Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Guten Tag From Germany

Unfortunately, she will have to come and get the pup, because of quarantine laws.

I would love to see a picture of your dog pulling a bike!

6 months. It's a serious barrier.

6 months. It's a serious barrier.

Sinds when do dogs have to go in quarantine for Germany?

I thought that there where the same roules as for Holland.

I don't know, exactly, but it has all happened in the last few years. This is what Kim has told me. It seems the quarantine applies to shipping, but not to pets being brought in by owners.

Well I meant because Kim LaFlamme would like to meet us before sending one of his pups across the ocean.

There is no quarantine when a pet comes to Germany. I'm certain about that.

But it really doesn't matter, because I absolutely understand he wants to meet us before giving us a dog, and I am convinced it's worth it (not sure about surviving the flight but 100percent sure it's worth it)

I misplaced the photo, but yesterday my dog won 3rd place in the Best Mixed Breed of the Show competition at a national and international dog show! He had a blast (the teenager who was in the ring with him had her pockets full of treats), the judges thought he was awesome and I now have a trophy (which isn't the important thing really, but I now have something in hand proving how great this dog has become) and me and him also participated in a Team competition, where you had to lead your dog to jump over or crawl under/into/through things step on (tiny) step stools and stuff like that, and we came in fourth (out of about 20 or so teams). As soon as I get the pictures I will post them. ( My champion is sleeping on the couch after etting some ground beef and vegetables for supper) :lol:

Congratulations on all the wins. Well done! :lol: Looking forward to the photos.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great picture. Happiness and fun are all over his face.....made me giggle. Thanks for sharing. Still laughing :lol:

Nice photos!

Very fun!

Thank you for sharing ;)

Yes, one of our dogs would love living with you!

(the jump is 21.65inches and the dog is 27.55 inches)

I love how precisely you know your dog's height.

Thank you all so much!

The reason I know his height so precisely is because I had to measure him in order to buy the right size of harness. He needs a special one for pulling the bike, something he enjoys (and I was able to convince my sister to take him as I hate bike riding) ....

I love how precisely you know your dog's height.

LOLOL- she probably knows it in cm too ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi you all

just wanted to say I have only been so absent as there is a lot of stress here atm for my family, but I am still reading along. I haven't given up hope on one day having one of these great dogs.

But in the meantime some pictures, the first three show Scooby and the other two my mum's dog Balou; all the pictures were taken at the beginning of August.

My favourite pic is the last one, because it shows Balou's nature, he is pretty much always happy and enjoying life

post-19660-1318288242_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1318288260_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1318288270_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1318288294_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1318288311_thumb.jpg

Absolutely wonderful pics of a very happy dog. When do you plan to get an AID? Hope it's soon. You will have such a great time and so will Balou. :D

Well, I am planning on a second dog once Scooby is too "old" to work. I don't really mena work, I more mean train and compete. The reason is that Scooby wants a lot of attention and he requests it, plus it's also time and money issue...

I don't know if it will be an AID as I am not sure I can get over my anxiety of being locked into a small space with lots of people and if I can't control that I am not flying to the US....but I am still hoping...

We will cross our fingers for you. Love to have another AIDog on your side of the pond.