Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2011 Summer/fall Gathering

Good morning, all!

Has there been any word on a 2011 gathering? Brian wants to come West to check out the area we will be moving to and I'd love to plan our summer vacation around the Gathering!!! We've decided we are going to make it a two week trip (Father in Law's health willing) and camp along the way...stopping in Idaho to see friends and perhaps checking out each state...so...

...am getting excited and have a "hit" on a position at University of Oregon and will be able to keep my newest job at the college here in Michigan. Trying to talk Brian into also picking up a new pup to bring home with us! LOL...

I've been bugging Kim about a date. You and Star should get together, and give me some possibilities to relay.

My votes are :

Later part of June,

The weekend After the 4th of July,

The first weekend of August,

or the 3rd or 4th weekends of August.

Debi says

The latter part of August works for us...we can't do anything before then - due to my teaching contracts for Summer.

Debi says

The latter part of August works for us...we can't do anything before then - due to my teaching contracts for Summer.

The 3rd week of August would work for Ryan and I (we were the ones with the baby at last years gathering picking up our puppy). We would love to come back again for a longer trip. :)

3rd week of August is looking good...

Anyone else?

I'll talk to Kim if no one posts any objections.

3rd week of August is looking good...

Anyone else?

I'll talk to Kim if no one posts any objections.

Yet again this doesn't look good for us. My husband drives in the "Hood to Coast" race for his team and it's always the third weekend in August. Then we usually leave for a short camping trip just after that.

Maybe some day!!!!

Yet again this doesn't look good for us. My husband drives in the "Hood to Coast" race for his team and it's always the third weekend in August. Then we usually leave for a short camping trip just after that.

Maybe some day!!!!

Lisa,

What about a "longer" camping trip - come down after the race? I'd hate to have you miss another one and I SO want to meet you guys! :-)

Debi/Lisa

Maybe Debi and fam could make it out thisaway early (I was going to suggest that anyway) so they could tour the area before the Gathering. And part of the tour could be to go up to Monmouth area and hook up with Lisa and fam before..?

Seeings how the H2C race is on the Gathering Weekend.. Which day/s is he running? If he is running Fri and Sat, maybe you could come down Sat afternoon/evening and hang out till Sunday and/or Monday? I don't know... Just trying to throw out some ideas..

Oh, and we will be there.

And Debi- I am volunteering to act as area tour guide for you and crash/tent space :wacko:

Debi/Lisa

Maybe Debi and fam could make it out thisaway early (I was going to suggest that anyway) so they could tour the area before the Gathering. And part of the tour could be to go up to Monmouth area and hook up with Lisa and fam before..?

Seeings how the H2C race is on the Gathering Weekend.. Which day/s is he running? If he is running Fri and Sat, maybe you could come down Sat afternoon/evening and hang out till Sunday and/or Monday? I don't know... Just trying to throw out some ideas..

And Debi- I am volunteering to act as area tour guide for you and crash/tent space :wacko:

He doesn't run but drives one of the two vans. His team is "Peter and Wolves', hence Western Oregon University Wolves. Ha Ha!

Star maybe you and Debi and I can meet while he's gone. I know it's far off but Debi when do you think you might be coming through the Salem area?? I live about 20 min. west of Interstate 5.

Star, we need to get together way before this. My gosh we live like an hour and half from each other at the most.

L.

Here is our itinerary:

Leaving Sunday before the gathering and traveling via the long road with stops every 9-10 hours to camp. Staying 2 days in Idaho to visit friends and then on to Oregon to Star's backyard! LOL...So...here is the "mapped" out version of the trip with tentative stays: 2011 Road Trip to Oregon. One of the reasons we are coming out is to scope the area for our BIG move out there in a couple of years.

So there should be time for an early meet and greet!!!

Debi/Lisa