in at about 38 lbs in the winter and about 35 lbs summer. Brian is always worried that we're not feeding him enough (um, yeah - right - he eats 3 cups of Innova a day and scraps). His metabolism is crazy though - he eats and immediately wants to run - even when we're not outside...from one end of the house to the other - burning those cals.

I did send a pic to Kim a few months back and he told me that Soul's shape was perfect...I swear he does look really, really skinny though - sometimes!

Can't wait to dig deeper and see the new pics of all these great pups!!

~Deb

A few months ago, there was a substitute vet when I took Denakka in. She weighed him--he's 48 pounds at 11 months and then said, "Don't let anyone tell you he's too thin!" My regular vet knows that I know this, but she didn't and I appreciate her saying it because she might say it to folks who don't know--and it might save some dogs from obesity. How can he possibly stay as fast and agile if he gains--and he really likes speed and being agile enough to trick his BFFs! Denakka often doesn't finish his food--eats what he needs and stops. Wish I could do that!

I'm not sure that Lili will ever hit 20 lbs! I just weighed her on the scale at work here & she's 9.4 Lbs! Granted that's nearly double what she weighed when we retrieved her from the airport but she's still a little squint! :rolleyes:

3-21-12.jpg

But she sure is growing!!! Look at those ears!!!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Wicca!!

I still beg Willow to grow, but she seems to have stopped just short of 30lbs, and about 21in to the shoulder. She seems much smaller, though.

Lili was at the vet on Friday last & weighed in at 13.3 Lbs! 20 Lbs here we come!!

IMG_8884cpy.jpg

This is Willow two days after we picked her up from the airport

IMG_1909cpy.jpg

This is right after New Years

IMG_2564cpy.jpg

This was about 3 weeks ago.

They change drastically, and rapidly; keep your camera ready!

• Like 3

This is so fun...Willow has a wrinkle in her forehead just like Two Step. Interesting how her markings changed from a small pup to a more mature canine. WOW! She has soft looking eyes, and wonderful coloring on her forehead. Almost like a widows peak. What a great looking pup.

I'm so excited watching the changes take place & the pictures posted of other dog's changes.....amazing how fast it goes!

Do we have a 'before and after' thread somewhere? I seem to remember there was one or at least a similar one, but I don't remember what it was called!

I still can't believe how much Willow changed. Except for those eyes, her puppy pics and adult pics look like two different dogs.

That last picture is really something, by the way. Excellent and no doubt very special photo!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe Wicca will be a year old. She was officially weighed at the vet's the other day as 42.33 pounds and is 21" at the shoulder.

How are her siblings doing?

Yesterday was Wicca's (& litter mates) birthday. One year old.

Happy Birthday all. This evening is my "scheduled" time to write an update for D & W and that I got to see JD Platt and his two AI Dogs (plus 7 other dogs) perform yesterday.

More later.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday all Niki X Rowdy pups! Denakka says being 1 year old is stupendous!

• 1 month later...

Just looking at these photos again. Really excellent to see the growth and beautiful dog that Willow has become. To go backwards, and see that little sweet thing......loved it.

• 2 years later...

Yesterday was Wicca's 4th Birthday.... We had a great family day.

Happy Birthday litter-mates where ever you are..

(A Draco & Wicca update coming soon.)

• Like 5

Happy Birthday Wicca! OOOoooo, witchy woman....

• Like 2